Disney +, D23 and Verizon Oh my!

dfb

Mouseketeer
Got the Disney+ D23 3 yr deal. Found out about the Verizon 12 months deal. Anyone know about this? Will D23 postpone beginning of 3 yr sub til the 12 mo deal is over, if so how does this occur? Any differences, number of profiles, devices, access to, etc?

Finally got thru to the Disney Plus help line. "They Said" The 3 year subscription will indicate no further payment needed until Nov 2022. When I get the Verizon promo enter it with the same email as the D23 promo and it will reflect no further payment required until Nov 2023. So basically it adds a year to my paid subscription.

Verizon - VZW.com/Disneyplus give you and option to sign up for Disney Plus. If you have unlimited data plan, Verizon Home or 5G then you get 12 months free D+. If you keep that on your Verizon plan beyond 12 months then they would charge you $6.99 / mo. When the 12 months starts / ends or when the charge happens pertaining to Verizon I'm not sure and neither was the D+ guy. So that will either magically happen or will be a magical pain in the keister!!??

So did you try? Were they right? Did that give you till 2023?
Yes and no. It did add Verizon as my subscription source but the next billing cycle is still 2022. I've been trying by phone to find resolve with D+ helpline but not gotten thru yet. I'd say they may be a little busy these days! (Ya think!) Looks like it did add Verizon and D23 but has not paused D23 yet!

Yes and no. It did add Verizon as my subscription source but the next billing cycle is still 2022. I've been trying by phone to find resolve with D+ helpline but not gotten thru yet. I'd say they may be a little busy these days! (Ya think!) Looks like it did add Verizon and D23 but has not paused D23 yet!
Same here. No idea if I'll ever bother to call or just let it be and see if it sorts itself out. I hate calling places and trying to explain stuff like this. You end up having to tell 5, 6 different people as they pass you around and half will either not speak English or not understand, or both. I get frustrated.

But, please, if you find out anything I'd love to know. Maybe I'll try online chat.

Same here. No idea if I'll ever bother to call or just let it be and see if it sorts itself out. I hate calling places and trying to explain stuff like this. You end up having to tell 5, 6 different people as they pass you around and half will either not speak English or not understand, or both. I get frustrated.

But, please, if you find out anything I'd love to know. Maybe I'll try online chat.
Will do! I've called in and let the hold music play while I do things around the house. After a few times for an hour + each, I don't think I'll put much more effort into trying to get thru right off. I think I will get it resolved before too long just to get it out of the way. But access is good. I'm happy with the product and my family is enjoying it as well - so no big hurry!

I got an email from Disney+ today that acknowledged my additional year. It specified that they'd pause my subscription for a year.

I got an email from Disney+ today that acknowledged my additional year. It specified that they'd pause my subscription for a year.
I just saw my email as well. Same thing it acknowledges the Verizon and D23 subscription and indicates the d23 will be paused but when I go to account details the next billing date still shows Nov 2022. It should be 2023. Just tried to call D+ to inquire - hold time was estimated 60 Minutes "plus". Gonna give a while longer before I hold for that amount of time.

Does your billing date show 2022 or 2023?

I just saw my email as well. Same thing it acknowledges the Verizon and D23 subscription and indicates the d23 will be paused but when I go to account details the next billing date still shows Nov 2022. It should be 2023. Just tried to call D+ to inquire - hold time was estimated 60 Minutes "plus". Gonna give a while longer before I hold for that amount of time.

Does your billing date show 2022 or 2023?
Mine shows no billing date at all. It did before but now indicates it's Verizon free year with no billing date shown.

Mine shows no billing date at all. It did before but now indicates it's Verizon free year with no billing date shown.
Ok. Not sure if it should show something or not. I spoke to a D+ rep prior to the launch. He said D23 would already be active and when I added the Verizon sub it would be reflected in the account billing detail. ie. 2023. That may or may not be accurate?? But I like D+ and I’ve got 3 years to work it out!!

Ok. I called today. No longer an hour wait time! Yeah!! Initially was told the Verizon and D23 subs didn't combine. I would only have three years total. I was told I got bad info and there was nothing I could do. As I told the cast member that was not an acceptable answer and suggest she check again. She did so and came back on the phone and said you're right the plans combine for 4 years of service. She said the next billing date wouldn't change until the Verizon sub was finished. That makes no sense. So I guess I'll wait a couple days and call again to try and change it so I don't have to have this battle again in November! Looks like they are still trying to figure out how this works??

Hey guys, I found this thread when I googled this issue. I am a D23 3-year subscriber, and I redeemed the Verizon offer this morning, but the website didn't update the Next Billing Date. I talked to Disney+ Customer Service via Live Chat, and the agent told me this:
Disney+ Customer Service said:
I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the offer! We’re already working on processing the extensions - Your account will be updated to reflect the new expiration date within the next 90 days.
So, I'll check back with you guys in April I guess. xD

Thanks
I’ve gotten many letters confirming I get another year
Still haven’t checked what the account shows. Haven’t been home long enough, lol

My D+ subscription last until 2099?? My account shows 2022 should have indicated 2023 but when I called, D+ said their records show 2099. They are investigating but it looks like if you have certain plans with Verizon, you have continuous D+.

Anyone else finding this on their accounts??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!