**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Went last night and fantastic experience.
Got their at 830pm and huge crowds leaving. Hit up dinosaur and walk on , got to ride three times in a row without getting off. Then went over to primeval whirl which I’m convinced is a death trap but ride that two times. Then got popcorn, water and ice cream. Then walked over to Everest and ride four times. All walk on. Then walked over to pandora, walk on flight of passage and did that five times but had to go thru pre show each time which slowed things. Then got more food and did Navi River once and left. Well worth the money. Highly recommend. Place was not busy at all.
Did they let you start riding at 8:30? Or did you have to wait until 9pm?

Curious if anyone thinks that since April/May dates were announced so much earlier (5 months as opposed to 2ish for other blocks) if they might announce June/July earlier. Trying to plan my birthday trip and don’t want to book something unchangeable (like Cirque tickets) only to have After Hours released.

Curious if anyone thinks that since April/May dates were announced so much earlier (5 months as opposed to 2ish for other blocks) if they might announce June/July earlier. Trying to plan my birthday trip and don’t want to book something unchangeable (like Cirque tickets) only to have After Hours released.

Lol, I’ve given up trying to figure out anything with the pattern of date releases for these things. So many so far in advance surprised me. Not sure what to expect now!

Going in mid May, 4 of us doing AK DAH one night, but also spending one morning at AK. Trying to think of things that 1. We should/can only do during the day, 2. Only do at night, 3. Doesn't matter, and 4. Should do at least once at night and once in the day.

1. KS, trails, Rafiki's/Animation Experience (I assume that is closed for DAH), all the shows, Primeval Whirl (closed during AH, right?) Kali River (which I don't do anyway)

2. Tree of Life, Rivers of Light

3. FOP, NRJ, Dinosaur, Tough to be a Bug, Outpost

4. EE, walk around Pandora, Triceratops Spin

Am I missing anything?

Going in mid May, 4 of us doing AK DAH one night, but also spending one morning at AK. Trying to think of things that 1. We should/can only do during the day, 2. Only do at night, 3. Doesn't matter, and 4. Should do at least once at night and once in the day.

1. KS, trails, Rafiki's/Animation Experience (I assume that is closed for DAH), all the shows, Primeval Whirl (closed during AH, right?) Kali River (which I don't do anyway)

2. Tree of Life, Rivers of Light

3. FOP, NRJ, Dinosaur, Tough to be a Bug, Outpost

4. EE, walk around Pandora, Triceratops Spin

Am I missing anything?
If there are any restaurants, lounges, or shops you want to hit, those'll need to go under 1. Other than that, it looks good to me, though I don't know if/when Primeval Whirl is open at this point. Since it's gone seasonal it may or may not be operating at all.

Hi

We were there last night. After Hours at Animal Kingdom was a a great experience. We would do it again in a second. No crowds, nice weather and all the rides we could handle.

We lucked out with a very very smooth arrival: landed in Orlando around 6:20 and were on Triceratops by 7:20 and watched the 7:45 Rivers of Light. We have 2 little kids (7 and 9) so took it pretty slow. It was the kind of night that we could have ridden anything as many times as we wanted. We were only limited by how much we WANTED to doFlight of Passage (x3) and Navi (x3) were walk on from the very start of the actual event at 9. Mickey and Minnie were also walk up around 11 when we went. We never encountered any lines for the ice cream. We spent the 8 to 9 gap between park closing and event starting in dinoland. Dinosaur and Triceratops Spin were open during that gap, not primeval whirl. My husband did check FOP around 8, and the wait was 150 minutes, by 9:15, the time was posted 20 minutes, but that was actual the amount of time it took to walk to line, go through the show and ride.

also... I was shocked when given the opportunity to eat unlimited ice cream, my kid both stopped after 2. They would rather ride/walk around in the Pandora black light than eat.

This is actually a universal trip for us, but with Universal closing so early in January, AKAH fit perfectly in our trip.

I have the flyer, and will try to figure out how to post it.

Hope this helps!

I am in the same situation. We are going the first week of June, and I really want to do DAK AH again. It was wonderful!! I went ahead and bought Cirque for a 5:30 show, HOPING if it was the same night, we could just head over afterwards!!

:offtopic:

Hi All! Attending the March 12th event (our second AK AF...Loved it!) and we have the 1 hour gap, park closing at 8 and event starting at 9. My guess is that they might extend park hours for that day? If they do, where will that be posted first? I know that websites like touring plan and kenny the pirate will post it but will I see it first on My Disney Experience? Also, how early will they announce it if they do? Trying to grab another FP if possible before the event and would like to know where to stalk! LOL!
TIA!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!