**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I will be there 2/14. First trip with just DH and no kids for our 20th anniversary. I planned the trip the day the new dates were announced, very excited!

I really wish Disney would post the dates further in advance. We went twice in August 2018 and I thought it was well worth the price. I need to start picking dates for my 2019 trip and I'd love to pick them around this event.

We'll be there December 3rd!

I went once during the first round of DAH and absolutely loved it. Back then popcorn wasn't included, and it's my favorite snack, so I'm excited it's included now!

My dad will be coming on this trip, about two months after a total knee replacement. He's not naturally a night person, but I think this is the best way for him to be able to do rides without standing in lines for a long time or crisscrossing the park to make fastpasses. Plus the lower crowd level should be helpful. We're doing MVMCP the night before and don't have any other plans until 1:00pm this day, so I've already prepped him for a change in his sleep schedule :tongue:

Well, it finally worked for us to go to DAH. I've only been waiting/hoping since it started! Never offered during our trips.
DH has a convention in January at Loews RP, so DS6 and I are joining him at the end of it, and, yep, DAH on January 17th! FINALLY! :banana:

Slightly bummed, DH has never seen HEA, so I had hoped to reserve Garden dessert party, but I don't want to waste DAH time since it starts at 8, when HEA is. Ah well, excited all the same!

SO, add us to January 17th!

Seeing several of the Disney bloggers that I follow saying that Disney has confirmed After Hours events coming to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, with tickets going on sale November 15th.

Wasn't sure if it was okay to post links to other websites, so I didn't.

Edited to add: Official Announcement from Disney Parks Blog: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...eys-hollywood-studios-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Last edited:
We really want to do Animal Kingdom in January but the only date that works is our arrival day. I wonder if we’ll have enough time to make it if we land at MCO at 5pm, shuttle to ASM, check in, then hop a bus to AK and get there by 8pm?

Also, can anyone confirm if Disney Gift Cards can be used to purchase the After Hours tickets?

Last edited:
We really want to do Animal Kingdom in January but the only date that works is our arrival day. I wonder if we’ll have enough time to make it if we land at MCO at 5pm, shuttle to ASM, check in, then hop a bus to AK and get there by 8pm?

Also, can anyone confirm if Disney Gift Cards can be used to purchase the After Hours tickets?

Yes on the GC. I just did this last week to buy our DAH tix for Jan.

Do these after hours events impact the regular day hours at the park? I guess what I'm asking is, do the parks close any earlier than normal for these events and are they noticeably more crowded during the day, leading up to the DAH event?

I am really anxious to see the full list of attractions and get more details about the DAH at AK and DHS. I hope they extend all three through our trip in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter