**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Ohhhh now can I convince DH to do both MK and AK after hours on our honeymoon?? Anyone done both in one trip? Is it worth it? The only rides we'd probably do would be EE and FoP, but I think it would just be a cool atmosphere to walk around.
We did all three in January and it was definitely worth it. We did the dah tickets instead of park tickets for those days. It made our days so relaxing. We did so many new resort activities we wouldn’t have done otherwise: rented searaycers, lots of swimming, putt putt, rented a surrey bike, did the yacht club 5k. Lots of fun activities

So looking at our plans the only date we could do this we have a 6:50 dinner at BOG. Of course I checked to see if I could get a different time and nothing, no surprise there. I have to make my dining reservations 180 days in advance but they wait until May 22nd to release dates for July, August and September! I'm so bummed.
Would you forget about BOG and go to DAH or just keep your original plan (and cash ) or forget about BOG and head to DAH?

On another note we do have a Keys to the Kingdom tour planned for the next morning so maybe it is meant to be that we get a good night's sleep?
If you have a tour the next morning I would just keep your original plan.

Here's a quick update and thoughts on last night - 21 May. We are 2A and DD16 who uses a wheelchair part time.

We arrived around 5.30 using our normal ticket with FP for both Kali River Rapids and Safari, then dinner ADR at Yak and Yeti. We got of Yak and Yeti around 9.10pm. Intention was to start with EE then go around the park arriving at Pandora around 11pm. EE was down when we started, so we walked over to Dinoland and walk on Dinosaur. TS was running but none of us were interested. The dance party was going as well, we just sang as we walked past :-). Primeval Whirl wasn't opened.

We checked the app and EE was open so we headed back that way, DD rode, walk on.

We headed up to Pandora. We stopped for a photo with Mickey and Minnie. No one else was there.

Walked into Pandora and had a look, truely beautiful at night. We went on FOP first then over to Navi River. Wait at FOP was perhaps 5 minutes until we entered the queue and in the briefing room.

We were tired so decided to head back stopping for ice cream on the way back to the bus.

A couple of notes - drink and ice cream stands were hard to find in Dino Land and around EE. There was only for purchase near EE. There were carts in the centre of the park. We did all three After Hours events. They all served the purpose of being able to ride most everything we wanted with out really waiting and without UV heat (important to me) and without many crowds - important to DD. We would only pay for Animal Kingdom again if we really loved Avatar, which was great, but I don't know if really worth the $. MK and HS we would do again without question.

I was kinda hoping they wouldn't add any dates while we are there in July. That way I wouldn't have to decide about going. But now there are 2 AK nights available during our trip. We currently have DAH tickets for MK and HS with fastpasses already scheduled. Now we're trying to decide if this one is "worth" it for our family. It's definitely not my favorite park. There are a few rides that I like though, and my kiddos loved FOP. Hmmm...what to do? Decisions decisions!!!

The 10pm ROL ... is that just for DAH guests? Or are non-ticket holders just waiting around for it to begin?

What is the issue about drinks and popcorn? I was reading about them being served in cups. Is there a reason they don't give out bottles or boxes? Does this happen often at Animal Kingdom? I can't remember reading if this was an issue at the other 2 parks.

What is the issue about drinks and popcorn? I was reading about them being served in cups. Is there a reason they don't give out bottles or boxes? Does this happen often at Animal Kingdom? I can't remember reading if this was an issue at the other 2 parks.
It’s only happened at the ak dah and only at the stand by EE. I’m not sure the reasoning behind it but I think it’s been consistently like that

I don’t normally join the chorus of “I wish they’d announce dates so I can plan”.... but this announcement today seriously cost me some money. Have a 12 person trip and recently had our FP day, so had to buy park tickets, etc. Given the ages involved, these DAHs here and DHS fit the overall plan better and allow for more flexible touring.

I would have absolutely adjusted our park tickets if I had had the DAH schedule.

I guess that is in part some of the method to the madness.

Now I’m going to have park tickets we may not totally use and DAH tickets.

Blah!

Modern day Disney problems.

No dates yet? I hope they add one the last week in June!

Event Dates & Times
Guests with Disney After Hours tickets can enter the park at 7:00 PM every event night. The event takes place from 9:00 PM to midnight on the following dates:

• Tuesday, June 4, 2019
  • Tuesday, June 11, 2019
  • Tuesday, June 18, 2019
NEW Event Dates – On Sale May 30
Tickets for the following event dates will go on sale Thursday, May 30, 2019:

• Tuesday, July 2, 2019
  • Monday, July 8, 2019
  • Monday, July 15, 2019
  • Monday, July 22, 2019
  • Monday, July 29, 2019
  • Monday, August 5, 2019
  • Monday, August 12, 2019
  • Monday, August 19, 2019
  • Monday, August 26, 2019
  • Tuesday, September 3, 2019
  • Monday, September 9, 2019
  • Monday, September 16, 2019
  • Monday, September 23, 2019

• Tuesday, July 2, 2019
  • Monday, July 8, 2019
  • Monday, July 15, 2019
  • Monday, July 22, 2019
  • Monday, July 29, 2019
  • Monday, August 5, 2019

No dates yet? I hope they add one the last week in June!
Doesn’t look like it unfortunately.

Event Dates & Times
Guests with Disney After Hours tickets can enter the park at 7:00 PM every event night. The event takes place from 9:00 PM to midnight on the following dates:

• Tuesday, June 4, 2019
  • Tuesday, June 11, 2019
  • Tuesday, June 18, 2019

• Tuesday, July 2, 2019
  • Monday, July 8, 2019
  • Monday, July 15, 2019
  • Monday, July 22, 2019
  • Monday, July 29, 2019
  • Monday, August 5, 2019
Thanks! Why did they skip the end of June?

Thrilled to see DAH at AK for September. BUT I was not betting on a Monday time for the week we are in Disney. I scheduled Wild Africa Trek for 11:45 on Monday, and will now have to schedule DAH for that Monday night. So my plan is to do some AK stuff in the morning, do Wild Africa Trek, back to the resort for some pool time, and then back to AK for dinner, 'stuff', and DAH. We have not been to AK since Pandora opened so would appreciate some thoughts on what to save for DAH and what to do during the morning before WATrek and when we return for some time before DAH (like the trails, etc). Also - we had planned to eat at Jiko but am wondering if we would enjoy Nomad Lounge more after eating a Jiko-like meal during WATrek. Thoughts on planning and food are really appreciated! (Note: I don't want to change the WATrek day because I think I got an unbelievable price due to a system glitch when DVC was booking it - even the rep was surprised :teeth:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter