**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Really hoping for EMM or AH event to be announced for Hollywood Studios in September but I'm torn on which to do assuming both are announced and this is an actual choice! Has anyone done both and recommend one over the other?

Me three!! I have an 18-year-old daughter and mornings are not her friend. I would much prefer to do an AH event rather than try to drag her behind out of bed for a 7:00 a.m. event :).
Me as well, but I am not even getting there until August 21. I keep checking but the all of the After Dark Events stop April 13. I had been willing to shell out the funds to do AK after dark and TS After Dark just so we could see everything.
Should I wait and see or just go ahead and plan on doing an Early Morning Magic for Toystoryland and just spend a whole day in AK? My daughter is 16 and not really into Toy Story so it is not a big deal for us if we miss it.

I caved and booked an Emm, but still hoping against hope they open up May.

A bit of a change on the app today for AK. It no longer has the blurb about dates thru June and is showing completely sold out now. Not a good sign I suppose or maybe it’s a sign they’re going to release more. It’s like reading tea leaves. Lol

I have the EMM booked also. I just booked Frozen dessert party for the night that I hope to be DAH DHS. Hoping I have to cancel it ! ( and the emm too )

Me Toooo!!! Me tooo!! We just got back a couple of weeks ago and we actually canceled the EMM at HS. We already di that back in October. What we did for the first time was the HS DAH. It was worth every penny. What a nice stress free no crowds walk on rides nite.

Please Disney offer these for the week of JUly 6th and forward Please:worship:

Liz:rose:

Dang it, the one Friday we needed, June 7th, its unavailable.

Is it worth moving 5 days of planning to the following week?

Last edited:
That sucks. Why Friday now? We literally get in Fri at midnight and fly out Mon after lunch. Guess we’ll be keeping our EMM.

I’ll happily eat my words! I didn’t think there was a chance they were going to release for HS for May.
5/4 works perfect for us. I already had HS as our evening park but now we can take the afternoon as a long resort break. I had so wanted to see SDD at night, but we have the Fantasmic dessert pkg and it just wasn’t happening. The pass holder discount makes it even better!

Off to cancel that EMM I reserved!

5/1 and 5/4 either look like totally awesome and a chance for them to do something unique at DAH, or an opportunity for letdown. Either way, I dig it. Tagging @yulilin3 just to make sure she sees the news. :-)

After Hours Celebrations
Special occasions call for a little extra merriment. Join us for the festivities on May 1 and May 4, 2019.

30th Anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios
May 1, 2019

On this day, we celebrate three decades worth of movie magic and super heroic action. Meet some of your favorite Disney and Disney•Pixar pals throughout the park for special photo ops. Then, be sure to bring home a piece of history when you purchase 30th Anniversary souvenirs.

May the Fourth Be With You
May 4, 2019

Star Wars fans of all ages won’t want to miss this stellar night. Don your best cosplay and blast off to Star WarsLaunch Bay where you’ll encounter Chewbacca with Rey, Kylo Ren with Captain Phasma, and more! As you explore the park you may even meet some friendly ewoks—but beware—you could also find those loyal to the dark side. Themed merchandise and tasty treats will also be available

Please take a few moments to review our official costume guidelines.

New date table has been added to Page 1. Notable observation, event hours are listed as 9:00PM-12:00AM. Park closing for these dates is 9:00PM. This would mean the 30 minute "gap" between park closing and DAH event start will not be in effect for these dates. Even more notable is SWAGS is 9:30PM, 30 minutes into DAH event time.

There's a part of me that wonders if the DAH hours are wrong - we have seen this before in the past at MK. But, assuming they aren't wrong, these May-June dates won't have the 30-minute gap.

View attachment 391158
When the DAH hours were wrong, when did they fix them? The lack of buffer makes me nervous!

When the DAH hours were wrong, when did they fix them? The lack of buffer makes me nervous!

I don't recall exactly.... it was one of those situations where the Disney Parks Blog posted a set of dates/hours that said one thing and the website/info page/details said something different for a few dates. I believe it was corrected within a few days if I recall correctly, but it caused alot of confusion at first.

Looking at DAK just for comparison, it looks like 2 of the 6 new dates have the 30 minute buffer, 4 do not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter