**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We will be doing our third AH event on 9/26 (previously done them in May and January). This is the first year where the fireworks and castle show are DURING our event. Not sure how much I love that idea as we usually walk through the hub on the way to Tomorrowland. Does anyone know if the cast members will be preventing day guests from entering the lands from the hub after 9 pm closing time?

Also, seems like a lot of the folks on the board are heading there on 9/26. Fingers crossed that we are the only ones! 🤣

We will be doing our third AH event on 9/26 (previously done them in May and January). This is the first year where the fireworks and castle show are DURING our event. Not sure how much I love that idea as we usually walk through the hub on the way to Tomorrowland. Does anyone know if the cast members will be preventing day guests from entering the lands from the hub after 9 pm closing time?

Also, seems like a lot of the folks on the board are heading there on 9/26. Fingers crossed that we are the only ones! 🤣
They were only checking bands at ride entry. But the day guests were all filing out. We waited about 10-15 minutes to let the hub clear. Headed into Tomorrowland, rode PM with no wait. Ate some popcorn and rode SM with no wait. Then hit the rest of the park with no wait. Day guests were not a problem at all! Enjoy!

Last edited:

DAH tends to act more like EMHs - the true checking is at the ride entrances. You may see some light clearing around, but it's not like MNSSHP or MVMCP where it's active clearing. It relies on natural attrition of people leaving, more or less - plus the giant sucking sound of HEA as it pulls people from the depths of the park to watch, then they head out.

Enjoy your trip!

DAH tends to act more like EMHs - the true checking is at the ride entrances. You may see some light clearing around, but it's not like MNSSHP or MVMCP where it's active clearing. It relies on natural attrition of people leaving, more or less - plus the giant sucking sound of HEA as it pulls people from the depths of the park to watch, then they head out.

Enjoy your trip!
I also think that day guests aren't even aware of an After Hours event. When there's a party, they definitely know because the park is closing very early and MNSSHP is heavily marketed.

Well am I ever glad I decided to read this thread! We arrive next Tuesday, will be at the MK 9/26 and for some reason, for months now, I have thought 9/26 was EMH, not a DAH. I swear that's what the calendar said months ago! lol At any rate, it's clearly not so off I went to book the DAH and change my dessert party to before instead of after! I love last minute changes. :crazy:

Well am I ever glad I decided to read this thread! We arrive next Tuesday, will be at the MK 9/26 and for some reason, for months now, I have thought 9/26 was EMH, not a DAH. I swear that's what the calendar said months ago! lol At any rate, it's clearly not so off I went to book the DAH and change my dessert party to before instead of after! I love last minute changes. :crazy:

You'll be in good company! A lot of DISers seem to be going on 9/26 and I know a few of us will be at the dessert party too. I'm so excited!

Just wanted to check a couple of things. We have DAH for November. What time can we get in with just those tickets?

Also, we will be coming in an Uber from Universal. Are we best getting dropped off at the Poly and walking in?

Just wanted to check a couple of things. We have DAH for November. What time can we get in with just those tickets?

Also, we will be coming in an Uber from Universal. Are we best getting dropped off at the Poly and walking in?

Officially you can get in at 7pm. In practice that has sometimes tended to be as early as 6pm or sometime between 6-7. Haven’t been a ton of recent reports as to exactly what has been happening.

Uber to Contemporary and walk from there. Can’t walk to MK from Poly (only boat of monorail).

Hope that helps!

Officially you can get in at 7pm. In practice that has sometimes tended to be as early as 6pm or sometime between 6-7. Haven’t been a ton of recent reports as to exactly what has been happening.

Uber to Contemporary and walk from there. Can’t walk to MK from Poly (only boat of monorail).

Hope that helps!

Thank you, that is helpful!

I will be there too!! Also hoping that it's not as crowded. Last time I went they still had Wishes (March 2017) and it was scheduled at 8p, with DAH from 9-midnight. And.... DAH was in it's early stages so not many people knew about it and it was NOT crowded at all! I'm hoping they can get the regular crowds out quickly, but I have a feeling alot of people will still be there till like 10:30-ish.

Another one attending the HEA dessert party and DAH on 9/26!

It got me thinking - it would be fascinating to know the percentage of guests at both of those events that are DISers and learned about those events from DIS. I honestly don’t think I would have any idea those events exist but for these boards, and I’m a pretty regular Disney-goer!

Another one attending the HEA dessert party and DAH on 9/26!

It got me thinking - it would be fascinating to know the percentage of guests at both of those events that are DISers and learned about those events from DIS. I honestly don’t think I would have any idea those events exist but for these boards, and I’m a pretty regular Disney-goer!
You got me thinking too...... So is there a list on this thread or another thread of what DIS members are going on what date? Maybe we can get our favorite DIS vloggers to show up this Thursday too! haha!!

Awesome that there are so many users going that date! Is anyone planning on getting there earlier than 7? Just curious to see what time they let people in.

The next date is in November, right? That's the one I'd be going to. Anyone else?

Awesome that there are so many users going that date! Is anyone planning on getting there earlier than 7? Just curious to see what time they let people in.

The next date is in November, right? That's the one I'd be going to. Anyone else?

We have AP's so we can go whenever we want, but normally if we have a DAH scheduled, we'll do a morning park, take a long resort break and head to the DAH park just before the event starts. But, with my little mess up, my plans were to be at the MK by 4 having FP's 4-7, with an after fireworks dessert party. Since I don't want to lose those fp's, that's when we'll be going. I did drop plans to rope drop the AK the next morning though. Getting back to the resort at 1am then up again early enough for a 7am opening is just a bit too much for me! lol

You'll be in good company! A lot of DISers seem to be going on 9/26 and I know a few of us will be at the dessert party too. I'm so excited!

I'm just really lucky that my original plans allowed me to go ahead and fix my mistake. From what I read, crowds are picking up so it will be nice to hopefully have a very light crowd for a few hours.

Yes- we plan to get there at 6. When we attended the event in March we were let in at 6:15; hopefully it will be the same this Thursday.

Are there many rides where they will let you just stay on instead of looping around the line?

I'm guessing Space Mountain takes quite awhile to get off, go up the ramp, and walk all the way around to go twice?

Are there many rides where they will let you just stay on instead of looping around the line?

I'm guessing Space Mountain takes quite awhile to get off, go up the ramp, and walk all the way around to go twice?

YMMV with Space. When we went in February, we were able to take a shortcut after exiting the ride vehicle (instead of following the exit sign to Tomorrowland, we turned the opposite way and ended up coming into the queue very close to the boarding area. The CMs when we exited actually gave us the tip to do that. I know some folks who went after us didn’t have the same luck - but crowds for DAH were growing at that point. Maybe know that crowds are a little lighter again, they’ll allow the back door route? It’s definitely worth asking (or trying......)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!