**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I'm hoping for a Friday night after hours party next March. Based on the dates and success of the parties, what are my chances one will come along? Also, are the parties a great way to see a park or is daytime touring still a person's best bet to see the good rides?

I'm hoping for a Friday night after hours party next March. Based on the dates and success of the parties, what are my chances one will come along? Also, are the parties a great way to see a park or is daytime touring still a person's best bet to see the good rides?
I would think its pretty unlikely to be on a Friday at any time

I was thinking, with Galaxy's Edge opening, that there might be some extra parties at DHS or maybe some extra parties at MK or AK to take some of the crowds from DHS.

I was thinking, with Galaxy's Edge opening, that there might be some extra parties at DHS or maybe some extra parties at MK or AK to take some of the crowds from DHS.
It’s really hard to tell this far out especially if you’re looking at next year. I have no idea what they’ll do once SWGE opens. I could see them maybe doing some type of upcharge event just for that land but idk.

MickeyMinnie@12 -We are doing a split stay at BW and BC 7/10-7/15 and anxiously awaiting dates as well! We’ve never been down during the summer months; this seems like a great option to get some quality time at MK and get everyone back to the pool.

Hi guys! I went to the event on 3/21 and wanted to give you a little trip report! We arrived at Magic Kingdom about 6:15 and we were let right in. There was no line so I'm assuming they let people in before that! We got our wrist bands and headed in! We started off by riding Carousel of Progress, then riding Space Mountain with a fast pass I had booked about 30 days out. Just FYI this was my first time entering a park for this trip and I did use 3 fast passes and they didn't mess up any of our other fast passes for the rest of our trip. After that we meandered around a bit and headed to Frontierland and rode Big Thunder Mountain with a fast pass, then got a dole whip float and watched the Tiki Room! We decided to head over to Main Street at about 8:40pm to try and find a spot for Happily Ever After. I was with my brother and this was his first time seeing it! We decided to just stay back a bit further and stand on Main Street because the hub and all surrounding areas were completely filled. We looked around in the Emporium for a few minutes and then got our spot on main street. We watched HEA, it was amazing of course, and then swam upstream against the crowd and beelined it straight over to Adventureland. By 10pm we were officially in line for Jungle Cruise and the AH event had officially started! Here is what we were able to get on during our time!
-Jungle Cruise(a little bit of a wait but there were still some regular guests in line)
-Pirates (no wait, had the boat to ourselves!)
-Splash Mountain (no wait)
-Big Thunder Mountain (a little bit of a wait, only running one side. maybe 10 minutes?)
-Snack cart outside BTM( longest wait of the night. This was our experience when we did it in January of 2017. I'm still not sure how it takes so long to hand out bottled drinks, pre packaged ice cream, and boxes of popcorn that were already filled? And nobody even has to pay lol. I wish they would streamline this process a little bit better. )
-Haunted Mansion (no wait)
-I let my brother pretty much choose what he wanted to go on since I'll be back in May, so we skipped 7DMT since it was posted at a 30 minute wait. Peter Pan was also posted at 45 minute wait when we walked through Fantasyland. He didn't care too much if we rode those...but now I'm curious if those were the actual wait times or not. I'm not sure about PP, but 7DMT I could actually see the line of people and it did look like it had to be at least 30 mins. So up next we did:
-Little Mermaid(don't know why they make you walk through the entire queue to get to this? I wish they would open the fast pass line!)
-Winnie the Pooh
-Teacups
-Buzz Lightyear
-Space Mountain
-wanted Peoplemover as our last ride but it was broken down with people getting evacuated off of it so we didn't get to! Opted for some popcorn and a drink off the cart by Space Mountain and people watched for a few mins soaking in the atmosphere of Tomorrowland!
That pretty much brings us to the end of the event. Got some cool pics of Main Street but it was by no means empty. When we went in January 2017 the event was much less crowded. We were able to ride BTM like 3 times in a row without getting off, same with 7DMT. I would still say it's definitely worth it though. The crowds were insane when we got there while the park was still open, so I'm so glad we did it. That was our only MK "day" and I feel like we got on everything we wanted to without rushing too fast!

Feeling like it won’t be available when we are there. It’s been on Thursdays and I highly doubt they will offer it on July 4th.

I will just make a FP plan that works on the off chance that it becomes available.

They don’t make planning easy, that’s for sure.

Feeling like it won’t be available when we are there. It’s been on Thursdays and I highly doubt they will offer it on July 4th.

I will just make a FP plan that works on the off chance that it becomes available.

They don’t make planning easy, that’s for sure.
Last summer it was offered on Saturday nights, mostly, including July 7. So who knows?

Anyone try to order them? I just did, and got order pending message. Saying due to technical difficulties they will email me when it’s finalized. this makes me nervous.

Anyone try to order them? I just did, and got order pending message. Saying due to technical difficulties they will email me when it’s finalized. this makes me nervous.

I received the same email. My husband said it’s because the dates are so new in the system so we shouldn’t worry...I hope...we’ve been waiting for May 23rd to pop up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter