Disney Dream Oct 15 2018

I'll introduce myself in case anyone else shows up in here! I know it's early, so hoping to "meet" some DIS friends before the cruise. :)

I'm Jenn, DH is James, DD is Keileigh, and DS is Mason. We've just booked our first ever cruise. We are a Disney loving family and thought it appropriate that our first time on the ocean be with Disney. We're from Calgary, Alberta.

We plan on flying to Orlando early and spending a few days in WDW and possibly Universal. I only went to WDW once, in 1993 so it's been a long time!

Hi! My name is also Jennifer or Jen.
We are also on the cruise. My DH and I have cruised before, not on Disney and this is our DD and DS first time cruising.
I believe we will be heading to WDW after the cruise and maybe Universal as well.

Hi Jen! Glad to have you here! How old are your kiddos? What deck are you on?

Hello all! My name is Brandi, my DH (Zack), DD (Makayla - 10), DS (Kaleb - 8) will all be there as well as my parents for their first cruise ever! This is our second Disney Cruise and I AM SO EXCITED! Just to let you all know that there should be a fish extender group being done soon... if one hasn't already. :) If I find the link for the F.E. group I'll see if I can't figure out how to get that info posted here as well! We are on Deck 2 this time. So exciting! Look forward to meeting you all on the boat!

Welcome Brandi!! As I'm new to cruising, I am not comfortable with organizing a FE but MAY join one. ;)

Hi! I'm Leona and we're booked on this cruise. It's me, my husband and my son will be 10 at the time. We're taking my husband's parents on their first cruise to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. This will be our 4th cruise but the first time on the Dream. I have organized Fish Extenders and a few other activities onboard on other groups, so I can put together the FE if you like.

Leona, that would be AMAZING! If you need any help, please just let me know! :woohoo:Also, could you make sure to post the name of the FE group here on the board so we can all join?

Hi all I'd love to get in on the fe...it is our first cruise and think the kids who will be 8 and 10 will love it.

If there is anyone here who would like to maintain a group that isn't Leona's FB group, we can do so here, and we can start a FE here in this group.

Hi! I'm Leona and we're booked on this cruise. It's me, my husband and my son will be 10 at the time. We're taking my husband's parents on their first cruise to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. This will be our 4th cruise but the first time on the Dream. I have organized Fish Extenders and a few other activities onboard on other groups, so I can put together the FE if you like.
I am no longer volunteering for any activities related to this thread. Enjoy your cruise!

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

For those who are new with only a few posts, they will not be able to use the PM (conversation) system until they reach 10 posts. You can go to the DIS Technical Support/Test board where you can quickly and easily post some one word (or one letter) posts to get your count up to 10.

Once you have 10 posts, you will be able to send a PM (now called "Conversation"). There will be a link at the upper right on every page to your "Inbox" and you can click on any username and a link to "Start a conversation" will be available. In addition, you will then be able to upload images and have links in your signature. FE lists can be securely sent via conversation or posted right in the thread as many cruise meets have done for years.

There seems to be a good core group right here for a FE. Someone just needs to volunteer to organize the list right in the thread.

I hope this helps! :)

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

For those who are new with only a few posts, they will not be able to use the PM (conversation) system until they reach 10 posts. You can go to the DIS Technical Support/Test board where you can quickly and easily post some one word (or one letter) posts to get your count up to 10.

Once you have 10 posts, you will be able to send a PM (now called "Conversation"). There will be a link at the upper right on every page to your "Inbox" and you can click on any username and a link to "Start a conversation" will be available. In addition, you will then be able to upload images and have links in your signature. FE lists can be securely sent via conversation or posted right in the thread as many cruise meets have done for years.

There seems to be a good core group right here for a FE. Someone just needs to volunteer to organize the list right in the thread.

I hope this helps! :)

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

Thank you. We will figure out a FE :) There is still lots of time

I just scheduled this cruise this past weekend/ it will be my first cruise and I am sooooo excited. It will be myself (Elana- pronounced E- Lana), my husband, Mike (my high school sweetheart) and our two boys Ethan (will be 8) and Connor (will be 5). We are coming from Minneapolis, Minnesota so I picked this week due to MEA days off and the best week to miss a few days of school :) I can't believe it's a whole 15 months away but we all know time flies.... ! Oh and we are in the middle of deck 7!

Hello all! I am on this cruise as well. First timers! Myself, husband and two boys, will be 7 and 9 when we cruise. I may be interested in a FE group but only if it's small (groups of 5, not interested in 10 or above). I just don't want to be consumed with it. Adding a little extra fun would be great, but "little" is my key word! If we don't do one, that's totally cool too!

Last edited:
Hello all! I am on this cruise as well. First timers! Myself, husband and two boys, will be 7 and 9 when we cruise. I may be interested in a FE group but only if it's small (groups of 5, not interest in 10 or above). I just don't want to be consumed with it. Adding a little extra fun would be great, but "little" is my key word! If we don't do one, that's totally cool too!

I am a first timer too- boys will be 8 and 5, and also think it sounds great to do a FE but smaller group so I would be interested in doing one with 5 :)

Wow, lots of us first timers! As a first timer myself, I don't think I'm comfortable with organizing a FE, but it sounds like there is some interest in a smaller group. Hopefully someone who isn't a first timer can step up and organize one, but if not, it doesn't seem like there'd be any broken hearts if there isn't one. I know I personally don't care either way. :)

I just scheduled this cruise this past weekend/ it will be my first cruise and I am sooooo excited. It will be myself (Elana- pronounced E- Lana), my husband, Mike (my high school sweetheart) and our two boys Ethan (will be 8) and Connor (will be 5). We are coming from Minneapolis, Minnesota so I picked this week due to MEA days off and the best week to miss a few days of school :) I can't believe it's a whole 15 months away but we all know time flies.... ! Oh and we are in the middle of deck 7!

Exciting! My kids are missing a bunch of school for this, but family experiences are more important sometimes. They'll also be bringing work to do on the flight.

Hello all! I am on this cruise as well. First timers! Myself, husband and two boys, will be 7 and 9 when we cruise. I may be interested in a FE group but only if it's small (groups of 5, not interested in 10 or above). I just don't want to be consumed with it. Adding a little extra fun would be great, but "little" is my key word! If we don't do one, that's totally cool too!

Welcome! My DD will be 7 as well! What deck are you on? Do you plan on using the kids club?

I am a first timer too- boys will be 8 and 5, and also think it sounds great to do a FE but smaller group so I would be interested in doing one with 5 :)

What deck are you on? Are you planning on using the kids club?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!