**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

As I mentioned previously, we were at the AH event on 3/16 and overall we had a great time. Yes, it was frustrating that SDD was down for the first hour and ten minutes but it did come back up so at least we got to ride it.

We rode TOT 4x, RNR 2x TSMM 1x SDD 2x and AS2 1x, and we also met Buzz. We got to the park around 8 and waited in line for TOT before the park closed (I could have booked fastpasses for this time frame but I've had issues with fastpasses before events so we chose not to). After our first run on Tower of Terror we made our way over to ride RNR twice (park was closed at this point). We loved being able to bypass the preshow! We grabbed a snack and then rode TOT once more before making our way over to Toy Story Land. I knew from the app that SDD was down but I was hopeful they would get it up soonish and wanted to be in the area. As we walked into TSL they made an announcement from the ride that it was "powered back on" or something along those lines. Everyone in the land thought it was open but it wasn't and the cast members still didn't have an idea when it would be up. They blocked the bridge to the ride which I'm sure was to prevent people from wasting party time waiting for SDD to come back up. So that was actually kind of nice even though one of the cast members was annoying in how condescending she was about the ride being down. We rode Toy Story Mania instead and SDD was back up by the time we came out. I think we waited about 15 minutes. We rode AS2 after with minimal wait and then went back on SDD waiting about 18 minutes (posted wait time was about 45 minutes). We decided to head back over to TOT to ride 2 more times and then head out for the night!

We also had no problem getting any snacks or drinks, which for me was a huge improvement from the Magic Kingdom After Hours I did on 7/21 last year. They were just putting the drinks and snacks out on top of the carts and you took what you wanted instead of telling them and waiting for them to grab the items. It made the whole process super efficient! We ended up getting six Diet Cokes, three waters, three ice creams and popcorn. Which almost makes back the cost of one of the tickets lol

I would definitely do the Hollywood Studios event again. The ability to walk around without tons of people and the low wait times was definitely worth it for us. It would have been nice to have a lower wait time for SDD but in the grand scheme of things it was much shorter than waiting during park hours and the weather was cool so we weren't too hot waiting.

How do we know if this Sat is sold out? 75% sold? 50% sold?

If the event is sold out, the date will be blocked out on the HS DAH page of Disney’s website. To my knowledge there is no way to know how many tickets are remaining. I would assume CMs don’t have that info either. Either she system will allow them to process your purchase or it won’t. With it being busy spring break season, I would count on it selling out and buy tickets ASAP if your were planning on going.

I guess I need to throw in the towel in hoping that the rest of April would suddenly show up as a DAH event.:worried:

I guess I need to throw in the towel in hoping that the rest of April would suddenly show up as a DAH event.:worried:

The app has changed the MK one to say through "May 2019" but no further dates are yet added, and the AK changed to say Through "June 2019" (Again no dates added yet though). But the Hollywood Studios one did not change and still says "through April 2019", so its looking like that one may be the only one not getting any further spring dates. Bummer, i was hoping for next April, and was using this year as somewhat of a clue.

The app has changed the MK one to say through "May 2019" but no further dates are yet added, and the AK changed to say Through "June 2019" (Again no dates added yet though). But the Hollywood Studios one did not change and still says "through April 2019", so its looking like that one may be the only one not getting any further spring dates. Bummer, i was hoping for next April, and was using this year as somewhat of a clue.

My thinking is that we just won't know for sure until they DO post new dates for MK and AK and at the same time do NOT post new dates for DHS. Until then, I'm just watching and waiting. Seeing movement on ANY front at this point has been encouraging, since it's been so long since they last added dates.

Ok I am awake after MUCH needed sleep. Walked 10 miles yesterday and boy am I out of shape.

This was fun and “worth” it, but one and done for us. Slinky wait never dropped below 15-20 minutes for us. We got 4 rides in and one more on Aliens when my kid declared she was done at 10:30. We probably shouldn’t have done MK beforehand. Oops.

We got 2.5 hrs in though, by heading to TSL at 8.

My husband rode ToT 3 times. He said there were 2 elevators running. No preshow required.

He also said Movie Magic ran at 10.

Drinks and snacks need to be available in TSL.

People were having a good time. CMs were fantastic. Only waited a few minutes for a POP bus.

We consider it a success, but we prefer the morning events. They even said they’d get up early next time. ;)

I’m glad we did it. I just feel last night had too many people jammed into one line.

Have you done HS EMM? Why do you prefer it?

Have you done HS EMM? Why do you prefer it?

I've done MK EMM and I did an early morning passholder event at TSL in September.

We like being in the parks when they're just opened and fresh :) Not to say we wouldn't do After Hours again. I'd actually prefer it for MK next time.

I've done MK EMM and I did an early morning passholder event at TSL in September.

We like being in the parks when they're just opened and fresh :) Not to say we wouldn't do After Hours again. I'd actually prefer it for MK next time.
We've done MK EMM & MK After hours. We were able to get in 10 ride between 7:30 & RD, that + breakfast was totally worth it, both events were worth it. I don't think that many rides would be possible for HS EMM.

We land at 2:00PM on a Saturday, which means we could make it to the event (if the pattern continues), we had planned on being at HS for EMH on Sunday until I read what a nightmare it still is. And now that split stay have different FP windows I don't think we'll be able to get a FP for SDD. So I'm looking at my options.

Can someone tell me the price including taxes for 3A1C, AP discount? My plan is to buy an AP before our trip. Trying to see the cost difference between this and AMM (that's $325.19).

THANK YOU!! So it's $78.81 more to do DAH (3 hour event) vs. EMM.

That sounds about right, but I'm going to take your word for it. For the increase in cost, you get more time and more attractions (assuming ST, TOT, and RnRC has appeal to your group) plus popcorn, ice cream, and beverages. I've been somewhat leaning toward doing EMM at TSL but DAH at MK (if it's offered) because while we love TOT and ST, I think most of the value will be in riding SDD over and over and it seems like that is more likely at EMM than DAH.

That sounds about right, but I'm going to take your word for it. For the increase in cost, you get more time and more attractions (assuming ST, TOT, and RnRC has appeal to your group) plus popcorn, ice cream, and beverages. I've been somewhat leaning toward doing EMM at TSL but DAH at MK (if it's offered) because while we love TOT and ST, I think most of the value will be in riding SDD over and over and it seems like that is more likely at EMM than DAH.

you need an additional regular park ticket for EMM correct? but not for DAH......

My girls LOVE ToT and RnRC. During our May trip the torrential downpours would clear out the parks, we were able to ride each 3 times without wait, could have gotten more ride in if we didn’t have to watch the pre-shows.

I made EMM reservations just in case DAH doesn’t workout.

Just looked and mine says what it always has for the MK and AK- thru April 11 April 3. Whereexactly do you see this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter