**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

FWIW, I do occasionally cut/paste the website text and save on the side 'just in case' we ever have to refer back to see any changes. ;)

I never quite know what to think about website copy. 50% of the time Disney is very particular/intentional with their word choices and 50% of the time it could be whatever random words that writer chose on that particular day. DAH and similar events tend to - at times - be riddled with website text problems... BTMR is always left off the MNSSHP ride list then randomly added later, they've had incorrect party parade viewing/dessert party info the past two years, they've now had wrong date/time info on at least two DAH releases....

So part of me wants to read into the subtle text changes, but part of me reads it as random marketing speak. Who knows I guess.

FWIW, I do occasionally cut/paste the website text and save on the side 'just in case' we ever have to refer back to see any changes. ;)

I never quite know what to think about website copy. 50% of the time Disney is very particular/intentional with their word choices and 50% of the time it could be whatever random words that writer chose on that particular day. DAH and similar events tend to - at times - be riddled with website text problems... BTMR is always left off the MNSSHP ride list then randomly added later, they've had incorrect party parade viewing/dessert party info the past two years, they've now had wrong date/time info on at least two DAH releases...

So part of me wants to read into the subtle text changes, but part of me reads it as random marketing speak. Who knows I guess.
This is what I am thinking/hoping. I also wondered if they made the slight change because some rides have had longer than hoped waits and they have had complaints.
Who knows, not a lot of faith, trust or pixie dust in the website writers.
Either way, I'll still attempt it July 1, not because it's villains, but for the DAH. But we'll check out the villains, and, yes, we'll all wear a villain on our shirts to get into the spirit. :teeth: Makes a night on our trip a little different and fun. :maleficen

Now if they'd add AK DAH for July 2nd..maybe with a Lion King theme, either way...

I have a prediction for the event: If the crowds don't get to at least double the previous DAH levels -- which would still be really low -- WDW will incorporate some level of M&G into it. Maybe with characters who aren't totally unheard of other times, like Cruella or the step sisters, or even Hook, but some sort of photo ops like they'll have with the dragon. Reading he description, they want much higher attendance than they've been getting during old school DAH. I know the M&Gs caused big problems at DHS, but maybe that was more the case of limited things to do or the characters included. I think they'll test out how it goes without the M&Gs, but if attendance doesn't skyrocket, they'll bring back a surefire way to get the folks there.

So if you want to meet villains but only have limited times to try this out, you might think about waiting a while. I'll bet there will be some sort of M&G by the end of the summer.

Last edited:
Thanks, that should’ve been easy for me to find! lol
Its a little more hidden than the other ones since you can't navigate to it from the the ticket page since they're not on sale yet. I've tried! lol The search is also hit or miss for me. Sometimes its great and sometimes I just have to google what I want with the words Disney World.

I only had it readily available because I am considering a June date and needed the details (or lack thereof) :goodvibes

We are doing a short girls trip to Orlando with friends in July and they are Universal people so we weren't planning on Disney. It works out though that my 10 year old and I will get to do a villains DAH event. I booked a hotel in the Disney Springs area for the night. Does anyone know if the buses to Disney Springs run after midnight?

Do I need to book the DAH Villain ticket the day they go on sale on the 29th? I'd prefer to wait but don't want it to sell out. However, if I do decide to buy the day they release, can DVC buy them early or do they go on sale to everyong on the 29th?

This is what I am thinking/hoping. I also wondered if they made the slight change because some rides have had longer than hoped waits and they have had complaints.
Who knows, not a lot of faith, trust or pixie dust in the website writers.
Either way, I'll still attempt it July 1, not because it's villains, but for the DAH. But we'll check out the villains, and, yes, we'll all wear a villain on our shirts to get into the spirit. :teeth: Makes a night on our trip a little different and fun. :maleficen

Now if they'd add AK DAH for July 2nd..maybe with a Lion King theme, either way...

This is when we plan to go as well even though I don’t care about the villains part. But I’d love it if they have a DAH at AK while we’re there too!

Do I need to book the DAH Villain ticket the day they go on sale on the 29th? I'd prefer to wait but don't want it to sell out. However, if I do decide to buy the day they release, can DVC buy them early or do they go on sale to everyong on the 29th?

I’d be shocked if it sold out that fast. I know it’ll be a busy week, but I imagine you’d have at least a few weeks if not more to buy your tickets. I think the other 2 parks sell out more often.

Grrrrrr......

Half way seems we need another thread for this one, it’s SO different.

I have the choice of DAH Villains or TL H20 Glow Nights on my Thursday night for a summer trip. I was 50/50 on which one we’d do before, I think my scales are moving towards TL. Shocked to be saying that.

However, to not be such a downer, I am very happy for the Villain crowd - if I were more into it I could see the appeal.

Grrrrrr......

I have the choice of DAH Villains or TL H20 Glow Nights on my Thursday night for a summer trip. I was 50/50 on which one we’d do before, I think my scales are moving towards TL. Shocked to be saying that.

However, to not be such a downer, I am very happy for the Villain crowd - if I were more into it I could see the appeal.

Honestly the more I have thought about this, the happier I am that we have EMM booked instead.

Definitely interested to see how this goes.

Am I correct that only 2 DAH at MK sold out in the past months?

I'm a fan of the villains, did the Club Villain back at DHS a few years ago. THAT was fantastic.

I just hope the AH aspect is still good because most of my crew hasn't done MK DAH yet, this will complete their trifecta.

ETA: Just incase, I'll keep our EMM at MK too. :) Take my money Mickey...take it all...

Definitely interested to see how this goes.

Am I correct that only 2 DAH at MK sold out in the past months?

I'm a fan of the villains, did the Club Villain back at DHS a few years ago. THAT was fantastic.

I just hope the AH aspect is still good because most of my crew hasn't done MK DAH yet, this will complete their trifecta.

ETA: Just incase, I'll keep our EMM at MK too. :) Take my money Mickey...take it all...

Yeah, only 2 of the 13 winter/spring DAH nights sold out. That compares to 5 out of 7 DAH winter/spring events last year. I personally chalk that up to far more competition from more MK DAH dates and abundant DHS and DAK DAH dates, which weren’t a factor in the past. There are also those who suggest the ticket cap has increased. I suspect it’s a bit of both.

Grrrrrr......

I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. Most likely we will go. We’re moving to Florida in June and if we’re already gonna be an hour away we might as well go. I’ll wait until reviews come out

I’m for a new thread if it gets too confusing :maleficen

Anyone planning on dressing in theme? Or at least Disneybounding for the Villains version?
We are all picking a villain, but doing a low key bounding.
DS7 picked Scar, so he will wear his "I'm surrounded by idiots" tee (which he is excited to wear around all of us ). DD17 is getting Queen of Hearts ears and wearing a red tank top. DS15 is wearing a "Gaston's Tavern" tee, and then the rest of us are still deciding. I have Evil Queen stuff, but I kinda want something new. :)
We are just excited when we get new stuff to do at Disney, a little extra to look forward to!
I did the first MNSSHP last year, :scared: I am certain this AH will be nothing close to that, so in my mind, it'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter