**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I know this has probably been asked before, if so sorry.
During the summer is it possible to ride FOP during AH without long waits?

Yes it is. Don't go during the first hour. We got to FOP somewhere between 10:30 & 11:00 (Aug 2019, event 9-12am) We waited only for the one group of people ahead of us. We rode twice, we could have done it it again easily, but 2 is plenty for us.

Yes it is. Don't go during the first hour. We got to FOP somewhere between 10:30 & 11:00 (Aug 2019, event 9-12am) We waited only for the one group of people ahead of us. We rode twice, we could have done it it again easily, but 2 is plenty for us.
Oh good !

As the other poster said, go to Everest or one of the other rides first. Some of the other rides will even let you start riding 1/2 before the party starts if there is a 1/2 buffer between park close and AH start.
When we went last May(party time 9-12, park close 8:30) they let us go into the FP line at Everest starting at 8:30 and the line from regular park time was pretty much done. We then rode Everest 6 times back to back and got to choose our seat without waiting. Then we left and got popcorn, water and strolled over to Dinosaur, rode that once, then decided to go to Pandora where we pretty much stayed until 12. We rode FOP 7 times and Navi 3 times to break up the FOP rides. We had no wait for FOP other than the time it took to load us in and then watch all the pre-shows. And we did notice at 8:30 the CM’s turned away the day guests but wouldnt let the AH people in until 9, hence why its probably a good idea to try another ride at 8:30 to see if they let you ride early.

:offtopic:

Hi All! Attending the March 12th event (our second AK AF...Loved it!) and we have the 1 hour gap, park closing at 8 and event starting at 9. My guess is that they might extend park hours for that day? If they do, where will that be posted first? I know that websites like touring plan and kenny the pirate will post it but will I see it first on My Disney Experience? Also, how early will they announce it if they do? Trying to grab another FP if possible before the event and would like to know where to stalk! LOL!
TIA!!!!

While they can make updates any time, under “normal” patterns, they will likely update March park hours the afternoon of Friday 2/14, or possibly the prior Friday (2/7). The app and website get updated - some time afterwards sites like TP and others tend to pick up the info and push out updates. FPs for the new Hours aren’t usually available right away, they get loaded sometime over the next 24’ish hours.

Hope that helps!

While they can make updates any time, under “normal” patterns, they will likely update March park hours the afternoon of Friday 2/14, or possibly the prior Friday (2/7). The app and website get updated - some time afterwards sites like TP and others tend to pick up the info and push out updates. FPs for the new Hours aren’t usually available right away, they get loaded sometime over the next 24’ish hours.

Hope that helps!
Super helpful! Thank you!

As the other poster said, go to Everest or one of the other rides first. Some of the other rides will even let you start riding 1/2 before the party starts if there is a 1/2 buffer between park close and AH start.
When we went last May(party time 9-12, park close 8:30) they let us go into the FP line at Everest starting at 8:30 and the line from regular park time was pretty much done. We then rode Everest 6 times back to back and got to choose our seat without waiting. Then we left and got popcorn, water and strolled over to Dinosaur, rode that once, then decided to go to Pandora where we pretty much stayed until 12. We rode FOP 7 times and Navi 3 times to break up the FOP rides. We had no wait for FOP other than the time it took to load us in and then watch all the pre-shows. And we did notice at 8:30 the CM’s turned away the day guests but wouldnt let the AH people in until 9, hence why its probably a good idea to try another ride at 8:30 to see if they let you ride early.
Sounds like a fun time! We love Everest so that will be where we head then.

We are planning to get DAH tickets for March 26th. By that day we will no longer have any park ticket days left.
If we are allowed in at 7 pm (as per the post on page 1 of this thread) with the DAH tickets, will I be able to book whatever FP's are left for the day when I enter the park?

We are planning to get DAH tickets for March 26th. By that day we will no longer have any park ticket days left.
If we are allowed in at 7 pm (as per the post on page 1 of this thread) with the DAH tickets, will I be able to book whatever FP's are left for the day when I enter the park?
If your DAH tickets are linked to your MDE account you can book 3 fastpasses in advance for your After Hours night like you do a regular ticket. Of course they will all need to be booked from about 7 on, however sometimes they let you in a little early like 6:30 (no guarantee) but you could book your first one for say 6:30-7:30 etc. leaving you 1/2 to get to your first fastpass even if they don't let you in earlier

But, yes you can book any available fastpasses after entering the park if you haven't pre-booked any

Hi

We were there last night. After Hours at Animal Kingdom was a a great experience. We would do it again in a second. No crowds, nice weather and all the rides we could handle.

We lucked out with a very very smooth arrival: landed in Orlando around 6:20 and were on Triceratops by 7:20 and watched the 7:45 Rivers of Light. We have 2 little kids (7 and 9) so took it pretty slow. It was the kind of night that we could have ridden anything as many times as we wanted. We were only limited by how much we WANTED to doFlight of Passage (x3) and Navi (x3) were walk on from the very start of the actual event at 9. Mickey and Minnie were also walk up around 11 when we went. We never encountered any lines for the ice cream. We spent the 8 to 9 gap between park closing and event starting in dinoland. Dinosaur and Triceratops Spin were open during that gap, not primeval whirl. My husband did check FOP around 8, and the wait was 150 minutes, by 9:15, the time was posted 20 minutes, but that was actual the amount of time it took to walk to line, go through the show and ride.

also... I was shocked when given the opportunity to eat unlimited ice cream, my kid both stopped after 2. They would rather ride/walk around in the Pandora black light than eat.

This is actually a universal trip for us, but with Universal closing so early in January, AKAH fit perfectly in our trip.

I have the flyer, and will try to figure out how to post it.

Hope this helps!
thanks for posting!

I'm hoping a previous AK AH participant can help verify something. If we have AH tickets and AK closes at 8pm, and if we were to get in line for FOP at 8:10pm (with the line 2 hours long with regular park ticket only people), are we, as AH guests, allowed to use the Fast Pass until the standby lane dies down, or is it standby line only for everyone, regardless of ticket type? Second question: are there any nocturnal animals out and about that we should look for? TIA everyone!

I’ll be there on the 30th and will definitely report back for those of you going in the future! I fear I may not hear any recent reports for my own planning purposes though 😞
I'll be there as well on Jan 30th. Just don't do FOP for the first hour because the regular crows will still be in the queue. Last time I did it FOP was a walk on after 10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!