**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Thank you for posting this. I just texted my nephew to see if he and his fiancée want to go. They went last year and loved it. I really want to go. I had been checking and didn’t see it.

Dates in table format. Also Page 1 updated.

Lovin’ the Thursday and Saturday options.

Park closing times for Nov+ all show 8pm at the moment so I’ve left as TBD. I suspect those will eventually be 8:30pm or 9pm closings.

This is a rather long series of dates for DAH announcement standards - that should be a good thing for most folks!

October 2019 - March 2020.jpg

Admittedly, I don't know much about these events but I am considering attending on 10/30. DH and I have some free time in Orlando. We had decided against buying a one day park ticket because of how busy it will be at that time. So for those who have attended DAH at AK in the past, did you find the cost was worth it to not have to battle crowds? Did you get to ride the headliner attractions more than once? I'm hesitant to pay $129 for 3 hours when I can pay $88 for 9 hours.

Hoping to book December 14th......Should know in a few days. When would the last safari run at that time of year? Trying to figure out that and when to do dinner at Tiffins…..Thanks!

There's now a DAH on the night I have RoL dessert party scheduled. Will it be extra crowded 7-9? It may not matter since I'll be at the party then. Just trying to process this.

There's now a DAH on the night I have RoL dessert party scheduled. Will it be extra crowded 7-9? It may not matter since I'll be at the party then. Just trying to process this.

Nahh, not really - or at least that you’d really be able to feel in a big park like AKL. Are there more people there on account of the DAH event? Sure. But for practical purposes it’s going to be hard to tell one way or the other.

And you have people like me who don’t arrive until closer to event time anyway, so lots of different agendas.

Enjoy your dessert party - I’ve been wanting to try that one.

I may do this as it seems there won't be any MK DAH dates in October and most of November which frankly I don't get.:sad2:

Hoping to book December 14th......Should know in a few days. When would the last safari run at that time of year? Trying to figure out that and when to do dinner at Tiffins…..Thanks!

While this may change, per the Kilimanjaro Safaris page on Disney’s website the hours are until 6:30pm that day at the moment: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/kilimanjaro-safaris/

I also just pulled the Times Guide from that date last year... it had 6:15pm closing. So, likely somewhere in that zone.

I just checked AK hours for the dates in October and I see park closing of 9 so unfortunately KS wouldn't even be an option. I have to think long and hard on this because there aren't a heck of a lot of attractions open for this event and I may be in the minority but FOP is of no interest.

Last edited:
DH and I are considering the 1/30 date! It is the only one that works with when we are going. I haven't really followed AH stuff since it wasn't originally something that intrigued us (the money that is, not the experience) however the chance to wander around a cooler, quieter AK has caught our attention...

How have the parties been crowd wise? I know when they first started in AK there were a TON of complaints about how the lines weren't that great but I have also seen a few reports recently of really enjoyable experiences.

Oh I'm soooooo tempted right now. The date I was hoping for wasn't added but there is an AH event happening while I'll be there.

Hi y’all. Jumping in on this thread. We are doing a Disney cruise then heading to wdw for 6 days after. We’re doing mnsshp as well. I have a 4,9,12 year old. So for us to also do After hours for AK will cost us $650 which is a hard pill to swallow. I know this is subjective, but is this extra expense worth it? Any input would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!