Disney 2018

Just booked July 2-5 at CSR. DH doesn't know yet :hyper2: but I'm turning 60 next year and going to WDW for the 4th of July and Christmas week has always been my dream so in addition to the 4th, I'm also planning next Christmas. Worse case scenario the 4th of July trip will become my first solo.

Just booked a Royal Room at Port Orleans for Sept 2018. Just my 10 year old grand daughter and me. A dream come true.

Thanks for reminding me about CBR. I think that one may actually be cheaper. Now I get to compare the two to see which one seems better for us since we haven't been to either. I looked for cabins at the Fort Wilderness but all I see are spots to put your own camper or a tent. I do not see anything mentioned about cabins.

Fort Wilderness does have cabins. They are typically priced more than two rooms at a value. You should be able to see them as an option under Fort Wilderness.

I am trying to decide between Oct 2017 or Feb 2018. We have been during both months b4 & wouldn't mind doing either again. I am leaning towards Feb, but we would be arriving at the end of Mardi Gras week & beginning of Pres weekend. I am afraid that would make it more crowded than we would like.

I was in WDW the week prior to and leading into President's Day weekend. It got really crowded in the parks starting on the Thursday leading into the Monday holiday.
Planning June 2018 :flower1:

I am looking at going in June 2018 too. I thought all of us who are planning June 2018 trips could possibly open a June 2018 thread if there isn't one already.

It's official! We are booked for 11 nights in June 2018 at Port Orleans - Riverside.:dogdance:
Woo HOO! Booked for June!

We are 5 as well. We haven't been since 2013 Ans are on the 5 year plan, lol! My DH went to Orlando for work last October and FaceTimed us from the WOD so we could pick what we wanted. He is probably going back this October which we couldn't even go for the weekend d/t HS soccer and then he said next March.

We will stay at the Poly again and I am possibly going to do a DVC just for the 2 bathrooms.
GREAT!

I know what it is like to have a long time between trips. I have not been since 2014 and am really hoping for 2018 but it might be pushed back to 2019 which will make it five years between trips. UGG!

We booked our trip around the end of the school year for the kids and comp soccer tryouts - I'm not looking forward to being there in the heat of June. We are going to do rope drop, swim in the afternoon, and return to a park in the evening - at least with 11 nights I won't feel rushed. Two bathrooms would be nice, but my kids are just happy that they don't have to fight over who sleeps on the air mattress. Two of my kids have been to WDW in the last few years with their grandma and my husband and I haven't been since 1997 when I was a cast member at Disneyland. It will be the first time for my youngest, but we are seasoned Disneyland Resort folks.
June is doable if you just plan for it, like you are doing.

May/June 2018!!!
Yipee!

We have our dates locked in and started our split direct deposit from work into the "Disney Account" like we always do about a year out. We are planning on the poly for 2 weeks in june of 2018

Great idea to have a Disney account to help you save for the trip.

Planning a trip the second week of June for DD's 13th birthday & taking SIL & her family of seven. We've been planning this trip for two years already. We'll be staying at All-Star Sports in three rooms.
Sounds like a fun trip with extended family. I always have thought it would be fun to be at WDW with extended family or friends but so far I have only been with just my immediate family.

I'm waiting with the FD hopefuls to see what the offers are this year, to try and guess what they might be for next year! Everyone is excited with anticipation! It keeps me in the Disney loop. I think people are sick of me talking about it. My sister is going this year with her grandkids for spring break. She isn't excited at all! I mean, she'll definitely enjoy seeing her grandkids having fun, but she has no interest in Disney. She's not sure which days she's even going. She doesn't care about any of the rides or where they are going to eat. It's just mind boggling to me, but I guess she just isn't Disney material...LOL.

I have to agree with you, it really surprises me when someone is going and just shows no interest in it. I want to jump up and down and beg that person to change places with me for the week.

First post from me in forever, glad to be back!

June 2018 for us, celebrating our daughter's high school graduation. Told my daughter yesterday to start figuring out where she wants to stay as we will be able to book in a few months, so we are starting to get excited. That's the beauty of Disney vacations...you get to plan them for a full year ahead of time...really get your money's worth!

Andy

True - Disney planning is part of the fun of the vacation!

Going in the Summer 2018, grandson's graduation. We managed to get almost every one of the adult kids and grandkids to commit...all except my youngest, single son, who doesn't plan anything ahead, so a year out is impossible for him...LOL. I even tried to guilt him into going...no luck. It would be the first time since my kids were little that we are all on vacation together. Fingers crossed!

He needs to get onboard. I am sure if he chooses not to go, he will regret it. It is really hard to get everyone together the older people get. Good luck convincing him to go.

We are going June 2018. Hoping to stay CBR again but depends on construction. Thanks @patches07 for June 22nd update!!!!

Yea, for June!

Just booked our package for June 2018! Staying 5 days/6 nights @ All Star Sports: our family of three & SIL's family of 7.

Great - hope to see you there in June 2018 myself.

Just booked July 2-5 at CSR. DH doesn't know yet :hyper2: but I'm turning 60 next year and going to WDW for the 4th of July and Christmas week has always been my dream so in addition to the 4th, I'm also planning next Christmas. Worse case scenario the 4th of July trip will become my first solo.

Good for you! If your husband doesn't join you, I am sure there will be opportunities for DIS meets when you are there. I often think about going on a solo trip myself.

SO glad to know there is a bunch of 2018 Disers going!! We officially have booked our rooms along with my folks. Look out AOA here comes The Swan Family - May 15 - 22nd!!!! :yay:

Last edited:

September 2018!!! It will be my DH and DD first time to WDW. Just booked 9/2-9/8 staying at the POLY. I know its a long time out but I'm looking forward to the planning

September 2018!!! It will be my DH and DD first time to WDW. Just booked 9/2-9/8 staying at the POLY. I know its a long time out but I'm looking forward to the planning

The anticipation is half the fun! You will have such a wonderful time making memories. Our first trip with our boys is still one of my favorite trips.

Very exciting! Taking someone to the parks for the first time is so much fun!

Today, I am feeling a bit envious of two of my fellow colleagues who have left today for trips. One is going to Disneyland to run in the 5K and go to the park one day and then back on Monday. It is a very quick Labor Day trip. We live in Illinois, so a super long and expensive trip for just one full day in the park. I don't think I could plan a trip for just one day like that at least when I made all the plans and for the cost of the plane tickets out there for her entire family. Three of the family members will be in the race. I would need to extend the trip a few extra days. Yes, I know Disneyland is not as big as WDW but I would want at least two to three days at the two parks and then perhaps a day to explore the area. I want to go to Disneyland someday. It would be fun to ride the rides that are not at WDW and to walk through the actual park where Walt Disney spent a lot of his time.

My other colleague left this morning to go to WDW with her family. They are going to be gone for seven days and will be staying at the Poly. Now, that sounds like a fun trip. More time to explore and relax. :beach: Hopefully, they will not have too much rain, etc from any tropical storms. I am sure they will have fun enjoying everything even if they have to dodge some rain drops.

Well, here's to pixie dust for us all as we dream and plan for our trips in 2018!party:

Well, my 60th birthday plans have changed for 2018 and decided to do an Alaskan cruise, another bucket list item, instead of a July trip to WDW but I'm still planning on a December 2018 trip albeit probably not for Christmas. I knew the prices would be higher that week but :scared1:! Of course, one never knows. That money tree out back may finally take root. :laughing:

Well, my 60th birthday plans have changed for 2018 and decided to do an Alaskan cruise, another bucket list item, instead of a July trip to WDW but I'm still planning on a December 2018 trip albeit probably not for Christmas. I knew the prices would be higher that week but :scared1:! Of course, one never knows. That money tree out back may finally take root. :laughing:

Here's to your money tree thriving! The Alaskan cruise is on my DH and I's bucket list too! Enjoy it! And a WDW trip too, a perfect way to celebrate your upcoming birthday.

I will be joining you lovely folks who are looking forward to a 2018 trip! I have booked a split stay and will be doing a week at Animal Kingdom Lodge and then a week at the Poly next September :) I have never stayed at anything but the value resorts so I am sure this will be a bit of a change!

I love the planning aspect as well, so my park days, MNSSHP dates (we are going to 3 of them because I love the party so much), and also a few "just in case" options are pretty much planned out lol. I hate to wish a year of my life away but I still cannot wait until next September!

I'm in for 2018! We are currently booked at POR May 5 - May 12, but that could change if there are any discounts offered. This trip is a gift to myself to celebrate my 40th birthday (though it will be a few months late because I have to plan around DD's winter competitive swim season, which lasts from October to late March). I can't wait to be back, we usually go every September/October and then in February/March, but haven't been since September 2016 because of the swimmer. This trip will be long overdue by the time we arrive!

So turning 40 doesn't seem so bad when you know Disney is coming! I love the Flower & Garden Festival & I can't wait to be there. Only 241 days to go....but who's counting?

We did it....booked Feb. 24th to March 5th at POP Century. We managed to get all 12 of us to agree and booked a package. It will be a family reunion for us, and just like everyone else, we are super excited. Booked all our ADR's....and got mostly what we wanted. Some in our party are doing a Universal day as well. I'm not crazy about Universal, although I loved the Harry Potter area, just beautiful. The rest of us will do a day off to relax, maybe play mini golf and swim in the pools, with a great dinner reservation at one of the resorts for that day. We originally were going to do July...and it is a gift for my grandson's HS graduation...but I went this July and it was so crazy hot, it kind of took away some of the magic. My grandson is bringing a friend and my daughter is footing the entire bill for the friend, including plane fare, as part of her gift to her son....it's going to be pricey....but it's worth it. My youngest grandson, 8, has never been...so super excited to watch him experience the magic for the first time! :rainbow:

We did it....booked Feb. 24th to March 5th at POP Century. We managed to get all 12 of us to agree and booked a package. It will be a family reunion for us, and just like everyone else, we are super excited. Booked all our ADR's....and got mostly what we wanted. Some in our party are doing a Universal day as well. I'm not crazy about Universal, although I loved the Harry Potter area, just beautiful. The rest of us will do a day off to relax, maybe play mini golf and swim in the pools, with a great dinner reservation at one of the resorts for that day. We originally were going to do July...and it is a gift for my grandson's HS graduation...but I went this July and it was so crazy hot, it kind of took away some of the magic. My grandson is bringing a friend and my daughter is footing the entire bill for the friend, including plane fare, as part of her gift to her son....it's going to be pricey....but it's worth it. My youngest grandson, 8, has never been...so super excited to watch him experience the magic for the first time!

:rainbow:

YIPPEE! WOW! I AM IMPRESSED! Getting a large family group to agree to a date this early is amazing! AND you already have all your ADR's too! DOUBLE IMPRESSED! It sounds like a wonderful family reunion to me! My own son was 8 the first time he went to WDW. It was a great time! Lots of fun will be had!

Do you plan to start a pre-trip report?

Who on this thread have pre-trip reports started?

I do not have one started yet, but I might go ahead and do so. Though my trip might be pushed back to 2019.

April 2-11 @ POR. We love French Quarter but now our little one is 4 and we can't stay there now we're officially a family of 5 (according to Disney). We thought about staying at Caribbean Beach but I was nervous how disheveled it would be with construction.

Booked April 14 - 22, 2018!!! Staying at WL, my favorite resort. It will have been 2 years since our last visit and I could not be more excited. Let the planning begin.... :rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts