Disney Dream 9 - 12 March 2018 thread

Looking at the master meet thread it doesn't appear that there has been a thread created for the Disney Dream 9 - 12 March 2018 trip.

My wife and I have decided to shorten our WDW Flower and Garden trip to just a couple of days and tack on this three night cruise to the end of our trip. Any other DISers going?

Hi!! Yes my family and some close friends will be going on this sailing. We are disneyworld for 4 days before the cruise as well. So excited

Yes, I am on board with my best friend, her daughter and her mom. We will be doing 4 days of WDW prior and a few days after due to flights (such a hardship lol) We are hoping someone starts a FE!

Hi! Just booked our 2nd Disney cruise. And this time we are bringing two other families with us so...12 total. More may join! But we for sure all want to be a part of a fish extender group. Keep us in mind as groups form!

Hi! We will be joining you on the cruise. I would also be interested if a fish extender group is started.
We are at WDW 2 days before and several days after. There are 4 of us - me, DH, DD 15, DS 11.

We got all of our reservations made for our upcoming cruise. Scuba diving in Nassau, Jetovator and Cabana at Castaway Cay. Anyone else planning on scuba diving?

We aren't able to make any reservations until the 24th so lucky you! Not planning on any excursions as we like to enjoy the ship on such a short cruise lol. Are there character meets and breakfasts to reserve?

We aren't able to make any reservations until the 24th so lucky you! Not planning on any excursions as we like to enjoy the ship on such a short cruise lol. Are there character meets and breakfasts to reserve?

I'll email Shoreside Concierge and ask if they are doing anything like this. I know we did an Anna and Elsa ticketed meet and greet a few years ago. Those tickets were first come first serve when you boarded and available from Guest Service after you boarded.

There are two different ticketed meet and greets you can do. There is an Anna and Elsa as well as a Princess event. You can book them in advance when your booking date opens up on the 24th. There is also a wine tasting, mixology and beer tasting going on during the cruise as well that can be booked in advance.

Hi everyone! We will also be sailing with all of y'all. It will be my sister, two daughters, mom and I (girls cruise) and we would like to join in if possible in FE if one is started.

Just got a call from DCL, the Jetovator excursion at Castaway Cay has been canceled and is no longer being offered. Well, lets see if there is anything else we want to do...

Hi ?everyone! We will also be sailing with all of y'all. It will be my sister, two daughters, mom and I (girls cruise) and we would like to join in if possible in FE if one is started.
Will you be sailing March 9-12? We are sailing with friends from Wi. that will have their 8 year old granddaughter with them and we'd love to do fish extenders.

Hi All:
Just booked our nd disney cruise. Family of 5 looking to participate in the fish extender exchange. Has anything been arranged?
Are you sailing March 9th-12? My husband and I will be sailing with friends from Wi. They will have their 8 year old granddaughter with them. We'd love to do the fish extender, but are first times at that although we have cruised many times.

Just booked our last min cruise last week!!! We are super excited, it will be my 5th and my parents 11th! I am a past CM beyond excited to get back to Disney :)

Just booked this cruise last night on a whim. While I have cruised before, I have never been on a Disney Cruise. I will be traveling with my 8 year old son. Looking for any tips from experienced Disney cruisers on what we need to do to make the most of our three nights on board.

Just booked this cruise last night on a whim. While I have cruised before, I have never been on a Disney Cruise. I will be traveling with my 8 year old son. Looking for any tips from experienced Disney cruisers on what we need to do to make the most of our three nights on board.

Welcome to the cruise and DCL. I hope you find that as many have Disney sets the bar for service and experience very high compared to other cruise lines. While this will by me and my wife's 5th Disney Cruise I can't offer much in the way of suggestions for your son's experience as we just go for the adult stuff. But get your online account setup and get your excursions booked as soon as you can if you find something you like. There are some character meet and greets you can book as well if your son is into the characters. Frequently there are Fish Extenders groups, if you haven't heard of this it is when a group of people on this board (or other sites) agree to do a gift exchange via a hanger that people put up on the fish decoration on the outside of their state room door. I don't think one has been organized for this sailing date from the group here on the DIS Boards but there are other places that people could have set one up, we didn't look for one this cruise. You will also see a LOT of decorated doors as you walk up and down the corridors. You can print out magnets (do not use stickers or tape on the doors as this is against DCL policy). You can read up on that at this thread for what and how to download and print them out. In this photo you can see the Fish Extender my wife and I have and one of the door magnets we used on a previous cruise.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ladyb-closed.3322275/

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1da9.jpg

We also aren't big on going to the Disney shows but I've read good things about them. You will also find that there will be a great selection of movies on the cruise that are still in the theater but if this is your first cruise I would say spend some time exploring the ship instead of watching a movie you can see when you get home.

Another great tip is to pack a day bag with you when you check in if you don't have your luggage with you. If you aren't sailing concierge then your room might not be available when you first board the ship and you might want to have a swim suit with you so you can get right to the pools when you board. The sail away party is always fun, we typically find a spot on the upper deck so we can look down on the main party but still have great views of the port as we sail away. However, it seems a lot of the kiddos like to be down in the action on the main deck for the party. We love pirate night and you'll find many people dress up, anything from a simple scarf (Disney provides this) and t-shirt to full out pirate outfit. Here's a picture of what my wife and I will be wearing for pirate night.

Disney Dream Pirate Outfit.JPG

Just remember, no matter what have fun and if you see us in our pirate outfits or someone walking around with this Captain Hook tattoo feel free to say hello.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_37da.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts