**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I am also anxiously waiting for June dates. We are going June 12-22nd and have wanted to attend this for years. Unfortunately we always have to go in June because I am a teacher and it has never been offered for our dates.

I’m sorry I haven’t read through all of the thread...please don’t hate me.
What are the chances they will have MK dates for late April or the first week of May?? We think they be getting ready to release more dates. So keep an eye out.

I’m sorry I haven’t read through all of the thread...please don’t hate me.
What are the chances they will have MK dates for late April or the first week of May??
That's the million dollar question! We are all hoping for an answer to come any day now. The website has been updated to say dates "through May 2019", but nothing officially on the calendar yet. Just watch this thread and you'll be sure to find out as soon at it becomes known.

I don’t see any updates on this end☹️

It's actually in the app, not the website. When you click on "select tickets" in the app, it takes you to a page where it says the May thing, but you can't advance the calendar past April yet.

Hi! My husband and I will be visiting July 3-13, staying at BWI. I am waiting impatiently, I mean patiently, for after hour party dates for July. It makes me so crazy that Disney does not just put out the dates. I feel like staying on property has its perks, but those perks are becoming less and less because of the number of added resorts on property and off property that are included in the 180+ ADR, EMH and 60 days advanced FP+ perks, and the fact that the EMH for the AK and HS are limited to morning only. I accept it the fact that if I want to experience some of the parks with fewer crowds and fewer wait times I need to pay extra...I except that I need to plan my vacation well in advance to have a chance at getting FP+ for the more sought after rides/experiences...But PLEASE Disney, give me the ability to do so. Release the dates or tell us there are not going to any. Just let us know. LOL

Has anyone ever done this?? Disney's After hours MK and Firework Dessert Party in the same night? Is this even a good idea? I have a few questions I hope someone has an opinion on. We are doing Disney's MK After hours on 4/3 (not regular park tickets) and I also purchased the Dessert Party Plaza Garden view for the same night. It has us checking in at 7:45pm fireworks are 9:15pm. Do you think we would be able to arrive a bit early like 7:15pm to grab a bite to eat (Dessert Party) then head back into the park to ride a ride or 2 and then come back to the dessert party 8:45 to view the fireworks? We want to maximize our time since we have the MK that day from 7pm-1am. (only day visiting MK)

I keep checking that every once in awhile too. So funny, it keeps going from $95 to $125 every other time I do it.... typical Disney... :goodvibes

When I'm in the app, it seems to remember me and that I have an AP certificate. When I'm on my laptop, I only see the reduced amounts if I've logged in recently.

IMG_1592.PNG
Even the website has changed ever so slightly. The Hollywood Studios description has been moved to the top of the events. And Magic Kingdom's description was previously listed available through April. But now is listed only through March, even though it can still actually be booked through April. I'm hoping these minor changes means they're about to release new dates!

Quick question about the popcorn - if I have a refillable bucket can I use that during DAH? Or do they just hand out the standard popcorn boxes?

There was some recent discussion on the thread about the overwhelming talk of dates vs the actual event - that tends to inevitably happen as we near the end of each date "chunk." As a reminder, DISer event review/experience posts are linked on Post #8 for quicker reference: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/#post-59898155

As always, a huge :thanks: to everyone who contributes to the thread!

Has anyone ever done this?? Disney's After hours MK and Firework Dessert Party in the same night? Is this even a good idea? I have a few questions I hope someone has an opinion on. We are doing Disney's MK After hours on 4/3 (not regular park tickets) and I also purchased the Dessert Party Plaza Garden view for the same night. It has us checking in at 7:45pm fireworks are 9:15pm. Do you think we would be able to arrive a bit early like 7:15pm to grab a bite to eat (Dessert Party) then head back into the park to ride a ride or 2 and then come back to the dessert party 8:45 to view the fireworks? We want to maximize our time since we have the MK that day from 7pm-1am. (only day visiting MK)

Yes, you can check in at the dessert party/eat, go do something in the park, then go back to the Plaza Garden viewing area if so inclined. There's nothing forcing you to either stay in the dessert area or Plaza Garden area the whole time. We've done this - checked in, went to ride PeopleMover (since relatively close by), then came back. I've also just checked-in later.

If you do this, you should be mentally prepared that by 8:45pm, the Plaza Garden is going to start to be pretty full and you'll be "filling in" whatever space is leftover at that moment in time. While everywhere in the garden generally has the same view, there are subtle differences between back/front/left/right/around a planter/etc. If you aren't necessarily concerned with any of that, there's not much downside to coming late. If you do care about where in the garden you are (for example, I like to be on the back railing), then waiting to arrive in the garden later has some downside.

Hope that helps.

Just booked DD8.5 and I for this on April 11th! Can’t wait! DH did this the first year it started - I’m sure it won’t be that empty anymore but looking forward to it instead of going to MK on crowded Friday! (Instead we will stroll Epcot on Friday)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter