Disney CLub Card Expiration date and ticket? BE CAREFUL!!!! We didnt check!

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
How dumb am I???!!! Answer....very very dumb. Here is the story. We have been members of the Disney Club for years and years and we were so sad to hear that it was ending as of this year. When we originally planned our trip we were going in June but then we found out we we expecting a baby in June so we had to postpone due to a new baby (YEAH) Well, we re-booked the airline tickets (And lost $800.00) and re-booked the hotel in WDW (Extra $ now that we are going at Christmas) and today DH called to get our Annual passes and guess what....the Disney Club card expired!! I know we should have checked but I never even thought of it. We tried once to re-new it but we were told that the new VISA was going to be the only "disney"card. We have had the VISA since day one and it even says so on the card. But that doesnt help with a discount. I just assumed (And there is where the problem was...never assume anything) that the card would just expire on Dec 31..the last day of the year. I never even checked the date. Hubby asked if we could pay the renewel fee for an additional year even though it wont be around for a year and was told no . He even asked if we had missed something and if we were offered to renew until the end of the year and was told no that was never an option. I am so sad!!!Well now our tickets are going to be $80.00 more each ticket thats an additional $380.00 for us!!! I know that this is all our own fault. PLEASE if you a re planning on buying tickets check your expiration date and don't let this happen to you. Oh well on a brighter note we are still going to Disney and we have a new DD so life is good and we are blessed.

Originally posted by D and Ls Mom
How dumb am I???!!! Answer....very very dumb. Here is the story. We have been members of the Disney Club for years and years and we were so sad to hear that it was ending as of this year. When we originally planned our trip we were going in June but then we found out we we expecting a baby in June so we had to postpone due to a new baby (YEAH) Well, we re-booked the airline tickets (And lost $800.00) and re-booked the hotel in WDW (Extra $ now that we are going at Christmas) and today DH called to get our Annual passes and guess what....the Disney Club card expired!! I know we should have checked but I never even thought of it. We tried once to re-new it but we were told that the new VISA was going to be the only "disney"card. We have had the VISA since day one and it even says so on the card. But that doesnt help with a discount. I just assumed (And there is where the problem was...never assume anything) that the card would just expire on Dec 31..the last day of the year. I never even checked the date. Hubby asked if we could pay the renewel fee for an additional year even though it wont be around for a year and was told no . He even asked if we had missed something and if we were offered to renew until the end of the year and was told no that was never an option. I am so sad!!!Well now our tickets are going to be $80.00 more each ticket thats an additional $380.00 for us!!! I know that this is all our own fault. PLEASE if you a re planning on buying tickets check your expiration date and don't let this happen to you. Oh well on a brighter note we are still going to Disney and we have a new DD so life is good and we are blessed.

at 80.00 more per ticket and it is going to cost 380. that equals 4.75 tickets. How many are you buying?

and, what a wonderful event to have a new DD.

Oh My!!! I can't even type !!!! 4 tickets...$320 not $380.....It's a good think I only teach first graders who only add up to 20:) Thank you for pointing out my "typo"

it could have been worse..I probably would have made it 830$ if it had been me!:o ( took me 4 tries to get this sentence right, no wonder I actually flunked typing in high school and still am not much better!!)

Look... I meant to type thing and I typed think...I think I need to go to bed.

I would call back and ask again.

I have heard of people paying a pro-rated rate to renew their card through the end of the year. They may not do that now since there's really only 19 days left of the year. Explain the whole problem again to whoever you talk with. Then if you don't get an ok, ask to speak to a supervisor and keep working it.

For $320 I'd be willing to make a pain outta myself to get this extended for your vacation. Heck, I'd probably end up being a real pain to them and they'd just upgrade it to get rid of me. ;)

Oh My!!! I can't even type !!!! 4 tickets...$320 not $380.....It's a good think I only teach first graders who only add up to 20:) Thank you for pointing out my "typo"

You might want to double-check those prices. AFIK, the Disney Club prices don't save more than $20 per ticket off of the current Advance Purchase prices, and that level of savings is for the Premium Annual Pass--the most expensive ticket they offer.

If you're looking to purchase an Annual Pass, then you're stuck with Disney's current pricing (no discounts). However, if you are wanting Hopper passes, most can be purchased from third-party vendors like Ticketmania or Florida Orlando Tickets for prices comparable to those offered by the Disney Club.

Exactly what sort of pass are you planning to buy?

I was going to get my AP's before the end of the year and they said there are no discounts on the regular AP at the disney store . We did call the disney club member during the summer and extend for the rest of the year for the prorated amount.

I love it here. Everyone has so much info. I am jsut going by what Hubby has expressed. I think he was refering to the AP's. We will be in the parks for 11days. We do not spend the whole day in the parks but DS is a special needs child so we sort of see how he is doing. If he is doing well we park hop if he is having an off day and then we do his favorites and he smiles. I left all the ticket info up to hubby and I am just going by what he said. Thanks for the info.

I had planned on buying PAP's late in December but when I enquired at the Disney Store they reminded me that it could take up to 6 weeks for the tickets to come in and if they showed up after the card expired, then no discount! I ordered in November!

It took only two weeks but $20.00 is $20.00!

Scratch
pirate:

nisiemouse: YES, there is a Disney Club discount on APs. I had the same problem with CMs at the Disney Store about a month ago. Took two of them to figure it out. Be persistent. Tell them that you spoke to the Disney Club and they confirmed the existence of the discount. It will save you about $15 per AP or $20 per Premium AP.

D and Ls Mom: For that length of stay, Annual Passes are definitely the way to go. Unfortuntately you probably won't be able to get any discounts. I read here that Disney Club stopped accepting renewals back in September. As stated above, the savings would have been much less than you thought, so maybe that will bring you some degree of comfort.

Here is a link to current ticket prices if you're curious:

http://allearsnet.com/pl/ticketchart.htm

On second thought, there is one other type of ticket that would definitely be worth looking into. Some people have been able to obtain a pass called "Fun In The Sun" which permits unlimited use of ALL Disney theme parks for a 30-day period. If memory serves, this pass is priced in the $320-350 range, and would save you hundreds for your traveling party over the cost of APs. If you will not be back to WDW in a year to take advantage of the APs, then you may want to look into this one. You can find more info here:

http://www.mousesavers.com/specwdwtix.html#funinsun

Scratch42: You also received bad advice from Disney Store CMs. You do not need to pre-order the passes. That system went away over a year ago. All Disney Stores have plastic-coated voucher forms which serve as proof that you purchased the AP. That voucher is presented when you arrive at WDW, and then converted into an active AP which begins the day you redeem the voucher. There is no longer a need for them to order the tickets. When I went to buy my passes, the CM pulled open a drawer and probably had 200 AP vouchers on hand.

It also happens that the Disney Club discount on APs is the ONE ticketing discount that you can actually receive right at the ticket windows at WDW. In other words, if you are travelling before the end of the year, you could have simply presented your DC card at Guest Services, paid for your APs there, and received the discount.

LOL, I was hoping it was a typo and also hoping that you did not have to pay more than you needed to.

Originally posted by nisiemouse
I was going to get my AP's before the end of the year and they said there are no discounts on the regular AP at the disney store . We did call the disney club member during the summer and extend for the rest of the year for the prorated amount.

Well, that is incorrect, the discount on a regular AP is 15.98 and it is available at the Disney Store. I would ask again. Or order them over the phone via the DC number.

Wow, I love this place!! Thank you all for the info. I printed it and handed it over to DS. I made all flight arrangements, PS and fun (Dolphin swim etc) arrangements...tickets...well, that is his headache!!! Thank you all for the info..I love all the pictures. If I ever figure out our digital camera I will post some. Thanks again

I know this isn't as good as the DC discount, but if you buy your passes at the Disney Store before 12/24 and use your Disney Visa, you'll get triple reward dollars. The offer is valid for any purchase of $50 or more.

That offer is only good for Residents of the U.S.A!

tjkraz - That's what I thought but the DS here in Canada do not stock them as a regular item, at least the one I dealt with did not have any when I enquired. At least now I have the vouchers and can hardly wait to activiate them next October!:hyper:

Goin' Trick or Treatin' with the Mouse!

Scratch
pirate:

I would call again. My DC card had expired when I tried to make my reservations for Christmas. I was able to renew at a prorated rate of $7.49. That was in September, but I would press the point with DC.

Originally posted by 4firsttimes
I would call again. My DC card had expired when I tried to make my reservations for Christmas. I was able to renew at a prorated rate of $7.49. That was in September, but I would press the point with DC.

Someone else posted that DC quit taking renewals at the end of September. Since they are wrapping up operations very soon, it's entirely possible that they are functionally unable to process renewals at this late date.

Just got back to this thread. Thanks. I will go back to the disney club and get those AP's before the end of the year. Thanks.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter