Disney Dream - January 8-12, 2018 - 4-Night Bahamian

Just an FYI for anyone not doing the castaway cay challenge, if you aren't familiar, there is also a 5K fun run....but you don't have to run it. Last year we had at least 6 in our family walk it. It is after the challenge on the island, about 8:30. You sign up at guest relations when you board the ship and you will get a ticket. It's for ages 10 and over. At the end, you get a rubber medal with a really nice ribbon with "Castaway Cay 5K' and the year.

Confirming 5660 and 5658... 5658 just moved and can't find her laptop :)

DIS Username: PrincessAng417
Stateroom: 5660
Adults: Joe (37/m/Lightning McQueen & Luigi), Angela (34/f/Eeyore, Elsa, Cinderella, Mickey & Minnie)
Any Allergies?: Bananas
Castaway Challenge?: Yes for Joe!
Celebrations: Cruising/celebrating with Stateroom 5658. Excited about the Castaway Cay challenge, Tina's birthday, and Michaela's first Disney vacation!

DIS Username:
FigmentFanForAlways
Stateroom: 5658
Adults: Tina (33/F/Figment and Tigger), Bobby (33/M/Grumpy or Carl Fredricksen....)
Children: Michaela (1/F/Minnie and Mickey)
Any Allergies?: none
Castaway Challenge?: Yes--Tina is running the 5K after the Half.
Celebrations: Cruising/celebrating with Stateroom 5660. First cruise (of any type) for all of us--first vacation/Disney trip for Michaela!

Also, if there's any information I missed, such as running just the 5K on the island, or the type of race you are running at Disney, let me know before then so I can update. Also, proof your names and staterooms, I am multitasking and can easily make a mistake.

Thanks for the update! I added you. I am going to make one more final list tomorrow, December 30th, at noon and then it's closed. To print, make sure you select "landscape" instead of portrait.
http://holligirls.leadershipeduc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/fishextender12-29.pdf
Hi!

We'd like to join also! Sorry it's been a CRAZY year!

Stateroom: 6040
Adults: Tami - I love Marie & Darren - loves Goofy
Children: Alexandra - age 10 - loves Aurora
Any Allergies?: none
Castaway Challenge?: Yes--Darren is running the Marathon too and Alexandra and I will probably run the free 5k
Celebrations: none

Thank you!

Hey Dawn-- thanks for putting all of this together. Joe in 5660 is running the half at WDW. You didn't miss it-- I didn't supply it! :)

Okay, here's the final list: http://holligirls.leadershipeduc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/FINALfishextender.pdf
8 staterooms total.
Remember to print in landscape, not portrait. Any late info updates (we are closed to any new people), we will all just have to update our own printout. Can't wait! Happy and safe travels to everyone and good luck in your races.
Thank you! So excited! Just noticed our disboard ID is wrong, it's PrincessAlexandra and this is our 3rd cruise.

Hello,
I just checked back this morning and noticed the recent activity. We were the first stateroom to join the initial group and we have our fish extender items all ready. We've been working on them for weeks and my daughter would be so disappointed to not participate. We are running the castaway cay challenge, I'm running Dopey, my daughter is doing the 5k and 10k, and my sister is doing the marathon. Please consider including us in the final group. Our stateroom is 10138. Thanks.

Our information is: Jennifer (47), Tracy (48), Ann (74), and Kate (11). Stateroom 10138. Thanks.

Hi Jennifer-- I was afraid this would happen, so I picked up one extra gift in case a kid was going to feel excluded. Since so many people are participating in the RunDisney events this weekend, I would imagine many folks are already traveling and not able to make adjustments-- but that's just my guess. I will drop something off for your daughter to your stateroom.

Hi Jennifer, I was also afraid this was going to happen. Dawn put a lot of work into this and for awhile no one was responding. I made a gift for each room and I do have an extra and would be happy to include you when I drop off my gift. I would imagine many people are already in Disney so I can’t speak for the other people in the group and what they have packed already. Or even if they’re going to check this page again. The list of the 8 other staterooms are in Dawns post if your daughter wants to spread some pixie dust

Hi Jennifer, I was also afraid this was going to happen. Dawn put a lot of work into this and for awhile no one was responding. I made a gift for each room and I do have an extra and would be happy to include you when I drop off my gift. I would imagine many people are already in Disney so I can’t speak for the other people in the group and what they have packed already. Or even if they’re going to check this page again. The list of the 8 other staterooms are in Dawns post if your daughter wants to spread some pixie dust
Thank you - that's really sweet. We'll deliver our gifts to the rooms on the new list.

Hi Jennifer-- I was afraid this would happen, so I picked up one extra gift in case a kid was going to feel excluded. Since so many people are participating in the RunDisney events this weekend, I would imagine many folks are already traveling and not able to make adjustments-- but that's just my guess. I will drop something off for your daughter to your stateroom.
Thank you -that's so kind. My daughter will be excited!

Hi! We changed rooms from 6040 to 5548. It's almost directly below 6040, but on the starboard (right) side going forward. I will try to call everyone too. Thank you!

Wow, just checking this thread. I completely missed we had to re-confirm our participation the end of December. Sadly I’ve brought gifts for everyone, on the initial list, and I’m not on the current list. I thought once the final list was out I wouldn’t have to keep checking, especially two weeks before the trip. Oh well . . . Not a big deal. I’ll try delivering to the original list first in case there are more like me.

Last edited:
We sat with you guys at dinner on the cruise and you told me about this site. If any of you want to keep in touch, message me and I can send my Facebook info. If not, it was a fun week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter