Disney cancelling experiences including DDP

Re insurance if they bought before Covid19 became a pandemic then it should still provide cover, unless it is a really cheap policy that means they backtrack on cover,

Hope they get the tickets sorted.

I still think the biggest problem is if we are allowed to go at all or possibly then the 14 day quarantin.
she just checked. The company we use is covering covid 19 in the USA, but not for my age (65). But she and her husband would be covered if they get that insurance.

Dealbreakers are the FCO advises against non-essential travel so you’re not insured if you do get ill, when you come back you have to self-isolate for 2 weeks and Mr Trump won’t let us in anyway. Not too concerned about cases increasing that’s bound to happen, the only question is whether our not fit for purpose health service can cope which depends on whether governments of whichever colour can start sorting it out and not treating it like a political football.
The insurance not being valid is a HUGE issue. Last December I was with my mother at Yak & Yeti for lunch when she had what they used to call a 'funny turn', just came over a bit strange but was still conscious. Paramedics were called to check her over & she was then taken to hospital for tests, they kept her in one night for observation. Turned out she just had a uninary tract infection and was a little dehydrated. The hospital bill? $42,000. The insurers paid. Mum had no invasive treatment, she had two CT scans, one MRI scan an x-ray, an IV and antibiotics. They really went overboard with the scans, especially as Mum was feeling absolutely fine an hour later. So if you have no insurance you might have to sell your house for even very minor emergency care. The hospital was lovely though, more like a hotel. And I did get to see some Yak & Yeti back stage areas (pretty scruffy & incredibly busy in the kitchen) & behind the back of Yak & Yeti whilst waiting in the ambulance (on the other side of the fence where the Y&Y seating area is by the fountain.)

Re insurance if they bought before Covid19 became a pandemic then it should still provide cover, unless it is a really cheap policy that means they backtrack on cover,

Hope they get the tickets sorted.

I still think the biggest problem is if we are allowed to go at all or possibly then the 14 day quarantin.
If the FCO advises against travel to your holiday destination your travel insurance will not provide cover if you travel against their advice, the Covid-19 cover only kicks in if the FCO lift their travel advisory.

If the FCO advises against travel to your holiday destination your travel insurance will not provide cover if you travel against their advice, the Covid-19 cover only kicks in if the FCO lift their travel advisory.
For sure, good point though

I'm just curious if this will entitle us to any money back even if we go. I mean the dining offer is "free" so they might not refund that at all. Also our tickets includes parkhoppers, so what happens if we're can't park hop.

We're going for 3 weeks, so having to add food costs to our already very pricey holiday will add a lot of extra costs.
Now I've cancelled my flight I'm considering cutting my trip to 14 days instead of 16 if I can get a new flight to fit in with this. I got the reduced price QSDP, so I'm putting that money onto a gift card simply for food, but, I'm also going to either get instacart to deliver groceries or get a taxi down to Publix for stuff for sandwiches, breakfasts, water and little snacks for the park. I'll also get more of the more filling snacks, the fries at Flame Tree bbq, Cinnamon rolls at Gaston or Creature Comforts rather than proper meals unless I'm absolutely starving.
My concern about the park hopper is will we be able to hop easily. I hope that they will allow you to make as many reservations per day as available , one at a time of course a bit like the Maxpass for attractions in DL. Otherwise they should comp us as the park hopper is the only option for UK guests.
If I had booked a moderate to get free DDP I would consider changing to a value resort like Pop to save money, I think the current offer of 35% off room reservations for next year is a joke as the price rises will negate that compared to this year's prices and from what they are saying there will be no offer for free dining before October next year.
I think Disney are having a knee jerk reaction to all this and I think they will realise they need to do better for guests who booked before this all happened. Perhaps when they get the figures in a month or so of cancellations they will realise this.

I am still going. I have no kids so the character interactions and parades dont bother us. I do a dessert party to stay away from the masses for the fireworks so I actually will get back almost $200 for that. For dining plans while we make it worth it... i will probably spend less since i dont need an appetizer and dessert every meal. As for the reservations, I will try to get what i want at 60 days....if im that bent out of shape about it then... we can postpone. But i think as of now Im taking it as a lower kid populated Disney Lite vacation!
I'm taking pretty much the same view that there will be a lot less kids there, with the pools shut and no character meets many parents will nix the vacation as that is generally what the kids want. I'm a little disappointed about the fireworks and the fact they are shutting MK at 7pm before it gets dark, but, so long as there's the food, the attractions and resort hopping I'm happy. Not to mention shopping

Now I've cancelled my flight I'm considering cutting my trip to 14 days instead of 16 if I can get a new flight to fit in with this. I got the reduced price QSDP, so I'm putting that money onto a gift card simply for food, but, I'm also going to either get instacart to deliver groceries or get a taxi down to Publix for stuff for sandwiches, breakfasts, water and little snacks for the park. I'll also get more of the more filling snacks, the fries at Flame Tree bbq, Cinnamon rolls at Gaston or Creature Comforts rather than proper meals unless I'm absolutely starving.
My concern about the park hopper is will we be able to hop easily. I hope that they will allow you to make as many reservations per day as available , one at a time of course a bit like the Maxpass for attractions in DL. Otherwise they should comp us as the park hopper is the only option for UK guests.
If I had booked a moderate to get free DDP I would consider changing to a value resort like Pop to save money, I think the current offer of 35% off room reservations for next year is a joke as the price rises will negate that compared to this year's prices and from what they are saying there will be no offer for free dining before October next year.
I think Disney are having a knee jerk reaction to all this and I think they will realise they need to do better for guests who booked before this all happened. Perhaps when they get the figures in a month or so of cancellations they will realise this.
The trouble is it will be too late then for us. Oh well can always wait another 6 or 7 years until our kids do not have some exam results year to get in the way!

I don’t think the 35% reduction on room bookings is a big enough incentive to move the booking to next year, as others have said the prices are looking high for next year (October - plus the added unknown of how much flights will be). So we really want to stick with this years holidays if we can. We are also an adult couple without children so these new announcements don’t effect us too much. For me the main issues outstanding are the FCO advisory, the American border control and temperature checks. I won’t risk losing our money by getting turned away at the airport

I don’t think the 35% reduction on room bookings is a big enough incentive to move the booking to next year, as others have said the prices are looking high for next year (October - plus the added unknown of how much flights will be). So we really want to stick with this years holidays if we can. We are also an adult couple without children so these new announcements don’t effect us too much. For me the main issues outstanding are the FCO advisory, the American border control and temperature checks. I won’t risk losing our money by getting turned away at the airport

From what I've seen the US people post about the emails they've been receiving, it looks like they've changed it to the 35% off being for the current trip now.

I just really hope the UK get this discount too. Half of me worries why we haven't had this email yet. The other half wonders if it's just because we aren't allowed into America yet so there's no point until the borders are open to let UK guests know however annoying it is

The hospital bill? $42,000. The insurers paid. Mum had no invasive treatment, she had two CT scans, one MRI scan an x-ray, an IV and antibiotics.

A bit off topic but I've heard it said that US hospitals do all those scans because of the insurance in the first place. It's free money for them for a quick once over in the scanners that the insurer cannot dispute.

that’s like music to my ears! Where is this info coming from, is it just a rumour?
I heard it watching DisCussions, a Youtube live event held by group of cloggers, specifically Nathan Staker came up with the info. I know he does reasonable reasonable research. I do not know If it has come directly from Disney or if a rumour, let hope it is true and it’s good news.

I've been seeing posts saying that guests are getting incredible upgrades including Pop to AKL. I doubt if they'll do that for UK guests, but, it would be nice. US guests tend to go for a couple of days because they have no statutory holiday pay laws, so American guests have to take unpaid holiday leave and we tend to average out at 14 days, so I don't think they'll upgrade a 14 day trip from a value to a deluxe. I wouldn't mind an upgrade to FQ mind you.

I've been seeing posts saying that guests are getting incredible upgrades including Pop to AKL. I doubt if they'll do that for UK guests, but, it would be nice. US guests tend to go for a couple of days because they have no statutory holiday pay laws, so American guests have to take unpaid holiday leave and we tend to average out at 14 days, so I don't think they'll upgrade a 14 day trip from a value to a deluxe. I wouldn't mind an upgrade to FQ mind you.

can't see that happening sadly.. they can give me a free dining plan though ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!