Disney Club/Entertainment Discount/Downtown Disney Hotels

CarolynNC

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know which Downtown Disney hotels honor the entertainment discount? Are the Disney Club Entertainment discounts honored? I noticed there are none listed for Orlando in the little book that came with the membership.

Thanks,
Carolyn

I don't think ANY hotels in Orlando or Anaheim honor the DC cards ent. logo. The exception MAY be the HRH/PB at Universal, but I'm not sure about that. This is Disney's way of trying to keep us on site! Oh, and maybe the Swan/Dolphin!

I have the Entertainment book for RI/SE Massachusetts and I will give you some of the listings - although I am not sure which one are DD area:

Courtyard by Marriott - Lake Buena Vista (Feb, Mar, Jul Excluded)
GrosVenor Reosrt - Lake Buena Vista
Hawthorne Suites
Hotel Royal Plaza at WDW (President's, Easter, Christmas Excluded)
Radisson - Lake Buena Vista (Max stay 7 nights)
Swan/Dolphin (12/25 - 1/1 Excluded)
Wyndham - Lake Buena Vista (4/8 - 4/22 and 12/25 - 1/3 Excluded)

If you have one specific one in mind, let me know and I will look to see. If you need one of the phone numbers - again let me know.

Have fun.

I'm hoping to find a Downtown Disney hotel. I've stayed at the Grosvenor before and really liked the location. I guess the best way to see if they honor the Disney Club Entertainment discount is to call and ask. I thought I had read postings where people used the Disney Entertainment card in Orlando but I've read so many I may just be confused. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help.

Carolyn

The Disney Club offerings are the same as the regular Entertainment card offerings. You can check out which hotels are participating on the Entertainment site but you'll still have to call each hotel individually to see if they have any discounted rooms available (the rooms are limited).

I ended up calling the Grosvenor to see if they accept the Disney Card Entertainment discount. They said they would. The only problem was their discount is based on the rack rate. Now I don't know how you find out their rack rate. I went to their web site and found rates for my dates. There was nothing noting this as a special rate. Evidently their published rate is not their rack rate because the rate was only about $10 more on the web site than what was quoted by reservations.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep looking.

Carolyn

You should check out Bidding For Travel which is a Priceline "strategy guide".

People regularly get hotels (Wyndham, Hilton, Grosvenor, Royal Plaza, Courtyard, Best Western) in Downtown Disney for as little as $40-$50.

You do run the risk of getting placed just outside Downtown in some LBV hotels, read more about everything at the website.

I used it to get a $300 room at the Loews in Miami Beach for $100.

Thanks coreynyc. I've use priceline (and biddingfortravel) for stays and I'm still holding that as an option. I was hoping to find a great deal where I know the transportation is great. I'm afraid I'll end up at a location where I'll need to rent a car. If that is the end result, I'll get my car thru priceline also!

Since AP discounts aren't as good as in the past I'm holding open all my options hoping some great deals will appear thru DIS.

Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter