**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We did DAH at AK last year, and we are hoping to try MK this year on our trip in May. When will May 2020 After Hours tickets likely go on sale? Are there any known events happening May 13-May 20 that would affect DAH offerings, such as cheer events?

Purchased our tickets with my AP discount for 9/26! I have been to one previous DAH and MK and was so thrilled with the event that I want to share this experience with my kid and grandchildren while we are there in September. Doing a happy happy dance here!

We'll be at the 9/26 party too! It's our first AH event and can't wait! MK is my favorite park!

We went on 8/29 and LOVED it! This was our first time attending so didn't know what to expect but it was like we had the place to ourselves. We rode Mine Train 3 times in a row with just walking on. Haunted Mansion it was just DH and I and one other person in the preshow. Just wish my feet were in better shape that night because that slowed us down. I was walking really slow. This is a must do for us on our next trip if it is available.

My husband and I will be there on 9/26.We love after hours!
Popcorn, rides, drinks, ice cream sandwiches, more rides, photos, Mickey bars, and did I mention the rides have little to no waits! Magic Kingdom done in just a few hours. It’s a no brainer for us!

Last edited:
Was everything open right up until 1am? We were at MK one night with a 12am closing time and they added an extra hour but it seemed to us that a lot of things were closed or suddenly were down at 12:30.

Was everything open right up until 1am? We were at MK one night with a 12am closing time and they added an extra hour but it seemed to us that a lot of things were closed or suddenly were down at 12:30.
I’m confused they added an hour to your after hours event or to regular park hours? I went to an after hours in April with a 1am close, the only thing I noticed being closed early was jungle cruise around 12:30.

I’m confused they added an hour to your after hours event or to regular park hours? I went to an after hours in April with a 1am close, the only thing I noticed being closed early was jungle cruise around 12:30.

Regular park hours.

So excited for our first AH at AK on 10/5! Our first FP has a 6:05-7:05 window. We are only going to the park for AH event. Think we’ll make that first FP if we hussle?

Regular park hours.

For DAH, all rides stay open right up to the end unless they go down due to problems with the ride. The night we were there, Jungle Cruise was struggling to stay open during the last hour but everything else that I noticed was fine.

So excited for our first AH at AK on 10/5! Our first FP has a 6:05-7:05 window. We are only going to the park for AH event. Think we’ll make that first FP if we hussle?
What ride is it? Take a look at the map ahead of time, so you will know which path to take to get there quicker. At our AK AH event, we were let in around 6:45, earlier than expected, but this is never a guarantee. We had FP for 7:15 for Kilimanjaro Safari. It is way in the back of the park. We leisurely made our way to the back of the park, even stopping to take photopass photos, and made it with plenty of time to spare. I would say arrive a little early around 6:45 in anticipation of possible early entry and you should be able to make your FP window without having to rush. The fun of AH events is that you don’t have to rush, you get to just enjoy the park without the crowds and without the waits. You will have so much fun! This was my DH and kids absolute favorite part of our trip!

What ride is it? Take a look at the map ahead of time, so you will know which path to take to get there quicker. At our AK AH event, we were let in around 6:45, earlier than expected, but this is never a guarantee. We had FP for 7:15 for Kilimanjaro Safari. It is way in the back of the park. We leisurely made our way to the back of the park, even stopping to take photopass photos, and made it with plenty of time to spare. I would say arrive a little early around 6:45 in anticipation of possible early entry and you should be able to make your FP window without having to rush. The fun of AH events is that you don’t have to rush, you get to just enjoy the park without the crowds and without the waits. You will have so much fun! This was my DH and kids absolute favorite part of our trip!
Ours is also Kilimanjaro Safari! We wanted to be sure to ride it before it stops for the night. We’ll plan to be there early. Thanks for the tip. I’m glad you guys had so much fun. We have 3 adults and 4 teens. We love the rides, especially FOP and thought this would be a great way to do AK this time.

I remember our rough plan for DAH a year and a half ago was to start in Frontierland and work around the park, ending in Fantasyland. Is this still a good strategy?

I know strategy isn’t as important, but I like to have a rough idea.

I remember our rough plan for DAH a year and a half ago was to start in Frontierland and work around the park, ending in Fantasyland. Is this still a good strategy?

I know strategy isn’t as important, but I like to have a rough idea.
I'm almost feeling silly for booking DAH as I keep looking at the app and wait times are crazy low across the board. But I'm weirdly excited about the "free" popcorn and ice cream! :yay:

Can you make a FP with only the AH ticket? We haven't done one before so just wondering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!