Disney buses to/from AKV

hellerjw

DIS Veteran
We are finishing up the last night of our 7 day stay at AKV (our first DVC trip) and I wanted to say how pleased I was with the bus service both to the parks and back each time.

I don't believe we ever waited more than 20 minutes at any time, regardless of the time of day. There were many times when the bus arrived minutes after we got to the stop. There were also several occasions when we were the only people on the bus. I really like that AKL/AKV has it own bus route, separate from the others. I think this dramatically cuts down on wait time and crowding.

We spent the first 2 nights of our trip at the All Star Sports (to save weekend points) and there were many times when we had to wait for a 2nd or 3rd bus to come by before we made it on board, many times having to stand.

This never happend with the AKL/AKV buses. We never had to stand and there was never a single time when the bus was completely full.

It made for a very nice trip and made me even more pleased with our decision to buy AKV. I hope whatever changes DVC has in plan for their bus routes they don't change the route setups.

Thanks for that report.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the new building is finished. I would assume the same busses will go from AKL (Jambo House) to AKV (Kidani Village). That will probably increase the wait time and crowds in the buses a bit.

Good to hear your report, we'll be checking into AKV on 8/22 for a 5 night stay. With 3 young kids, transportation can make or break the trip.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter