Disney Dream January 22, 2018 - 4 Day Bahama Cruise

Happy Monday Everyone!!! We are down to only 22 Mondays until our cruise!

This week's Forget Me Not will help you "Just keep swimming", and it's a reminder for your pre-cruise shopping list. Why am I reminding you about shopping so early you ask. Well, because some seasonal items may soon become very difficult to find. The main item I want to remind you not to forget is your snorkel gear (especially if you are planning a beach day at either of our ports). Our family has fallen victim to the "Oh we can wait on that" thought process when it has come to getting snorkel gear before a winter cruise before. And when we went shopping for it in late Nov. early Dec., we could not find anything. Which we found surprising beings that we live in a water tourist town. As a result, we had to hunt the items down online, and pay premium for them.

Now is your best time to find snorkel gear (and other summery items such as swim suits, sun screen, and the like). Stores will be having end of season sales over the next couple of weeks, and you can probably get a pretty good deal on what is left over from the summer. Oh, and if summery clothes are on your need to buy list for the kiddos, think about buying a size bigger. I know that may be an unneeded point, but even the most OCVPDed (Obsessive Compulsive Vacation Planning Disorder) among us (fingers pointing at me :oops:) need reminding occasionally.

Just a side note, kids really don't like showing up to dinner in a tux that allows for a great view of the socks. And they aren't to comfortable in last years (size) swim wear either!!

Have an awesome week.

~Tink~

Happy Monday Everyone!!! We are down to only 22 Mondays until our cruise!

This week's Forget Me Not will help you "Just keep swimming", and it's a reminder for your pre-cruise shopping list. Why am I reminding you about shopping so early you ask. Well, because some seasonal items may soon become very difficult to find. The main item I want to remind you not to forget is your snorkel gear (especially if you are planning a beach day at either of our ports). Our family has fallen victim to the "Oh we can wait on that" thought process when it has come to getting snorkel gear before a winter cruise before. And when we went shopping for it in late Nov. early Dec., we could not find anything. Which we found surprising beings that we live in a water tourist town. As a result, we had to hunt the items down online, and pay premium for them.

Now is your best time to find snorkel gear (and other summery items such as swim suits, sun screen, and the like). Stores will be having end of season sales over the next couple of weeks, and you can probably get a pretty good deal on what is left over from the summer. Oh, and if summery clothes are on your need to buy list for the kiddos, think about buying a size bigger. I know that may be an unneeded point, but even the most OCVPDed (Obsessive Compulsive Vacation Planning Disorder) among us (fingers pointing at me :oops:) need reminding occasionally.

Just a side note, kids really don't like showing up to dinner in a tux that allows for a great view of the socks. And they aren't to comfortable in last years (size) swim wear either!!

Have an awesome week.

~Tink~

I have been doing this too. I don't always like to shop so far ahead, but I know swimsuits will be non existent in the winter months. And I have scored some good deals at Dillard's. And then yesterday Walmart had Disney swimsuits for $1!! I couldn't believe it. It was almost like they were saying, "please just buy this...We would offer it for free if we could."

I have been doing this too. I don't always like to shop so far ahead, but I know swimsuits will be non existent in the winter months. And I have scored some good deals at Dillard's. And then yesterday Walmart had Disney swimsuits for $1!! I couldn't believe it. It was almost like they were saying, "please just buy this...We would offer it for free if we could."
Target is having a sale on summer apparel right now too!
I'm hoping the full face snorkel mask goes on sale soon. I have been watching them on amazon and groupon.
Plus, 5 months isn't that far off. Time will fly over the holidays, and it will be here before you know it.
Our last cruise was this past January. And October - December flew by so fast that I felt like I was rushing around the last few weeks before the cruise. I am hoping to be mostly ready by November.

~Tink ~

Hi everyone! After much planning and saving, we made our reservations today! My family will be celebrating a couple of special occasions. (1) Our four year old son's first Disney trip and (2) My 40th (how did this happen so fast) Birthday! We are doing two days at Magic Kingdom and then this cruise. This is our first time cruising and my fist time posting to a board. I am SO excited! Load me up with insider tips. Ha ha.

Hi everyone! After much planning and saving, we made our reservations today! My family will be celebrating a couple of special occasions. (1) Our four year old son's first Disney trip and (2) My 40th (how did this happen so fast) Birthday! We are doing two days at Magic Kingdom and then this cruise. This is our first time cruising and my fist time posting to a board. I am SO excited! Load me up with insider tips. Ha ha.
Welcome to the group Meakiais!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
You landed on a good board. Not only do I love love love to talk Disney, but, everyone else here is as excited as you are!
So, is your birthday during the cruise? My 47th will fall shortly before our sail date.

~Tink ~

Welcome to the group Meakiais!
You landed on a good board. Not only do I love love love to talk Disney, but, everyone else here is as excited as you are!
So, is your birthday during the cruise? My 47th will fall shortly before our sail date.

~Tink ~
Yes! My birthday is the 22nd. So fun! I love all your Tinks tips so far.

Yes! My birthday is the 22nd. So fun! I love all your Tinks tips so far.
I will try to remember that you are getting an amazing birthday gift. If I can remember, I will bring you a little happy birthday / bon voyage.
Oh, and thanks! :goodvibes

~Tink ~

Target is having a sale on summer apparel right now too!
I'm hoping the full face snorkel mask goes on sale soon. I have been watching them on amazon and groupon.
Plus, 5 months isn't that far off. Time will fly over the holidays, and it will be here before you know it.
Our last cruise was this past January. And October - December flew by so fast that I felt like I was rushing around the last few weeks before the cruise. I am hoping to be mostly ready by November.

~Tink ~
I agree - things go by so fast!

Welcome! I've been learning a lot through my own research (first time cruiser as well) but Tink is also providing a lot of good info! I would read all her stuff. Different info too, than what I see on blogs, etc.

Did you get my message? I PMed you about your post. Please post and let me know yes or no on the receiving. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you!!

~Tink~
Are you not doing an FE? I haven't seen you on the list. When do you find is the best time to drop everything off?

Are you not doing an FE? I haven't seen you on the list. When do you find is the best time to drop everything off?
We're doing one on the cruise just before this one. We haven't decided about this one yet. I will watch how the group developes and at the least help fill in to make sure it's a fun experience for everyone.
As for delivery, we like to plan our deliveries around mealtime. Heading to the show and then dinner (or visa versa) you have to walk from one end of the boat to another. You might as well make those steps good for something. I mean since all vacation food has 0 calories, you won't have any desserts to walk off!:D
As for days, we try to line them up with the day they are good for. For example, if you have a pirate themed gift give that out the day before (or before Castaway for a beach theme).
Hope that helps, and have a good night!

~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone! We have 21 Mondays until we are sailing away with Mickey. :earsgirl::earsboy::earboy2:
But our vacation doesn't start and end at the gang way. So, this week's Forget Me Not is about your pre and post cruise Vacation time.

I can not speak for everyone, but I have not had my wish to live at Disney World granted YET (I still believe in the magic of wishing on a star, so I am holding on to that dream!!!!). For those of you that are like me, and have to find your way to Florida, and then on to Cape Canaveral, will also have to find their way back home after the cruise. And, I believe that the vacation begins when I leave home, and goes until I return home. This leaves a portion of our vacation that needs to be planned for.

Getting to Orlando will take one of 2 forms usually - there is the possibility of the arrival by train as well though. If you are flying in, you will then need to plan for transportation from and to the airport. If you are driving in, you will probably need to plan for a nights stay and then make arrangements for your vehicle while you are away. Here are a few things to get your mind thinking about the pre and post portion of your vacation -

Flying -
in and out the day of boarding and return
- arrange an early enough flight to make sure you can make the 1 hour journey and be able to board no later than 2 ( I know this is earlier than Disney
requires, but this will allow for any hiccups or delays).
- and arrange for a late enough flight that will allow you to leave the port by around 10 AM, make the 1 hour drive, and then still be able to be 3 to 4
hours early, giving you enough time tho navigate security. This airport is large and crowded, and your will appreciate the cushion of time.
in or out a day early or a day after
- arrange for a hotel stay (if you use Disney as a before or after, you can use their free Magical Transports to and / or from the airport)
Both -
- arrange for transportation to and from the port
- Disney Cruise Buses pick up at the airport and Disney resorts. They will also pick up at the port and take you back to either Disney or the
airport
- private cars (limo, sedan, or shuttle type bus) can be arranged from the airport, area hotels, and Disney. Keep in mind though when arranging
a pick up at the airport, make sure they have clearance to do airport pick ups. Private car companies have to get a permit to operate at the
airport. These will also pick up at the port (check to see if they need to get permits at port, and if they charge for tolls)
- Car rentals can be reserved as a one way rental going to and / or from Cape Canaveral. The car companies run shuttles to drop off and pick up
renters at the port. Cars can be rented at the airport, or at many of the area resort locations.
- Ride sharing. Some shuttles or private companies have lager vehicles that can carry up to 10 - 15 passengers. Two or 3 families could arrange
for a ride and share the cost.​
Driving -
Arriving early / staying after -
- arrange for hotel stay
- for those of you choosing Disney, you can usually leave your vehicle at the Disney resort you are staying at and arrange for a ride on the Disney
cruise bus if you prefer this to parking at port.
- if you stay closer to the port, look for a hotel that provides cruise parking and a shuttle to the port
- if you time your arrival for the morning of the cruise, make sure to allot some extra time for hiccups or delays. You can also look into parking at the
port.
And for anyone that that may be coming in with a camper / RV (and you don't choose to stay at Fort Wilderness, or you want to leave Fort Wilderness a
day early) There is an RV camp named Jetti park. It is located at the end of the canal that the Dream will enter and then later leave through when heading to the port. The bonus of this stay is that you can get up early in the morning and see the Dream coming in to port close enough that you could almost reach out and touch it. I have been promised a stay here once we hit the road in 2 years!
Happy planning.
~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone! We have 21 Mondays until we are sailing away with Mickey. :earsgirl::earsboy::earboy2:
But our vacation doesn't start and end at the gang way. So, this week's Forget Me Not is about your pre and post cruise Vacation time.

I can not speak for everyone, but I have not had my wish to live at Disney World granted YET (I still believe in the magic of wishing on a star, so I am holding on to that dream!!!!). For those of you that are like me, and have to find your way to Florida, and then on to Cape Canaveral, will also have to find their way back home after the cruise. And, I believe that the vacation begins when I leave home, and goes until I return home. This leaves a portion of our vacation that needs to be planned for.

Getting to Orlando will take one of 2 forms usually - there is the possibility of the arrival by train as well though. If you are flying in, you will then need to plan for transportation from and to the airport. If you are driving in, you will probably need to plan for a nights stay and then make arrangements for your vehicle while you are away. Here are a few things to get your mind thinking about the pre and post portion of your vacation -

Flying -
in and out the day of boarding and return
- arrange an early enough flight to make sure you can make the 1 hour journey and be able to board no later than 2 ( I know this is earlier than Disney
requires, but this will allow for any hiccups or delays).
- and arrange for a late enough flight that will allow you to leave the port by around 10 AM, make the 1 hour drive, and then still be able to be 3 to 4
hours early, giving you enough time tho navigate security. This airport is large and crowded, and your will appreciate the cushion of time.
in or out a day early or a day after
- arrange for a hotel stay (if you use Disney as a before or after, you can use their free Magical Transports to and / or from the airport)
Both -
- arrange for transportation to and from the port
- Disney Cruise Buses pick up at the airport and Disney resorts. They will also pick up at the port and take you back to either Disney or the
airport
- private cars (limo, sedan, or shuttle type bus) can be arranged from the airport, area hotels, and Disney. Keep in mind though when arranging
a pick up at the airport, make sure they have clearance to do airport pick ups. Private car companies have to get a permit to operate at the
airport. These will also pick up at the port (check to see if they need to get permits at port, and if they charge for tolls)
- Car rentals can be reserved as a one way rental going to and / or from Cape Canaveral. The car companies run shuttles to drop off and pick up
renters at the port. Cars can be rented at the airport, or at many of the area resort locations.
- Ride sharing. Some shuttles or private companies have lager vehicles that can carry up to 10 - 15 passengers. Two or 3 families could arrange
for a ride and share the cost.​
Driving -
Arriving early / staying after -
- arrange for hotel stay
- for those of you choosing Disney, you can usually leave your vehicle at the Disney resort you are staying at and arrange for a ride on the Disney
cruise bus if you prefer this to parking at port.
- if you stay closer to the port, look for a hotel that provides cruise parking and a shuttle to the port
- if you time your arrival for the morning of the cruise, make sure to allot some extra time for hiccups or delays. You can also look into parking at the
port.
And for anyone that that may be coming in with a camper / RV (and you don't choose to stay at Fort Wilderness, or you want to leave Fort Wilderness a
day early) There is an RV camp named Jetti park. It is located at the end of the canal that the Dream will enter and then later leave through when heading to the port. The bonus of this stay is that you can get up early in the morning and see the Dream coming in to port close enough that you could almost reach out and touch it. I have been promised a stay here once we hit the road in 2 years!
Happy planning.
~Tink~
I am so not looking forward to MCO. When we have been there previously, it wasn't a problem. But I only hear negative things now with the construction. :scared:

I am so not looking forward to MCO. When we have been there previously, it wasn't a problem. But I only hear negative things now with the construction. :scared:
We have always planned for extra time to eliminate (or lessen) the anxiety at MCO. We tend to be closer to the 4 hours (or more) early when arriving at MCO. Just to be on the safe side. During our last journey through, the construction was not as bad as I have heard / read from others experience. The TSA inspection was where our headache was. They seemed to be a bit unorganized and that resulted in confusion. Our lesson learned from that experience was to not allow our family to get separated.
Plan to arrive early (both when flying in so that you don't feel rushed when heading to your ground transportation, and when you are flying out), keep all family members together, and think happy thoughts (those are always helpful when flying....:tink:)

This is the song I have running in my head on flight days:
When there's a smile in your heart
There's no better time to start
Think of all the joy you'll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye

You can fly
You can fly
You can fly
You can fly
You can fly​

~Tink~

HELLO!!
This will be our third annual cruise on the very same date/itinerary. So excited! How could we not be?
I can't seem to find a Facebook group, does anyone know if one has been set up yet?
Psst, pixiehallow - I wonder what's the chance that we met last year....

HELLO!!
This will be our third annual cruise on the very same date/itinerary. So excited! How could we not be?
I can't seem to find a Facebook group, does anyone know if one has been set up yet?
Psst, pixiehallow - I wonder what's the chance that we met last year....
Hi THicks863! And Welcome to the group!

It would be so cool if we had sailed together before. As for last year though, if I'm reading this correct, you were on the Dream last year. We were on the Wonder. New friends are just as cool though.
Have you sailed with Disney prior to your 3 annual Dream sailings. This will be our 9th. The only Disney vessel that we have not been on yet is the Magic.

We had never cruised at all before the Dream 2 years ago. My avatar was also turned into a magnet for our door! We love the ship, the itinerary, the length ... it all just works for us. Awesome to meet and make new friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter