Disney Dining Plan or Tables In Wonderland? Help me decide.

Thank you everyone for your replies. You have all given me sound advice and Ive got numbers to crunch. I’m still finding it hard to give up on the dining plan. We’ve been doing it for the last 10-12 years. But, I agree, some restaurants now have limited options and we are definitely drinking far more alcohol than years ago. TIW makes more sense. I’m still leaning towards possibly doing both, DDP and TIW.

Thank you everyone for your replies. You have all given me sound advice and Ive got numbers to crunch. I’m still finding it hard to give up on the dining plan. We’ve been doing it for the last 10-12 years. But, I agree, some restaurants now have limited options and we are definitely drinking far more alcohol than years ago. TIW makes more sense. I’m still leaning towards possibly doing both, DDP and TIW.
Unless you either:
1) Drink a LOT
2) Valet park often
3) Visit many times a year

I just can’t see where both makes financial sense.

ETA....
As suggested earlier, Shula’s with six drinkers could make it worth while on that alone.

Break even on TIW is $750 over the life of the card.

If your a DVC blue card member or annual passholder, its actually closer to $1,500 because most of the restaurants with TIW you already get 10% off of
While it’s true that a blue card will influence the break even point of TIW, the context was the meal at Shula’s where another poster pointed out they only take TIW.

I hadn’t thought of that. I am a “blue card” DVC member...at two resorts. I always forget to ask for my discounts.

I used to forget to ask, now I ask what kind of discounts they have. Annual pass, DVC, Disney credit card, TIW...doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter