**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I totally agree!!! I'm back at WL but took pictures of lines everywhere and the amount we paid (also family of 5 here ) this is unacceptable. They knew what to expect by the last event and should have had it together. I will talk to guest services after some sleep. Did they give you a refund?

Hi. I am sorry I didn't see this until now and so did not respond. They did give me a refund for my ticket and offered a full refund for all of my family's tickets; I only accepted the refund on my ticket as my husband and kids decided to stay for the event (my mood was so sour at that point that I felt like I'd be Debbie Downer and didn't want to impact their fun).

The guest relations CM I spoke with told me, flat out, that the event sold out and they made more tickets available. I've been an adult WDW fan for long enough to know to take what a CM says with a grain of salt, but it would make sense to me as the crowds did seem disproportionate to what a party would be. I know villains are popular and the Haunted Mansion stuff was a big deal, but this seemed really over sold, and Disney gave me a refund as soon as I asked for it. The guest relations people did not seem at all surprised that there was a long line of people there to complain. The CMs were all friendly and professional and truly could not have done more about a situation they had no control over.

It’s been so long since I purchased the DAH for 8/29 that I can’t remember whether they sent an actual ticket or it just showed up on my MDE, anyway if they sent tickets I can’t find what I did with them! So, my question is did they send tickets?

It’s been so long since I purchased the DAH for 8/29 that I can’t remember whether they sent an actual ticket or it just showed up on my MDE, anyway if they sent tickets I can’t find what I did with them! So, my question is did they send tickets?
If you selected mail as your option when you checked out then they sent them. If you selected email then you should have an email. If you selected will call then they want you to pick them up but you still should’ve gotten an email with a barcode (at least that’s what happened to us when we did will call)

If you selected mail as your option when you checked out then they sent them. If you selected email then you should have an email. If you selected will call then they want you to pick them up but you still should’ve gotten an email with a barcode (at least that’s what happened to us when we did will call)

Yep I went back and found email confirmation and there at the bottom was the pdf to print. I must have forgotten to select “mail” which is what I always do! And actually I don’t think it matters once the party is attached to my MDE anyway they can just scan magic band.

Yep I went back and found email confirmation and there at the bottom was the pdf to print. I must have forgotten to select “mail” which is what I always do! And actually I don’t think it matters once the party is attached to my MDE anyway they can just scan magic band.
Yeah they just scanned our bands when we went even though we selected will call

Interesting the advance ticket price increase $4 and the day-of price increased $10. The in advance/day-of delta used to be $4, now it's $10. Interesting.

I was really hoping to see Feb dates! Based on Jan schedule, I'm thinking I should assume a Monday (I'm there first week of Feb).

Just scooped up 12/9 - it'll be interesting to see how crowded (or not) it is. But looking forward to a late night!

Maybe noteworthy, I’m not sure if it changed with this new round of dates or in the last month or so, but Disney removed the “little-to-no wait” language for the DAH event pages. They now just say “little wait times.” Probably better language to use, frankly.

Yep they are definitely trying to cover their you know whats.

My family thinks it may be "too cold" to be in MK at 12am considering what happened during our MVMCP last year 😒 I will see if I can work on that.

The date shift back to Monday also has me working up a new plan for my spring trip because that is prime DAH time. It is just so hard when there are so many unknowns 180+ days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts