Disney 2018

AWholeNewW0rld

Earning My Ears
Anyone planning for a trip in 2018? It's far out I know, but never too early to plan. If you are, what month are you looking to go? Where are you planning to stay?

I think we are. Probably over Mardi Gras. So far away but that's ok! I have a 2017 marching band trip too to plan. :)

And a 20th wedding anniversary trip to plan also. Disney is easy--at least the destination is set. No clue where to go for this!

YES! We are hoping for January 2018. There is usually a group of about 13-20 of us who fly down from Idaho! (my family, siblings and their spouses, my parents, sometimes grandparents) We stayed in Beach Club last time, the first time we stayed Deluxe (were always Moderate before, POR was our fav), and were spoiled rotten!! Everyone says it's not worth going back if we can't stay there again! LOL Being able to walk to Epcot MADE the vacation, I think. So we're trying to find ways to save money there, like get one of our rooms without the dining plan (since we always end up with extra overall in our party), and order more from GG to do breakfasts and stuff (to stretch the meal plans we DO get). Still working on other ways to save.

We are saving our points to do a trip in 2018 for my daughter's high school graduation before she goes off to college. We usually resort hop, so plan on doing the same for this trip. Everyone thinks I am crazy starting to plan this early, but it is so fun. We are thinking 25 days in Disney and will split a stay between AKL, VGF, Poly, SSR, and VWL. Trying to get to Universal a few days too.

25 days?!?! Oh my gosh, that's my dream!!! How do you do that?
Our first trip was 9 days back in 2009 and every year since we have kept adding days. This summer we went for 22 days.
We our Disney Vacation Club, so we have points every year. We will usually use 2 years of points for each trip so we can go longer, but we go every other year. We are skipping 2016 and 2017 so we will have 3 years of points and can stay longer and at nicer bigger rooms.

YES! We are hoping for January 2018. There is usually a group of about 13-20 of us who fly down from Idaho! (my family, siblings and their spouses, my parents, sometimes grandparents) We stayed in Beach Club last time, the first time we stayed Deluxe (were always Moderate before, POR was our fav), and were spoiled rotten!! Everyone says it's not worth going back if we can't stay there again! LOL Being able to walk to Epcot MADE the vacation, I think. So we're trying to find ways to save money there, like get one of our rooms without the dining plan (since we always end up with extra overall in our party), and order more from GG to do breakfasts and stuff (to stretch the meal plans we DO get). Still working on other ways to save.
You might want to try renting points from a member, it is usually much cheaper than booking direct.

My dad (we always travel as an entire family) says he wishes he would have got DVC years ago! We've gone every 2-3 years since around 1998 or so. I've looked into renting points but it kind of seems like a hassle? (finding someone trustworthy, not being able to do any of the booking yourself, the possibility of something happening, and having to add the dining plan later or something like that?) With about 13-14 people, would it really save us money as opposed to getting 3 regular rooms? We'd certainly be interested if it really saved us that much money, though.

My dad (we always travel as an entire family) says he wishes he would have got DVC years ago! We've gone every 2-3 years since around 1998 or so. I've looked into renting points but it kind of seems like a hassle? (finding someone trustworthy, not being able to do any of the booking yourself, the possibility of something happening, and having to add the dining plan later or something like that?) With about 13-14 people, would it really save us money as opposed to getting 3 regular rooms? We'd certainly be interested if it really saved us that much money, though.
I am not sure what the exact cost is direct, but I can give you an example. Renting 1 week at BC in July would be between $1344-1624 from a member because they usually rent between $12-$14.50 a point. You can always rent from an organization that rents them if you feel uncomfortable renting through a member directly. There are a few very reputable places that rent them for members. DVCrequest.com and dvcrentalstore.com are both good.

I am not sure what the exact cost is direct, but I can give you an example. Renting 1 week at BC in July would be between $1344-1624 from a member because they usually rent between $12-$14.50 a point. You can always rent from an organization that rents them if you feel uncomfortable renting through a member directly. There are a few very reputable places that rent them for members. DVCrequest.com and **************.com are both good.
So for that week, is that one room? Or is that a villa? I am going to look more into this, thanks! :)

We are saving our points to do a trip in 2018 for my daughter's high school graduation before she goes off to college. We usually resort hop, so plan on doing the same for this trip. Everyone thinks I am crazy starting to plan this early, but it is so fun. We are thinking 25 days in Disney and will split a stay between AKL, VGF, Poly, SSR, and VWL. Trying to get to Universal a few days too.

Pardon my lack of knowledge on this, but what are points and how do you collect them?

Planning on going in June with my DD and my parents. I grew up going every summer with my folks and now they'll get to go with their granddaughter, who will be 6,and me! DH will have to stay home and work but we got as a family each February.

Pardon my lack of knowledge on this, but what are points and how do you collect them?
Sorry I didn't see this post. We are Disney vacation club. We get points every year based on the contract we chose. Then if we decide not to go one year we can bank them for the following year. We can also borrow from the year after our planned trip.

DVC points are purchased, not collected. It is Disneys version of a timeshare. You buy any number of points for x dollars. These points are available annually for you to use at any DVC resort. You have annual dues to pay.

If you aren't a member of DVC you can rent points from someone who is. They will then book a vacation for you. They control the reservation, not you. You cannot cancel or change the reservation. Or at lea
St not often or easily.

We are planning to go again in 2018. Probably January but could be February. Meanwhile we are taking a hiatus from Disney. We are felling a little disillusioned and feel we need a break from the multiple times per year that we usually go. We are planning a cruise, a trip to Europe and perhaps a trip to California between now and then.

The plan is a two bedroom in BAy Lake Tower.. Although we haven't ruled out the AKL or the Poly or the GF.

We are! We got back from WDW in early March. It was our first time there at that time of year and I loved it!!!! i think its a great time to go!

August 2018.
W
11-14 days, not sure yet. 11 days/10 nights in Disney though and maybe 2 extra days to go to cocoa beach on arrival day/afternoon and then KSC the next day.

It's up in the air right now.

We will primarily stay at the Poly and probably a DVC because it will end up being cheaper (need to check the TA deals too so it may not be). But we also like the 2 showers.

It will be the last Disney trip before my oldest graduates HS.

My sister and her 2 dds will come too. But they are older then my kids. My other sister lives in FL so I am sure she will come visit for a day or two and we can add them to my sisters room.

So planning is a bit of an issue now, sort of. I want to stay at the BC for a few nights at the beginning as there is no way I can not stay there at the end and miss seeing the castle as I cry on DME as its taking us back to MCO.

The reason I want to stay at the BC is so my kids can swim in the pool (if there is a good rate in April I will just do it then...maybe). Plus we don't have to take a bus to DHS and we can get that 1/2 park day over with then and do AK on one other am as its a shorter distance away. And then while at the Poly we can focus on MK and Epcot. But if my sister comes they will want to do the 1/2 mornings with us at those parks and she will go for shorter and I am not sure if she will resort hop.

If she doesn't I will have not one issue staying at the Poly the entire time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!