**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I've been stalking this thread. Closing out webpages and saw 2020. Checked. BAM! Changed dates, but I haven't been looking at past patterns. Guessing with SWGE no DAH # HS for the time being. I guess I can make AK on Thursday work.

What time is your ADR? I’d do both, have a nice dinner then walk over for some quality MK time.

But I love CG, so that’d be a perfect evening for me! :-)
ADR is at 6:45 PM. I thought about doing both but doesn't the after hours ticket allow for admission at 7:00 PM? I was thinking of not using up of the park days from my regular ticket on 12/9 and going to the MK at 7:00 PM.

Of course they have to plant one right in the middle of our trip in November. We had an absolute blast last time we did this, but it was also an undersold extremely low crowd night. It would be hard to ever top it.

And we have 3 full MK days planned as it is (with a Christmas party). And our plans for the other days are already set.

It’s still tempting though!!!

Now if they offered a HS After Hours, I’d trip over myself trying to book it!

ADR is at 6:45 PM. I thought about doing both but doesn't the after hours ticket allow for admission at 7:00 PM? I was thinking of not using up of the park days from my regular ticket on 12/9 and going to the MK at 7:00 PM.

Yep, you can get in at 7pm officially. In practice at the MK DAHs, it has often been more like 6pm.

Yeah, if you’re trying to max park time, sounds like CG may be on the chopping block for you.

I'm super tempted by that 11/18 date. We just bought tickets to the Christmas party on 11/19, so should I do two late nights at MK in a row? We're staying at WL so it's a short trip back...yes, I think I am convincing myself lol.

(Also, yay! Mickey's birthday!)

Update: Yes, I bought a ticket. Since the Christmas party is the next day we had scheduled a rest day anyway until the party so I can sleep in.

Last edited:
I've never done one of these- but I see one for MK on January 13, 2020. Hmmmmm. I'm now considering it, it's a Monday night the day after my friend arrives (I'm coming over on Saturday). She is NOT a morning person and my plan was to RD MK the next day (the 14th) or use a BOG PPO breakfast.

How quickly do I have to make up my mind?

I've never done one of these- but I see one for MK on January 13, 2020. Hmmmmm. I'm now considering it, it's a Monday night the day after my friend arrives (I'm coming over on Saturday). She is NOT a morning person and my plan was to RD MK the next day (the 14th) or use a BOG PPO breakfast.

How quickly do I have to make up my mind?

There are historic tables on Page 1 that show the sell out history. Generally speaking, these don’t sell out that often, and when they do it’s day of or a handful of days before.

It’s always hard to bank on the past, but that’s been the general trend.

So, there is the risk of a sell-out closer to the date, but these traditionally haven’t been events that sell-out crazy early.

I've been considering an AP (Florida resident). These are discounted for AP holders? Do I have to validate first, before purchase, or is having a voucher enough to buy one?

Thinking about buying a ticket for 12/9, however I have a reservation for California Grill for that evening. So now I need to decide whether to cancel CG and attend the after hours event. Any recommendations from those who have been to this event?? Guess I need to decide quickly??

You should definitely keep the CG reservation & skip the DAH. In fact, everybody should skip after hours on Dec 9th.

😉. :rotfl2:

I saw on the first page that meeting Mickey is an open attraction for DAH.

Will it be both Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits (going in September)? Or does it revert to just Mickey for DAH?

Well, shoot, we're going 1/25-2/1. I suppose it's not impossible they would add one later...

Almost our exact dates, 1/24-2/1. Saw this thread and about fell out of my chair with excitement -- So disappointed they didn't just post DAH dates for all of January! :-(

Any thoughts on if they will release any February DAH? We were really hoping for 1 on 2/27. We prefer to do AK during the day so we can see all of the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!