Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

News from the never ending PTR........................................

6/12 will be FP+ day for our trip.

I have made more ADR’s for the trip, these are the updates.
8/16 Chefs de France at 7:30
8/17 Sci-Fi diner at 8:45
8/18 Trails End Brunch instead of Chef Mickey’s at 11:45.

I may change the ADR’s slightly when FP+ happens.
The late Sci-Fi ADR is because of EMH at DHS this evening. EMH is from 10:30 to 12:30.
The only possible curve ball would be if I did a 160 and decided to buy tickets for the MNSSHP on this night.

I love the party but it is the first party and not sure if we want to go to this one. Historically it is really crowded oh such troubles, right!

Here are my tentative FP plans, let’s see how close I get, when the day arrives!
8/11/18 5-6 HM, 6-7 PPF, 7-8 Splash then DAH 9-12
8/12/18 AK, 4-5 Dino, 5-6 Safari, 6-7 NRJ explore Pandora in the dark
8/13/18 HS 9-10 Slinky, 10-11 ToT, 11-12 ST
8/14/18 AK 10-11 FoP, 11-12 EE, 12:30-1:30 Dino
8/15/18 MK 10-11 7DMT 11-12 BTMRR, 12-1 Splash
8/16/18 HS 9-10 Alien, 10-11 ToT, 11-12 RnRc
8/17/18 Epcot 10-11 Soarin, 11-12 SE, 12-1 Character Spot
8/18/18 Epcot 1-2 FEA, 2-3 SE, 3-4 Nemo
8/19/18 AK Dino 10-11, FoP 11-12, Safari 12-1
8/20/18 MK 9-10 7DMT, 10-11 PPF, 11-12 Buzz then to the airport :sad:

So this is my tentative plan at this time, we will see how it works. The Epcot ones I may switch up some. We are planning to use EMH at HS in the am on 8/13 and the pm one on 8/17. We will go to EMH at Epcot in the PM on 8/14 and MK am EMH on 8/17 before heading to Epcot for FP. This is the day I may change FP to either MK or HS, I will think on this before FP day:scratchin

I am still looking at AP discounts for resorts! I am not opposed to the Pop however I just keep checking. CSR has a price of only 157 a night I am considering this. This would only be about 40 more a night so about 160 more all together. I am afraid of the construction and the many bus stops here. We stayed 1 night in 2011 so I really don’t have much to compare it too. I do remember we were in the farthest building and we had a golf cart ride from the main building.

Please chime in on your thoughts about CSR vs Pop...........Thank you if you have an opinion it will be appreciated!!
A41A1105-DB0D-455C-BD47-A90615A76A84.jpeg
Picture from last August!

Last edited:
I have made more ADR’s for the trip, these are the updates.
Love your choices! Chef de France was one of our favourites on our 2016 trip.

8/11/18 5-6 HM, 6-7 PPF, 7-8 Splash then DAH 9-12
What a perfect night this will be!!

Exactly how I would start the day at Epcot. And you have time for LWTL before your Soarin' FP!

Please chime in on your thoughts about CSR vs Pop...........Thank you if you have an opinion it will be appreciated!!
I think I'd stick with Pop simply because I would put that money towards a special meal/experience or shopping!

I am not opposed to the Pop
I stayed at POP for the first time this past January and I LOVED IT!! The crowds were crazy in the parks, but I never had an issue waiting for buses, and only one morning where the food court was outrageous! My previous experiences have been at Port Orleans or Deluxe and I would rate POP higher than POR with the newly furnished rooms for sure!!

Love your choices! Chef de France was one of our favourites on our 2016 trip.

What a perfect night this will be!!

Exactly how I would start the day at Epcot. And you have time for LWTL before your Soarin' FP!

I think I'd stick with Pop simply because I would put that money towards a special meal/experience or shopping!
Thanks for helping with my resort decision. I am sticking with Pop, $160.00 is still a nice chunk of change! I wasn’t to sure about CSR with all the bus stops and hugeness!
We tried Chefs 1x and really want to go again we loved it.
I got the TE brunch idea from your PTR!

I stayed at POP for the first time this past January and I LOVED IT!! The crowds were crazy in the parks, but I never had an issue waiting for buses, and only one morning where the food court was outrageous! My previous experiences have been at Port Orleans or Deluxe and I would rate POP higher than POR with the newly furnished rooms for sure!!
Thank you! I’m happy to hear you had a good stay at Pop. I do like the one bus stop and not sharing a bus with another resort. I’m glad yo liked the renovated rooms too! I am requesting the top floor 60 building. We prefer top floor at any resort. So unless the Poly has a drastic price reduction, we will stay put at the Pop:rotfl2:

I hope you're able to get all the FPs you want!

I have always enjoyed my stays at Pop. I've never stayed at CSR so can't really chime in about that, but I'm sure the construction would be a pain!

Oh, I think we'll also be at Epcot this day, at least for breakfast and dinner reservations. Maybe this would be a good day to squeeze in a quick hello! :)

CSR has a price of only 157 a night I am considering this. This would only be about 40 more a night so about 160 more all together. I am afraid of the construction and the many bus stops here.

I see you seem to be leaning toward Pop now, and I'm with ya there! I really like Pop! It's definitely my favourite value, and it's one of our favourite resorts anyway. I loved CSR, and we stayed there for the days around our actual wedding day. It was pretty, reasonably quiet, and the rooms were nice enough. We had no major issues at all with construction, but I don't if that's changed in the last year for people. But the bus stops would definitely be a deterrent for me! We had a car and only used the bus one day. It was fine, but it was a pain to go around all the bus stops. I wouldn't want to be doing that every day if I didn't have a car with me as an option.

Oh, I think we'll also be at Epcot this day, at least for breakfast and dinner reservations. Maybe this would be a good day to squeeze in a quick hello! :)

I see you seem to be leaning toward Pop now, and I'm with ya there! I really like Pop! It's definitely my favourite value, and it's one of our favourite resorts anyway. I loved CSR, and we stayed there for the days around our actual wedding day. It was pretty, reasonably quiet, and the rooms were nice enough. We had no major issues at all with construction, but I don't if that's changed in the last year for people. But the bus stops would definitely be a deterrent for me! We had a car and only used the bus one day. It was fine, but it was a pain to go around all the bus stops. I wouldn't want to be doing that every day if I didn't have a car with me as an option.
I hope it works out to say hi on that day, let’s keep in touch, it worked well in February and Andi should be with me this time, :wave2:

The rooms at CSR look really nice but the bus stops are swaying me to stay with the Pop. We stayed once at CBR and we had a nice room, the bus stops really got to me and I don’t have any desire to stay there again!

Hi Everyone,

A quick note to say I got all my FP+ this morning. I even got Slinky Dog and FoP 3x yay!!

Everything coordinated with my dining plans so I am happy. I will be back later to update and let you all know our FP selections!
Congrats Caroline!!!
Sounds like it's shaping up to be a fantastic trip!!

Amazing, congrats on getting all the FPs you wanted!!
:thanks:Very pleased with the outcome, stay tuned and I will share the days.

Amazing news!!
:thanks: I was worried about Toystory land and Pandora and it all worked out.

Congrats Caroline!!!
Sounds like it's shaping up to be a fantastic trip!!
:thanks: My strategy of doing the HS and AK first really helped!

Awesome, congrats! FP day always makes a trip feel so much more real for me.
:thanks: I agree, once the FP is made the trip does seem more real and definitely closer!:dogdance:

Yay!! FP+ day came and went with great results! I got everything I wanted and for the most part it all worked with our actual park days and ADRs.:jumping2:

Day 1 will start with a look around Pop Century. We arrive around 1:15pm so hoping to be at the resort around 3pm. I hope our room is ready. We will hang out and relax for a little while. I plan on us eating at the QS food court here. I will have Andi take a look at the menu and see what she thinks.
I think there are many options here and it will probably be the only time we eat here.
84EAE3A8-61AA-41B6-AD6A-EDEFABFD13B0.jpeg 8A8DEA49-6E7D-40E2-856F-A1F20AFC6C20.jpeg
Pictures from google images, thank you!

We will head to MK around 6pm. Our FP line up for this evening will start with:
Splash 5:55-6:55
HM 6:55-7:55
PPF 7:55-8:55
My strategy was to ride a few of the longer rides with FP so we can do more at DAH. I also thought if we end with PPF around 9pm we can catch HEA from FL, We have both watched the projections several times now so I think watching from FL by the carousel will be perfect. I was a little bummed that DAH does not start until 10pm, initially I thought it started at 9pm. No biggie really except I will be very tired by 1am. It is not often this lady stays up past 10pm so 1am yikes!!:rotfl2:

Our DAH plan is to start off with another ride on PPF then 7DMT, WtP, Buzz, Space (just Andi if she wants) then over to BTMRR, Pirates, Jungle Cruise then whatever as time allows. I will make sure to pick up several bottles of Diet Coke and waters to have in the room. I will also have some ice cream and maybe popcorn.
5ABA2DF7-4798-473F-8390-9B75C08EF1E2.jpeg
Picture from Disneyfoodblog, Thank you!
I am really excited to have a do over with this event! We will stay until the end despite my tired self:faint:

We plan to sleep in some the next day!

Day 2 plans coming up next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter