Disney Comic Books Framing

Andrew Desmond

Earning My Ears
Hi,

First time posting so please let me know if I'm breaking any rules.

We have some early 1940s Disney paper comic books from the UK and I want to preserve them in some way then get them valued. They're half colour half black and white and in pretty good condition.

I was thinking either get the pages separated and framed to show the best colour pages or if that would destroy their value get the whole comic book put in a frame on whatever colour page looks best. If anyone knows of any other way to preserve them so we can still show them to people I'd really appreciate the suggestion.

A couple of interesting things about them is they say please reuse as toilet paper or kindling due to war rationing and the comics by Walt Disney would not pass todays censors.

Usually, keeping the comic book together will be better. The only exception is if there is an exceptionally rare piece of advertisement within it. However, that can't really be determined until you have the book valuated. If you do a search on the internet for 'comic book storage', there are many sites that have suggestions for proper storage and display.

Usually, keeping the comic book together will be better. The only exception is if there is an exceptionally rare piece of advertisement within it. However, that can't really be determined until you have the book valuated. If you do a search on the internet for 'comic book storage', there are many sites that have suggestions for proper storage and display.

Thanks yeah I'll have to get them valued first. Been having difficulty finding information on them online and can't find a comic book valuer in Dublin. I travel to Toronto and Florida often enough so there'll be someone there hopefully.

Found a company that sells backing boards and acid free plastic sleeves it seems to be the recommended way to store comic books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!