**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I'm now considering doing AK After Hours on our April trip, but on the only night its offered, we have a must do Epcot ADR at 6:50pm. If we finish and walk over to BC to catch the AK bus (or even take Uber from there), I'm guessing we'll get to AK closer to the 9pm After Hours start time. Will this put us behind the eight ball at all? Doesn't seem like lines build or waits get worse at a certain point. I realize we won't be maximizing the ticket by showing up after 7, but we have regular tickets for each day of our trip anyhow.

My second question is if buses to AK are still frequent that time of night if we decide to take one from BC, and also if buses at midnight when the party ends are pretty frequent too.

We did AK After Hours last night and it was wonderful! We arrived at about 5:00 and were able to do the following before midnight:

Everest: 5
Dinosaur: 1
River of Light: 1
FOP: 4
Navi: 2

We had FPP for Everest, Dinosaur, and FOP starting at 5:00, so knocked those three out before the 8:15 River of Light show. When that ended, they were letting people with wristbands on to Everest. Plenty of snacks and very low crowds. Longest wait was about 15 minutes for FOP one time, and the rest were basically walk-on. We left at about 11:45. It was very cold, but worth every penny!

We did AK After Hours last night and it was wonderful! We arrived at about 5:00 and were able to do the following before midnight:

Everest: 5
Dinosaur: 1
River of Light: 1
FOP: 4
Navi: 2

We had FPP for Everest, Dinosaur, and FOP starting at 5:00, so knocked those three out before the 8:15 River of Light show. When that ended, they were letting people with wristbands on to Everest. Plenty of snacks and very low crowds. Longest wait was about 15 minutes for FOP one time, and the rest were basically walk-on. We left at about 11:45. It was very cold, but worth every penny!

Did you get in at 5 pm with your AH ticket?

Really hoping the sellouts translate into summer dates being added and released!!!

Hey guys. Also was there on sellout night last night. We arrived at 4pm

Had fast passes for kilamajaro, lion King and River of lights.

At 830 went to dino
Dinosaur x 2
Triceretops spin x 1
Navi River x 2
FOP X 4

Also stopped for some. Popcorn drinks and mickey bars. And wondered round Pandora in the dark which was stunning.

The queues were virtually all walk on although the fop pre show and walking through the queue did use up significant amounts of time still. But it was a great night :) deff reccoemnd

Are the After Hours tickets refundable? Planning to go in late March, but holding off just in case something happens with this infection scare affecting travel.

Are the After Hours tickets refundable? Planning to go in late March, but holding off just in case something happens with this infection scare affecting travel.
Technically, no. In extreme circumstances they have been known to make an exception. It's best not to buy if you're not sure.

Hey guys. Also was there on sellout night last night. We arrived at 4pm

Had fast passes for kilamajaro, lion King and River of lights.

At 830 went to dino
Dinosaur x 2
Triceretops spin x 1
Navi River x 2
FOP X 4

Also stopped for some. Popcorn drinks and mickey bars. And wondered round Pandora in the dark which was stunning.

The queues were virtually all walk on although the fop pre show and walking through the queue did use up significant amounts of time still. But it was a great night :) deff reccoemnd
Did you have a daily park ticket to get in that early?

We where there also on sold out 2/27.

Flight landed at MCO at 5:30pm2.5hours late)Lyft to the park at 7pm.

Had fastpass for 8pm Rivers of light.

rode
Everest x2
Dinosaur x2
FoP x2
Na’vi River

4 sodas
2 popcorns
2 Mickey bars

park seemed empty... hate to see it on a day not sold out

What are the best rides to hit during the time when the park is still open? I'll have between 7-10 pm before our event starts (but MK closes at 9 pm that night). I have booked Splash and Jungle Cruise FPs. I figure, if I get wet on Splash, I'll have more time to dry off when it is still warmer outside. And I figure Jungle Cruise might be better earlier in the night. I've never done JC after dark. Is it still a great experience? Any difference later at night - i.e. the skipper is just bored/ready to go home and not as engaged? And I'd like to get back to the Hub to see HEA, but then I'd have to backtrack again to hit BTMR, Pirates, etc.

Because now I'm wondering (i.e. overthinking) if I should change my strategy and start in Tomorrowland? Get FPs to Space and Buzz. Then I can get back to the Hub more easily for HEA, then head into Adventureland/Frontierland as the masses head out the exit. Then we would work our way clockwise and maybe, if things go well, we'll still end up in Tomorrowland and the end of the night for another round on Space and Buzz. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

This is the Animal Kingdom thread. There's a different one for Magic Kingdom. https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-after-hours-magic-kingdom-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/

Well that's embarrassing. I follow both threads very closely so clearly posted to the wrong one! 😳

It's ok! I follow both as well - hoping one or both are going to be available for my July trip (too late for VAH unless they extend that - it did go later last year).

Does anyone have any thoughts on why the day of the week this event is offered is inconsistent?

I would like to make a guess for mid-August...but the best I can do is: not the same day MNSSHP is offered.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why the day of the week this event is offered is inconsistent?

I would like to make a guess for mid-August...but the best I can do is: not the same day MNSSHP is offered.
Are you asking about MK or AK? (See above, I posted in the wrong thread so I wanted to ask for clarification.) Not sure that MNSSHP will have an effect on which day AK will hold its DAH. But check out Post #2 https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...m-faq-discussion-thread.3715424/post-59931745 where the historical information is being kept. This can, at least, give you the current schedule, but don't know that anyone could tell you more definitively than that.

Are you asking about MK or AK? (See above, I posted in the wrong thread so I wanted to ask for clarification.) Not sure that MNSSHP will have an effect on which day AK will hold its DAH. But check out Post #2 https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...m-faq-discussion-thread.3715424/post-59931745 where the historical information is being kept. This can, at least, give you the current schedule, but don't know that anyone could tell you more definitively than that.

Asking about AK. My guess is that they won’t hold ticketed events at different parks on the same day

and looking at the historical data, there is no consistent day of the week that I could discern. But I am pretty sure, it was never held onthe same day MK was holding an after hours event. or party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!