**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

DAH was our only ticket that day, and also our last valid ticket overall, and we had no issues with FPS.

How many days of tickets did you have? Now that I've thought about for a little bit, I think this problem I mentioned, maybe only happens with the 10 day tickets? In which case, the original poster with a 3 day ticket wouldn't need to be concerned.

Hi All! I have a question about FP+ and DAH. I am planning on going to DAH in June. My family has park tix (DH and I have AP and 2 DS have PH). We will be using our park tix at AK earlier in the day of the DAH and are planning on getting 3 FP+ for that park. Can I also book 3 FP+ at MK using the DAH tix? My logic is that, if we weren't going to another park that day, we'd be able to book 3 FP+ at MK on the after hours tix. To not allow 3 FP+ on the DAH tix almost seems like we'd be penalized for using AP and PH tix earlier that day. Would it help to set up another MDE acct and link the DAH tix to that acct, keeping our park tix and DAH tix separate?

Hi All! I have a question about FP+ and DAH. I am planning on going to DAH in June. My family has park tix (DH and I have AP and 2 DS have PH). We will be using our park tix at AK earlier in the day of the DAH and are planning on getting 3 FP+ for that park. Can I also book 3 FP+ at MK using the DAH tix? My logic is that, if we weren't going to another park that day, we'd be able to book 3 FP+ at MK on the after hours tix. To not allow 3 FP+ on the DAH tix almost seems like we'd be penalized for using AP and PH tix earlier that day. Would it help to set up another MDE acct and link the DAH tix to that acct, keeping our park tix and DAH tix separate?

Each person is allowed to pre-book 3 FP at ONE park each day, regardless of how many park tickets they plan to use. We are in a similar situation, going to AK the day of our MK DAH and going to Epcot on the day of our DHS DAH, but we only have fastpasses booked for the first park we will attend. Those are the rules everyone has to live with. As to your last question, I have no idea. But I wouldn't want to jeopardize anything by trying to skirt the rules. I'm sure others have done what you suggested, I have no idea how that worked out for them. We will book a 4th fastpass at MK after we're done with our fastpasses at AK. Hope that helps. :)

Each person is allowed to pre-book 3 FP at ONE park each day, regardless of how many park tickets they plan to use. We are in a similar situation, going to AK the day of our MK DAH and going to Epcot on the day of our DHS DAH, but we only have fastpasses booked for the first park we will attend. Those are the rules everyone has to live with. As to your last question, I have no idea. But I wouldn't want to jeopardize anything by trying to skirt the rules. I'm sure others have done what you suggested, I have no idea how that worked out for them. We will book a 4th fastpass at MK after we're done with our fastpasses at AK. Hope that helps. :)
Thanks- it does help! I definitely do not want to skirt the rules and cause a potential problem because of something as minor as fastpasses. I saw this suggestion on another site and it did sound a bit fishy :fish: to me, so that's why I wanted to ask on this forum. I had not posted on here before but I regularly read these forums and have gained so much helpful information from here! Thanks so much!:teeth:

Oh geez. I thought Casey's was open. We were also worried about warm soda after hearing CMs sometimes leave them to "grab & go" on top of the carts!

All of the carts that we passed had the sodas on ice, but we probably didn't see all of them.

Unless recently changed, I’m ‘pretty certain’ Casey’s has been open for DAH.

I have it listed as open on page 1 so it must have been at some point. Caveat in case it’s now stale.

We weren't looking for food, so Casey's may have been opened and we just didn't notice it. Hopefully someone can confirm.

How many days of tickets did you have? Now that I've thought about for a little bit, I think this problem I mentioned, maybe only happens with the 10 day tickets? In which case, the original poster with a 3 day ticket wouldn't need to be concerned.

We only had two days, plus the DAH tickets.

We got 5-day tickets for Aug 4-9(Sunday-Friday) and also will be getting Villains for Thursday, Aug 8. Planning on not burning a regular ticket on the day of the Villains night, I should be able to book FP for everyday including the DAH event on the 60 day window, right?

We got 5-day tickets for Aug 4-9(Sunday-Friday) and also will be getting Villains for Thursday, Aug 8. Planning on not burning a regular ticket on the day of the Villains night, I should be able to book FP for everyday including the DAH event on the 60 day window, right?

In my opinion, the bullets below cut/paste from page 1 still apply. I haven’t seen many/any reports in awhile of this happening, but the # of people making FPs with a DAH ticket is a very small population size so isn’t really a representative sample one way or the other. For the last two years with MNSSHP and MVMCP (a much larger population size and far more guests with tickets try to make FPs for use before the party), we inevitably see reports of it happening. Exactly why it happens to some and not others is elusive (despite a few half-baked theories around).

Hope that helps!

FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours before the event starts, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.

I feel certain this question has been asked, but I couldn't find it in the stickies.

I'm buying through my husband's account which has no resort reservation, so no magic bands. Do they mail me a hard ticket? Do I use that ticket at the FP tap points?

I feel certain this question has been asked, but I couldn't find it in the stickies.

I'm buying through my husband's account which has no resort reservation, so no magic bands. Do they mail me a hard ticket? Do I use that ticket at the FP tap points?
When you buy it you should be able to click how you want to get the tickets: in the mail (hard ticket) or at will call.

When you buy it you should be able to click how you want to get the tickets: in the mail (hard ticket) or at will call.

I don't recall the option to have tickets mailed, but probably wouldn't have chosen that anyway. We just went to Guest Relations at Disney Springs to get out hard tickets and Magic Bands.

Does anyone have a crystal ball because I wonder if the crowds will be more like MNSSHP or regular After Hours or worse? I was planning on a MK after hours for our trip in June but am not sure now. I love the villians theme and my boys would love a low crowd MK. I know I wont be able to resist buying tickets for this!

Does anyone have a crystal ball because I wonder if the crowds will be more like MNSSHP or regular After Hours or worse? I was planning on a MK after hours for our trip in June but am not sure now. I love the villians theme and my boys would love a low crowd MK. I know I wont be able to resist buying tickets for this!

Never say never with Disney, but they still advertise it as little to no wait. Because it’s a busier season and villains, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more sold out nights, but even sold out, if they live up to their advertising, should still be significantly less crowded.

That said, if you start seeing reports of overcrowding, all bets are off.

I don't recall the option to have tickets mailed, but probably wouldn't have chosen that anyway. We just went to Guest Relations at Disney Springs to get out hard tickets and Magic Bands.
I think there have been conflicting reports about this. Some people have reported having the choice, while others didn't. It was nice to have them shipped to our house so it was one less thing to worry about when we got down there. I just kept it with our gift card.

Never say never with Disney, but they still advertise it as little to no wait. Because it’s a busier season and villains, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more sold out nights, but even sold out, if they live up to their advertising, should still be significantly less crowded.

That said, if you start seeing reports of overcrowding, all bets are off.
I think they actually changed the wording to just "little wait" now instead of having "little to no wait".

I think there have been conflicting reports about this. Some people have reported having the choice, while others didn't. It was nice to have them shipped to our house so it was one less thing to worry about when we got down there. I just kept it with our gift card.

I think the delivery options depend on how far away the event is. Print at home and will call always seem to be an option. If the event is in the next week or two, the free mail option will not appear, only expedited UPS or FedEx.

I think they actually changed the wording to just "little wait" now instead of having "little to no wait".

The exact wording in the general description is “little-to-no-wait for popular attractions and Character Greetings.”

That is not how they describe emm’s or the parties.

The exact wording in the general description is “little-to-no-wait for popular attractions and Character Greetings.”

That is not how they describe emm’s or the parties.
Is that what it says under the description of the Villains after hours though? That's where they had changed the wording.

Found it:
During a Disney Villains After Hours event, you can:

• Enjoy access to more than 20 popular Magic Kingdom attractions with low wait times

Last edited:
Is that what it says under the description of the Villains after hours though? That's where they had changed the wording.

Found it:

• Enjoy access to more than 20 popular Magic Kingdom attractions with low wait times
Even that description is not what they use for EMM’s and holiday parties.

Found it:

I can’t find anything on the website regarding the villains events. I know the parks blog describes the after hours as little wait, but I don’t put much significance in the slightly different wording there as they’re describing both regular after hours and the villains after hours. In their announcement of additional DAH’s, they used that terminology to describe them as well. Every website I’ve read ( including the announcement on the Dis) treats the villains events as part of after hours events. I think if Disney increases capacity for this one, they’ll do it for all of them. It will be interesting to see, when it’s actually bookable, what the website says....unless I’m just missing it?

Last edited:
Even that description is not what they use for EMM’s and holiday parties.

I can’t find anything on the website regarding the villains events. I know the parks blog describes the after hours as little wait, but I don’t put much significance in the slightly different wording there as they’re describing both regular after hours and the villains after hours. In their announcement of additional DAH’s, they used that terminology to describe them as well. Every website I’ve read ( including the announcement on the Dis) treats the villains events as part of after hours events. I think if Disney increases capacity for this one, they’ll do it for all of them. It will be interesting to see, when it’s actually bookable, what the website says....unless I’m just missing it?
There a description for it under the main Disney After Hours page:

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 1.35.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 1.35.25 AM.png

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/after-hours/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter