• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dining Experiance Card

sammi6

Walt Disney World is One of the Bare Necessities
What is this? How do you get it?

They're for Florida residents only. I'm just going off your Ohio address - so assuming you're not eligible. But, do you have someone going with you who is a Florida resident? If so, they could purchase it, and it's good for up to six guests.

http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

That is a good question...I wonder...

Also, just so you know they recently changed it...the card is good for 20% off for up to TEN people now! Isn't that great? I have one and I LOVE using it!!!!

The FL resident does not have to pay. I had a few meals recently where I was the FL resident but someone else paid with a credit card and we were not given any hassle whatsoever.

A few times we've had to pay for the dinner, as the holders of the DDE card. It seems to depend on the CM and the manager.

We had nice dinner at Olivia's recently with our FL resident friends - they used their card for the discount, & we charged the meal to our room. No problem!

I think it depends on the restaurant. We've had the card now for about 5 years. Some managers make the card holder pay and sign the check, others aren't so picky.

Does anyone have an updated restraunt list for the dining card? I've checked AllEarsnet and it was last updated 05/2003. Thanks for the help!!

ruebeesoho said:
Does anyone have an updated restraunt list for the dining card? I've checked AllEarsnet and it was last updated 05/2003. Thanks for the help!!

Honestly, it's probably still the same, as I don't think any new restaurants have been established.

You can pretty much count on any sit-down restaurant on Disney property, parks and resorts. A few of the counter service restaurants are included if there is not a sit-down restaurant available, i.e. Port Orleans French Quarter food court. I know some of the counter service restaurants at Animal Kingdom accept it also.

Thanks for the response. We'll be there in Feb w/ 4 adults and 1 child(2) and were looking at getting it. We're buying seasonal passes so that we can go back a couple more times before my daughter turns 3 and saw that we would get a discount to purchase it.

We've had several occasions where we've dined with friends who didn't have the card and we do. Never once had a problem using the card even when we weren't paying. As long as we were there it wasn't a problem.

It is definately worth the money. It can even be used to buy your refillable mugs. :D

jokan said:
It is definately worth the money. It can even be used to buy your refillable mugs. :D

Guess that depends on your CM - when we bought our mugs at POFQ this past May, she wouldn't let me. Kinda made sense to me so I didn't argue with her. Oh well - we still got our money's worth off those mugs.

kbkids said:
They're for Florida residents only. I'm just going off your Ohio address - so assuming you're not eligible. But, do you have someone going with you who is a Florida resident? If so, they could purchase it, and it's good for up to six guests.

http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

From Disneys website:

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - World Premiere Food Court
Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Intermission Food Court
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - End Zone Food Court
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma - The Flavors of Africa, Jiko - The Cooking Place, Victoria Falls
Disney's Beach Club Resort - Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (excludes take-out shop), Cape May Cafe, Martha's Vineyard Lounge, Rip Tide Lounge
Disney's BoardWalk - ESPN® Club, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Bellevue Lounge
Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar & Grill
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney's Contemporary Resort - California Grill, California Grill Lounge, Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse, Outer Rim Lounge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Maya Grill
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only), Trail's End Buffeteria
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Garden View Lounge, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mizner's Lounge, Narcoossee's, Victoria & Albert's (excludes Chef's Table)
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Olivia's Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort - Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Tambu Lounge, Polynesian Luau (Late show only)
Disney's Pop Century Resort - Everything Pop Shopping and Dining and Classic Concoctions
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
Disney's Wide World of Sports™ - Official All-Star Cafe
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point, Territory Lounge, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Yacht Club Galley, Ale and Compass Lounge, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crews Cup Lounge
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Area - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant and Bar, Wolfgang Puck® Cafe, Planet Hollywood
Epcot® - L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Restaurant, Les Chefs de France, Nine Dragons Restaurant, San Angel Inn Restaurante, Bistro de Paris Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Biergarten Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, Restaurant Akershus, Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room, The Garden Grill, Coral Reef Restaurant
Disney-MGM Studios - Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tune-In Lounge, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby
Magic Kingdom® Park - The Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Tusker House Restaurant, Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbeque, Restaurantosaurus

Entertainment & Dancing
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island*Half-price admission for each Club Member, except for specially priced events.
------------------------------

There are some changes from allears not much though. They added Planet Hollywood and Pop Century food Court.

Does anyone else wish this program was open to folks other then FL residents? As AP/DVC types, we would LOVE this option!

I certainly do not mean to complain, but I wish they were accepted at the counter service restaurants at AKL (mara) and WL (Roaring Forks.) I see they are accepted at the Values...I guess because there are no restaurant options there. But then again, there aren't any at POFQ, right?

I tried to use mine at The Mara at AKL (ended up spending $40 on counter service!!! then again, we did have wine and beer) and the CM showed me there is a button on the register that says "DDE card" but it doesn't work. So maybe that is hope that SOMEDAY it will happen.

BCV-You do get SOME discounts as a DVCer,right? I think at DTD or something? I guess they just have those cards mainly for people who live in the area to encourage them to go to the restaurants. My cousin, who lives in Orlando, thinks they should take it one step further and give deep discounts in the slow season if you can prove you are a CENTRAL Florida resident. Her and her DH are dying to stay at a WDW resort, but they feel like it would be stupid to pay so much to be so close to home. Yet another reason I would never move to Orlando...staying at the resorts is what makes the whole trip enjoyable for me!

Just another observation...take it for what it is worth...I NEVER had to show my FL res ID (drivers License) when paying. I just put the card down with my credit card and it was never an issue.

Yes we do get some discounts as AP and DVC members. They are pretty much the same I think. 10% off most resort and EPCOT sitdown restaurants at lunch only. 10% off some DTD restaurants....some for lunch only. HOB is 20% but only before 6.

20% off all sitdowns and alcoholic beverages is some real savings though as prices go up so much at dinner.

But I can dream. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter