**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Looks like there will be DAH through September!

Disney After Hours at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park

Select Nights through September 2019
Experience a truly magical occasion when Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park stays open for 3 extra hours, after the park closes to other Guests! Delight in classic experiences with little to no wait time. Plus, enjoy delicious treats.

Tickets are on sale now for events through June 2019. Additional event dates go on sale May 30, 2019.

NEW Event Dates – On Sale May 30
Tickets for the following event dates will go on sale Thursday, May 30, 2019:

• Tuesday, July 2, 2019
  • Monday, July 8, 2019
  • Monday, July 15, 2019
  • Monday, July 22, 2019
  • Monday, July 29, 2019
  • Monday, August 5, 2019
  • Monday, August 12, 2019
  • Monday, August 19, 2019
  • Monday, August 26, 2019
  • Tuesday, September 3, 2019
  • Monday, September 9, 2019
  • Monday, September 16, 2019
  • Monday, September 23, 2019

NEW Event Dates – On Sale May 30
Tickets for the following event dates will go on sale Thursday, May 30, 2019:

• Tuesday, July 2, 2019
  • Monday, July 8, 2019
  • Monday, July 15, 2019
  • Monday, July 22, 2019
  • Monday, July 29, 2019
  • Monday, August 5, 2019
  • Monday, August 12, 2019
  • Monday, August 19, 2019
  • Monday, August 26, 2019
  • Tuesday, September 3, 2019
  • Monday, September 9, 2019
  • Monday, September 16, 2019
  • Monday, September 23, 2019
Yay! Finally some DAH dates for my August trip!!

With the new August dates, do I book this for the 26th when I already have HS EMM booked that day (and will not cancel, kiddo is desperate to try SDD and I don't think we'll have much HS luck as the week progresses).

Signing up for the July 29th date. The only challenge is that I planned to visit AK on the next day and have reservations that I don't feel like changing. Probably will keep the late Tusker House breakfast for July 30th and not worry about making rope drop...

Signing up for the July 29th date. The only challenge is that I planned to visit AK on the next day and have reservations that I don't feel like changing. Probably will keep the late Tusker House breakfast for July 30th and not worry about making rope drop...
Yeah I highly suggest not doing rope drop after. We did that last year then had a brunch at Tusker house and we all felt terrible. We ended up leaving ak before 2 pm and had headaches

Ohhhh now can I convince DH to do both MK and AK after hours on our honeymoon?? Anyone done both in one trip? Is it worth it? The only rides we'd probably do would be EE and FoP, but I think it would just be a cool atmosphere to walk around.

Hoo, boy! There's one available during our trip. Tuesday, September 3. I totally want to do it. Planning to upgrade to APs, though when we get there 8/29. Do you think I'd still be able to get tickets then? I'd rather wait for the AP discount than buy full price and try to get a refund. Do these things sell out? It seems not.

Ohhhh now can I convince DH to do both MK and AK after hours on our honeymoon?? Anyone done both in one trip? Is it worth it? The only rides we'd probably do would be EE and FoP, but I think it would just be a cool atmosphere to walk around.

We haven't, but totally would if available! Looks like we'll be doing MNSSHP one night, then AK DAH the next. I too am not really that worried about rides, I want the atmosphere. I LOVE parks at night!!

It's a splurge, but we are celebrating our 25th anniversary and DH has learned to just go along with what I want to do at WDW! LOL. For the most part...

If you can't convince him to do both when ON YOUR HONEYMOON, are you sure you're marrying the right person?

JK! :teeth:

PS I haven't done both on one trip, but I think it would definitely be worth it....

So looking at our plans the only date we could do this we have a 6:50 dinner at BOG. Of course I checked to see if I could get a different time and nothing, no surprise there. I have to make my dining reservations 180 days in advance but they wait until May 22nd to release dates for July, August and September! I'm so bummed.
Would you forget about BOG and go to DAH or just keep your original plan (and cash ) or forget about BOG and head to DAH?

On another note we do have a Keys to the Kingdom tour planned for the next morning so maybe it is meant to be that we get a good night's sleep?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter