Disney Cruise Prices

BCMG

Earning My Ears
Hello All! I have been doing lots of research on the Disney cruise, and have found this a very helpful site! My family and I want to book a Disney cruise, but before I do so I want to make sure I get the best rate! What is the average price I should be paying for this trip? I have noticed that many of you are regulars, and would like to compare what I was quoted. Thank you!:bounce:

To really get comparisons, you need to provide the category number, the season you are sailing, the specific cruise.....A 3 night cruise for 2 in January can't really be compared to a 7 night cruise in July in a category 3 suite for 5.

Okay! 3 or 4 night cruise for 5, category 4, for early Feb 2004. Thanks!

What I did was go to the Disney site...price what I wanted there and then shopped around....I ended up booking through DreamsUnlimited from theses boards.....I used the Disney price as a guide and called everything from AAA to Cruise411.....Then I decided that between prices and rebates and extras...that DU was the TA I wanted to use...

THANK YOU! I will definently use these pointers! But does anyone have a $ amount that I can compare my quotes to?

If you go to the disney website, you can get a quote for the cost of your cruise & then call around to travel agents to see if you can get a better deal. Was it DU that had some sort of cruise credit? It may be hard to compare prices between people since some of it depends on when you book your cruise. Alot of people book early & get the early booking savings which can help a lot.

BCMG-- when you go to the Disney site the price will include transfers and trip insurance. The transfers are about $49.00 per person if you take that part off. I'm not exactly sure on the insurance. Just be make sure you are comparing apples to apples...........

You can click on the line for transfers and insurance toward the end of your quote on disneycruise.com. Each will give you a pop up help links for "Vacation Protection" and "Ground Transfers". You will find the itemized costs there.

Good luck!

Well, we are a family of 5 booked for a 7 night in March '04. We are paying right around $4000. That is 7 night western, 2 A, 3 K.

I just checked for you, a 4 night cruise February 8-12 2004, 2 adults and 3 children 3-9 in age, category 4 cabin, $3554.25 including trip insurance and ground transfers from Orlando Airport.

SOUNDS LIKE MY3KIDS GOT A GOOD DEAL! DID YOU GO THROUGH DISNEY? Thanks for checking for me Californiadreaming, but I won't need trip insurance or ground transfer, I'm going to drive.
:Pinkbounc

Are you sure you will pass on trip insurance? It is more than just covering say airline delays. What if you get into a wreck going to the port? What if right before the cruise someone becomes sick and can not travel? What if you have a serious problem at sea and need to be air lifted off the ship? From what I understood trip insurance covers all that. As far as transfers, if you are driving no you don't need them.

What we discovered, DCL rates are standard among TA's. It is the early booking that saves you the $. Book early and if you use a TA, say Dreams, they will pass along any future discounts that become available without you doing any leg work. Happy Cruisin' Kathy

Are you sure about the travel insurance??? it's really worth the money, IMO. What if you're delayed, what if you're sick, what if something happens that you can't go at all. Are you really sure you want to take the chance? or do you have another type of travel insurance.

Just something to think about.
Jeanny :-)

Just thought about it again.....actually it is about $3800 for 7 night western next March for a family of 5. We booked it through DCL, then transferred the reservation to cruise.com(but not via the internet-called an agent) who gave us a substantial discount off the Disney price.

We shopped around and ended up using a TA in Florida.
Her prices were lower than DCL because she is a FL
resident and gets a tax break. I agree with the poster
above, insurance is a must. So many things can go wrong
and that would be a huge amount of money to lose because
you want to save some money initially. J.

okay! I will definently get trip insurance. I have had much luck in finding some great rates since posting my question! Thank you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter