**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I am trying to get more info on the VAH in June. Do they normally just have one After hours event per week during the summer? I just dont want to be disappointing if they over-sell it and have lines. It seems it was oversold before? Does it have a good mix of kids at those hours, 10mp-1am? Will have my 10 year old daughter.

Last edited:
Reporting in from Monday’s experience:
Missed MK bus, but managed to catch one around 6:40, into MK a little after 7. First 3 rides used FP+

Space Mountain
7 Dwarves Mine Train
Saw fireworks and grabbed Starbucks
Buzz Ride
Peoplemover, got off at 9 exactly!
Grabbed ice cream and drinks in tomorrowland
Astro orbiter
Buzz
Teacups
Pooh
7 Dwarves Mine Train
Grabbed popcorn and drinks
Peter pan
(Husband rode small world while the rest of us stopped at tangled bathroom and then waited FOrEvER for him to be done)
Haunted mansion
Jungle cruise
More ice cream
Big thunder was finally back up (was down every time we looked earlier) so we managed to walk back quickly and get there at 11:53!
Walked out leisurely right to bus! Bus departed when full around 12:25.

edit: we also rode pirates at some point, but I forgot to add that! Checking my notes it was after jungle cruise before ice cream!

Last edited:
We’re not going to VAH tonight, but I’m feeling bad for those that do. 7DMT has been down since like 3ish and it’s still down as of this post.

We’re not going to VAH tonight, but I’m feeling bad for those that do. 7DMT has been down since like 3ish and it’s still down as of this post.
7DMT was down during the last AH event I attended. It was a bummer, but there are so many rides at MK that it wasn't a huge deal. I could see it being more of a disappointment if that was the only time you could ride it during a trip though.

Does anyone know if you can get the AP discount without your AP being active yet? (It’ll be active before the actual event).

Thanks. It kept telling me to link tickets (already linked). Probably just a moment of classic Disney IT issues.

I always have to sign in fresh to get it to display my AP pricing. If you've already tried that, you can try going incognito (or private browsing or whatever), try a different browser, or eventually you might just have to order over the phone. You shouldn't have any problem purchasing with an AP certificate/voucher.

I always have to sign in fresh to get it to display my AP pricing. If you've already tried that, you can try going incognito (or private browsing or whatever), try a different browser, or eventually you might just have to order over the phone. You shouldn't have any problem purchasing with an AP certificate/voucher.

You shouldn't, but some of us do. I have a linked voucher and can't see AP pricing or resort discounts. It has to do with how you linked your ticket to start with. I've always been able to see discount pricing before with a voucher, but not now. Lots of people have reported this issue as well. About all you can do is call to get the discount. For me, it's not a huge issue. My daughter has a voucher and can see the pricing so I just go through her account to buy. It's a real pain.

You shouldn't, but some of us do. I have a linked voucher and can't see AP pricing or resort discounts. It has to do with how you linked your ticket to start with. I've always been able to see discount pricing before with a voucher, but not now. Lots of people have reported this issue as well. About all you can do is call to get the discount. For me, it's not a huge issue. My daughter has a voucher and can see the pricing so I just go through her account to buy. It's a real pain.

I meant if you call - that Disney wouldn't have any problem giving you the discount. I just meant to indicate that vouchers are definitely qualified to access special AP pricing on tickets like these. Sorry some people are having trouble getting it to show up online though. That would really stink. :(

Thanks. It kept telling me to link tickets (already linked). Probably just a moment of classic Disney IT issues.

It may be that you have to call to get the AP discount. Not everyone is able to see the AP pricing these days. I no longer can, my daughter can. I called and depending on who I talk to I get told that's the way it should work ( it's not) or my ticket shows as linked and I shouldn't have a problem ( but I do and they don't know how to fix it).

Gah, I may have to call. I've tried everything to get it to work. Oh well.

At After Hours right now (2/17). It’s definitely more crowded than any other AH I have been to (January 2018, May 2019, Sept 2019). I’ve been in the Space Mountain line for 20 min already and we are still pretty far back. Seven Dwarves was 15 min and Peter Pan seems pretty backed up. Weather is perfect but not as many rides done as planned. 😩

At After Hours right now (2/17). It’s definitely more crowded than any other AH I have been to (January 2018, May 2019, Sept 2019). I’ve been in the Space Mountain line for 20 min already and we are still pretty far back. Seven Dwarves was 15 min and Peter Pan seems pretty backed up. Weather is perfect but not as many rides done as planned. 😩
Do you know if it was sold out?

I don’t know if it was sold out but it seems more crowded. Still in the Space Mountain line. There is a lot of stopping and waiting.

I walked out of Space Mountain at 12:12! I took a picture when I walked in and it was 11:22 pm. So a 50 minute wait. Ugh.

That's really disappointing to hear. I've been to a sold out event before and it was not waits like that at all which makes me think they increased ticket sales- something that's always in the back of my mind with events like these. I'm hoping it's a one off because of the holiday. I'm going to be one very unhappy camper if it's like that for ours in March. I'd be talking to guest services if I were you. A 50 minute wait does not qualify as a "little wait time" like they advertise. I would expect it for the VAH, not a standard one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter