Disney Club discount?

bskts4bj

DIS Veteran
In looking for the best deal possible, is there anything special that I should be telling the travel agent as far are fare codes go?

Thanks for the help!
Brenda

There are no Disney Club discounts, but if you have a valid DC card you can get a $50 shipboard credit.

The only discounts available are early booking savings and some special Florida resident rates on certain sailings. DCL does not have a variety of fare codes like other cruise lines.

Good luck! :)

Also, if you have already applied for and been approved for the new Disney Visa, they have an offer currently for a $50 shipboard credit. Applications were accepted as of February 24 for the new Visa and this offer has been posted by those who have already received their new cards.

WebmasterMichelle

Do you have any info about the Disney Club $50 credit. I have been unable to find anything on that. When we asked about any special Disney Club discounts on the cruise, they said there wasn't anything.

CarolAnnK

I applied for the card as soon as I saw that applications opened. We contacted the cruise line because we wanted to use the card to make the final payment and get the $50 credit. We were told that the cruise line knew nothing about the credit. Then when we talked to the credit card people, they said that they weren't even going to run the first batch of cards until the end of March. Do you have any better information?

Thanks
Ken

Kpros, there are no DISCOUNTS but most sailings in 2003 are eligible for the Disney Club shipboard CREDIT, if you have a valid DC card. The DC is ending this year. I would call back again and check to be sure whether your sailing is eligible or not. :)

We just returned from the Magic 3-8, and we were told to show our Disney Club card to Guest Services for the credit, but they said that they couldn't do anything on the ship. And I also asked about the Disney credit card and they said that they wouldn't be issued by the time we left and there was no on board credit being given.

I just got off the phone with the Disney Club and then the Cruise Line. The Disney Club people confirmed that a $50 on board credit was available and told me to call a special number to talk to the cruise line people. That "special number" didn't work, so I called the regular cruise line number and talked to a nice person there that said "No problem". Gave them my reservation number and card number and that was that.

Anyone with a valid Disney Club card should give the Cruise Line a call and see about the on board credit.

The Disboard comes through again with great information! I wouldn't have know about the credit without this great information source.

Kpros, the people who started applying online and via phone on February 24th for the new Disney Visa, have started receiving the cards in the mail as of March 7th. However, it may take up to 30 days to receive the cards, so you may have to wait for yours to come. But, I can say that many have already received the cards and/or notification that they were approved.

Crissup received a call last week from Bank One (the Disney Visa issuing bank) notifying him that he was approved and how would he like the credit line split up between that new card and his existing Bank One card. They told him he will have his new Disney Visa within 7 to 10 days from that date last week.

The flyer describing the shipboard credit will arrive with your new Visa. Here is a link to a thread on the DVC Board where folks are discussing the cards they have received:

click here

Can the $50 Disney Club credit be combined with another on board credit I already have.

Gduvall, no, the credit is not combinable with any other credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter