Disney Dining Plan Review over Christmas

Jets fan

DIS Veteran
We were on the DDP and were worried about the quality of food and service, but these fears proved to be unfounded, although the menu choices had changed considerably.

Although service was included we tipped extra on all occasions as the service we received really was very good. We found it impossible to use all of our credits and at the end of the holiday we had 20 counter service and 17 snack credits left. It was just impossible to use them all. Unfortunately we could not go into the shop and buy loads of biscuits etc to take back as our suitcases were already full with all the shopping we had done. The DDP was very good value but there really is too much food to eat. I would also advise everybody to book in advance as we witnessed many people being turned away as restaurants were full.

We used our snack credits for breakfast items from the shop at OKW. You can use them for bread, butter, Jam, Peanut butter, bagels, cereals etc so it works out very good value. For the counter services credits the best value has to be at Wolfgang Pucks in Disney Village, but we found if we ate there for lunch we just weren't hungry for dinner which was why we had so many left.

Also, we found that the only one draw back with the dining plan is if people get ill. My mother had a severe asthma attack so did not go out or eat anything for a couple of days so we were left with her credits.

Olivias
Great food, cocktails and service.

Cape May Café
Lovely character breakfast with many choices - great service

Nine Dragons
Before DDP we used to order a few different dishes for all to share and try different flavours. You now get one choice which is put on your plate together with a portion of rice. The food was good though and the service brilliant.

Boma
We went for breakfast and it had lots of choices which were all very tasty and some very unusual. We went at 10.30 so dishes were being run down, so try to book slightly earlier.

Cinderella's Royal Table
It was great to be in the castle but the menu was very limited and to my mind is not worth 2 table service credits. Our server was very attentive and it was fun though.

Hollywood Brown Derby
Was a tad disappointed with this restaurant, not worth 2 credits at all. The food was OK but nothing brilliant or out of the ordinary. It was also freezing in there.

Le Cellier
We only decided on this restaurant after reading reviews on the dining forum and we were really glad that we did. It was brilliant and had so many wonderful choices. The service was great and we tried to book again for another night but there was nothing available. This is probably my favourite restaurant in Disney now and I would recommend it to anybody. We all had different dishes and all thoroughly enjoyed them.

Chefs de France
This used to be my favourite restaurant and it's still very good. I was very apprehensive as they have cut the menu down, but apart from a few dishes being unavailable it was still very good, just not many choices. We had a great young waiter as well.

California Grill
Brilliant location and dinner. The server seemed to have too many people to look after and made a few mistakes, but the food was good and overall well worth 2 credits.

Artist Point
Food quality was a disappointment, but not too bad. Not really worth 2 credits. Service and ambience was good though.

would love to hear more about the c.grill :) im considering this as my birthday meal location

California Grill was great. My nephew went there for his 13th birthday in August. When booking tell them it's a birthday and request a window seat, they will not guarantee this but at least it's on record.

The food is excellent. Here's what we had - well the bits that I remember:

Starters
  • Cheese sampler - my sister said the flavours were amazing
  • Foie Gras and pear - I had this and it was a really lovely taste
  • Goat Cheese Ravioli - my nephew said that the pasta tasted eggy and tasked like it had just been made

Main
  • Filet of beef - Both my nephew and I had this and it was lovely to have vegetables served with it. It was tasty and cooked just how we like it
  • Grilled Pork Tenderloin - my sister always has this and swears it is the best pork she has ever tasted

Dessert
  • Where dreams come true
  • Banana and Butterscotch Buzz - both were absolutely delicious and very unusual at the same time, lovely taste combinations

All in all this is a brilliant destination for a birthday celebration. We did the Wishes Cruise directly afterwards and our boat picked us up from the landing at the Contemporary and dropped us off at The Floridian as we wanted to look around there.

Hope you have a great birthday!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter