Disney Club..... worth it?

Humpbacks1962 -
DC for August, depending on what Resort you stay at, is 15% to 20% off!!

Maybe your AAA can beat that But not ALL AAA offices offer the same deals.

I like the fact that at any given DATE,any SEASON,All YEAR, I KNOW that there WILL be a Discount!!
Sure,I'll still check for elusive,codes[but as I live in Oregon the aren't that many],Ap rates,and AAA rates,BUT if there aren't any,GUESS WHAT my DC card WILL Grant Me a Discount ALL YEAR ROUND!!

Humpbacks1962 -For some the DC card is much better than elusive AAA rates,Codes or
Ap rates. You are always the first to give your Negitive posts about the DC card. I'm just trying to give a Positive Veiw from my experence of The Disney Club.

Actually, I am not always posting negatives on the freaking card. I am merely reporting my experience, without fanatical loyalty.

Sometimes you get good deals, but the truth is, you do not always get the best deals around with the DC card.

Bottomline is, if you are wondering about paying $30 - $40 for it, do not shop regularly at the DS and do mind where your money goes, check out all the sources, you may get better discounts elsewhere. In fact, the difference between DC and AAA for my booked dates is a little over $30.00, in favor of AAA's rates. Meaning, the DC discount is often so similar (or exactly the same) as AAA's that, if you already own that membership, why spend money for DC's, if you won't shop often at their store?

Hopefully, this ends your attacks on such a menial sharing of experiences.

Wanda

As you can all see, I am really new to this site and to the "joys" of forums. If this is what they all get like, I may not post again. Voicing opinions in fair ways really help others weigh the pros and cons of the topics, but when posts get personal and insinuating you get a little scared to voice an opinion. I mean, after all, the idea of posting is to help each other out, right?

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! People getting their knickers in a twist (thank you GAIL! :D) over whether or not they get their money's worth with the Disney Club. The original poster was asking for everyones thoughts on the DISNEY CLUB - not for people to start jumping all over each other!!!
PLEASE, everyone, THINK about what you are posting and ask yourself before you hit the submit key "Is this post negative towards a fellow DISser?" If you answer "Yes," please reword your post.

Thank you!

And catsandeda, you are correct, these boards are about helping each other - not taking jabs at one another. Please do not be fearful about posting.

:)

catsaneda - this is not typical of responses and replys on this board. Please don't let it scare you off. There is a lot of wonderful information here.

I wasn't attacking anyone.

I merely was giving My Good Experiences about getting Discounts With the DC. The Disney Club was not as good in 2001. But this year they made major changes that have not been posted about. Not even www.MouseSavers.com had changed to the New Benifits.

I was posting those New Changes.

It is a matter of respecting experiences, Tink. You do sound quite fanatical. It is OK to get better savings elsewhere and share with the board, you know? No need to attack anyone not standing behind the DC card 100% of the time.

I think these particular posts became a matter of "one-upmanship" ... kind of like "my dad's bigger than your dad, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah". There are always two sides to every coin. Relating experiences is great because it let's others know great deals from a personal perspective and then they can opt for what's right for them. Now can we just drop this one?

-- Cathy --

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter