Disney debit Visa cards?

Sydneyrenee

Earning My Ears
I am going to Disney world in 2 and a half weeks, and I just found out chase offers Disney debit cards with the same 10% off of merchandise and food as the credit card. I am interested in getting the debit card, however do you have to use the debit card to get the discount or can you just show it and ask them to put it on a different card? We have $400 of gift cards for food, however it would be nice to get that additional 10% off as $400 probably won’t cover the week as we have multiple table service. But I’d like to use the gift cards first if possible with the discount. What is your experience with using gift cards while still getting the discount? Will Disney be lenient if we ask?

Thank you for your reply, if I can’t use the discount with the gift cards I don’t really know if it’s worth getting to me. I’ll have to calculate how much I would be spending at Restaurants that didn't offer the discount and see if that would go over the gift cards or not to be worth it.

Also, the Disney debit is from a Chase checking account. If you already have a Chase checking account you could just switch your debit to Disney anyway. Unless you have a student or Access checking account, nothing will change by doing it and you'd get the perks. If you don't, you'd have to open a new checking account and be prepared to meet the requirements to waive the monthly fees (otherwise it wouldn't really be a savings).

Even if you could use the discount with the GCs, would $40 be worth that hassle? If it might be, then they do have a cash bonus for opening an account and meeting certain requirements but you have to leave the account open for 6 months or they may take the bonus back. And it takes about a week before the debit card arrives so if you wanted it for this trip you'd have to decide soon.

If you were interested:
https://www.chase.com/personal/checking/chase-coupon
(And I agree with PP, it's been many years since just showing a card got you the discounts. It's pretty well trained into the CMs that you have to use the card to get it now, as per the terms. At least it was the last time I went.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter