Disney Dining Plans

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
I am planning to book a week stay at BLT for my brothers family for October 2020. I will add the Disney Dining Plan to their reservation.

They want to add 2 nights prior at a value resort. I am trying to figure out the logistics of this and the dining plan. Can they try for room only discount and add Disney Dining plan? Or are they limited to Quick Service Plan?

I’m thinking they shouldn’t do a package for the two days and they would be better off getting 10 day tickets Separate.

Room only and a 10 day ticket would likely be cheaper over all. But have you asked Disney? Perhaps as part of package at value resort they could upgrade to regular dining plan by paying the difference, and maybe even apply the cost of the park ticket to a 10 day ticket, so you'll have the ticket on file for them for fastpasses. I'd call and ask Disney Reservations rather than just booking a package over the internet. Ask for a supervisor, as it could be a bit complicated.

People at value resorts can purchase the dining plan. It does nit have to be a quick service one.

If they want a dining plan for those days, they must purchase a package which includes tickets. But those tickets can be upgraded to 10 day to cover time with your points reservation.

Now, when doing a split stay with dining plans, everything from first stay has to be used before 2nd stay begins. So all credits would need to be used by the end of the day they move resorts.

People at value resorts can purchase the dining plan. It does nit have to be a quick service one.

If they want a dining plan for those days, they must purchase a package which includes tickets. But those tickets can be upgraded to 10 day to cover time with your points reservation.

Now, when doing a split stay with dining plans, everything from first stay has to be used before 2nd stay begins. So all credits would need to be used by the end of the day they move resorts.

Just to clarify, they can’t do a room only reservation and then add dining plan to those two days? They would need to do a package which would include tickets?

Won‘t upgrading the tickets to a 10 day have to be done at guest services once they get there? This would mean no fastpasses for most of the stay until we get there?

Just to clarify, they can’t do a room only reservation and then add dining plan to those two days? They would need to do a package which would include tickets?
You can call the reservation line and add just a dining plan to a room only reservation. It's called a ticketless package.

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...an-room-reservation-without-canceling-389780/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!