Disney busses to get wifi

The wifi will use less of your battery and will probably have a faster connection. This is great for using that power hungry disney app!
It might not be too much faster, if at all. I use AT&T and it's decent throughout WDW. AT&T and Disney are partners. This means AT&T has more cell sites, small cells, and distributed antenna systems throughout the property than other carriers. I'd guess the buses will have LTE modems installed that will use the LTE network to create a wifi hotspot for guests. So, it may be constrained by AT&T's backhaul. Hopefully that means AT&T is adding more backhaul which will benefit Disney Operations, guests with AT&T and those using the wifi on the buses. I used to routinely get 100mbps all over property but AT&T has definitely slowed down the past 2 years, so I hope they're preparing by adding more spectrum, access points (cell sites or small cells, etc) and backhaul. Disney could in theory create an enterprise LTE network, but I don't think they have the spectrum--using AT&T would be a better solution.

Great for foreign guests. But I never had any problems getting a good signal on the buses with my phone.
Right, this is nice for guests that don't want to roam on our LTE networks if they don't have to do so. Also nice for those with data-metered plans as others have commented.

This could actually be a life saver. I use data on the bus but we all know how "awesome" the cell signal is in WDW. Also, the MDE app on my phone won't let me make fastpass or check my plans unless I am on a wifi network. Data won't work with MDE for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter