**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I have been looking and haven’t found any reviews of the after hours for this past Thursday when it went back to the regular night from Villians. Was hoping the crowd numbers went down the way it used to be. Trying to decide if I want to get tickets for my trip in 2 weeks.
It was amazing last summer but not worth it to me for the way it has been sounding.

I have been looking and haven’t found any reviews of the after hours for this past Thursday when it went back to the regular night from Villians. Was hoping the crowd numbers went down the way it used to be. Trying to decide if I want to get tickets for my trip in 2 weeks.
It was amazing last summer but not worth it to me for the way it has been sounding.

I went this past Thursday. It was amazing. Bought same day tickets so don’t know if it sold out. Walked on to rides. Rode the ones we wanted to ride multiple times.

In between EEMH at DHS and MNSSHP, I’m thinking of jamming in After Hours. Had such a blast when we did it last year.

Have dates been selling out? If so, how soon? I’m eyeing Sept. 12 but don’t know if I want to go ahead and buy my ticket. It might be prudent to see how exhausted I am.

Sadly just got back from our trip, so I finally have time to sit down and write out our review. We went to the 8/22 after hours. We also did the 8/19 AK after hours.

Both parks seemed to have similar crowd levels - both were very low. I was worried the MK event would have higher crowds because of Villains just ending, but it was a nice surprise that they were exactly as I expected. There were a few times towards the end of the night walking from Frontierland to Adventureland that we were the only people in sight. For the most part though, there were other people around.

We arrived right around 7pm and rode whatever we could pick up FPs for. At 10pm we made a snack break in Fantasyland and grabbed a mickey bar and a water. CMs were checking wristbands and told the person in front of us they aren't allowed to sell things either. Got to BTMRR at 10:10, walk on. We had to walk through the regular line. They were running both sides. We rode twice and then headed to Splash, which was also a walk on.

At 10:45, we were off Splash and made another snack break before circling back to Fantasyland. We did Peter Pan, which was a 2-3 minute wait. This was the only ride they were sending us through the FP queue. At 11 we did 7 Dwarves. Posted 10 minute wait, took about 7 minutes.

Continued circling over to Tomorrowland and did Speedway. Posted 5 minutes, we waited 10. Only 4 cars were being loaded so it got backed up. Seemed to stay backed up most of the night. At 11:30 we were at Buzz. We rode twice, and they let us stay on after the first ride. Space was down for a bit (maybe 30min-1 hour) at the start of the event. At 11:45 it was posted 20 minute wait, actually waited 10. Only one side running.

Took another snack break walking back around the park. Did the lantern photopass at 12:10, only one family in front of us. The line was pretty long earlier in the event, so I'd definitely wait until closer to to the end if you want to do this. Then we went back to Frontierland and did BTMRR twice more. We were allowed to stay on.

Took another snack break before heading to Pirates, which was a walk on. Jungle cruise was our last ride at 12:50, also a walk on. We then headed back to the castle and took photos at the front of the park. They did have photopass photographers stationed all along main street. We were out of the park by 1:15, and on the bus shortly after. The resort boat and monorail were not running, but the TTC ferry was. Contemporary, GF, and Poly all shared a bus.

We ended up with 4 snack breaks, and our ride counts:

4x BTMRR
2x Buzz
1x Splash
1x Peter Pan
1x Speedway
1x 7 Dwarves
1x Space
1x Pirates
1x Jungle Cruise

Overall we had a great time. For us, we'd only do the event again if we only had a day to spend in MK. We had already done 2 full park days there, so we had already accomplished everything we wanted to earlier in our trip. If you don't have that long in MK, I'd definitely recommend the event.

Editing to add a photo from Fantasyland. This was around 11pm, and what crowds looked like around most of the park.
Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 8.09.39 PM.png

Last edited:
I went this past Thursday. It was amazing. Bought same day tickets so don’t know if it sold out. Walked on to rides. Rode the ones we wanted to ride multiple times.

I’m glad to read this. I have old 5-day passes that I don’t want to pay to upgrade. Assuming the after-hours events are still going on, I’d just pay for the AK and MK evening events to fill out our trip.

Sadly just got back from our trip, so I finally have time to sit down and write out our review. We went to the 8/22 after hours. We also did the 8/19 AK after hours.

We ended up with 4 snack breaks, and our ride counts:

4x BTMRR
2x Buzz
1x Splash
1x Peter Pan
1x Speedway
1x 7 Dwarves
1x Space
1x Pirates
1x Jungle Cruise

Thank you!! This is how it was for us last year and was hoping it would be again!!!

In between EEMH at DHS and MNSSHP, I’m thinking of jamming in After Hours. Had such a blast when we did it last year.

Have dates been selling out? If so, how soon? I’m eyeing Sept. 12 but don’t know if I want to go ahead and buy my ticket. It might be prudent to see how exhausted I am.

Thinking a lot more seriously about adding DAH to my September trip. If I used Uber, do you think I could leave from Fantasmic and travel from Hollywood Studios to MK in time to be there at the begging of After Hours?

I've tried to review posts, so sorry if I missed, but does anyone have a guess the most likely night MK would have DAH in Jan/Feb given AK having Thursdays?

I wanted to follow up since I attended the event last Thursday and I originally posted about being nervous about the system accidentally using a regular day’s ticket instead of the event ticket. My family went through the Special Event entrance and everything worked out perfectly! My regular tickets and fast passes were not affected at all. We were let in at about 6:50 that night.
Also, the crowds were super low! Our longest wait was 10 minutes for 7 dwarfs mine train and it may have been even less than that. We did notice that Space Mountain was down at the beginning of the event and when it came back, the posted wait was never less than 20 minutes, but we had already ridden it earlier in the day with a FastPass so I don’t know if that wait time was accurate. We even stopped to watch Happily Ever After and we were still able to ride everything we wanted and do the lantern photo pass shot! My husband said that this event was his favorite part of the trip and worth every penny!

I just bought my tix for the January MK :tongue: excited!!!! The event is from 8-11 in January what is a the time I can expect to be let into the park? Can I make a fast pass res with just an event ticket?

TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought my tix for the January MK :tongue: excited!!!! The event is from 8-11 in January what is a the time I can expect to be let into the park? Can I make a fast pass res with just an event ticket?

TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney officially says you'll be allowed in a 7 PM, but others say they get in a bit earlier for an 8 PM park close.

I've tried to review posts, so sorry if I missed, but does anyone have a guess the most likely night MK would have DAH in Jan/Feb given AK having Thursdays?

The schedule for AK:
  • Thursday, January 9, 2020
  • Thursday, January 16, 2020
  • Wednesday, January 22, 2020
  • Thursday, January 30, 2020
  • Thursday, February 6, 2020
  • Thursday, February 13, 2020
  • Wednesday, February 19, 2020
  • Thursday, February 27, 2020
  • Thursday, March 5, 2020
  • Thursday, March 12, 2020
  • Thursday, March 19, 2020
  • Thursday, March 26, 2020
For MK, I could only see January posted, and they are on Mondays with one Friday:

Well, I was wrong about tonight's DAH. I had been thinking with SWGE hoopla tonight would be ripe for a sell out, but doesn't seem that will be the case. And wait times look pretty good for 5pm. Love having 8am openings and 7am EMHs to spread people around.

Curious to hear reports from tonight. If you're going, have fun!

Well, I was wrong about tonight's DAH. I had been thinking with SWGE hoopla tonight would be ripe for a sell out, but doesn't seem that will be the case. And wait times look pretty good for 5pm. Love having 8am openings and 7am EMHs to spread people around.

Curious to hear reports from tonight. If you're going, have fun!

Maybe people are too tired from the early wake up and long milk waits! :D

I love those early openings too - wish I was there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter