Disney Dream Sept 4, 2017

Hi! We are booked for our FIRST EVER cruise and we are so excited! We are a WDW family and go every year but decided to take a break and try a cruise! YAY!!! It will be myself, DH, twin DDs (7), MIL, and FIL!! We've booked a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom! Oh, it's also a surprise for our girls and I've signed up for the phone call from Mickey and Minnie for the big reveal!

Any tips or advice is much appreciated! I love planning our WDW trips but it seems like planning on a cruise is much less involved! So excited!!

We just booked. 2nd time on the Dream (we went in April), so ask away.

As for tips, get registered for the kids club in advance, it makes it go much quicker (our daughter did not want to leave the kids club, made it easier on us). Castaway Cay is absolutely amazing, it is a large part of the reason we are going back on a cruise so soon. Nassau day we actually spent the day around the boat for us, it was so much quieter and I really have no desire to go around Nassau unless we go to Atlantis (which we might do this time). If there are two things that look good on the menu, ask for both, it is normal and they will not bat an eye at it. Also, don't freak out if you don't get something reserved in advance. The princess meetings were gone before we even got a chance, but they save tickets if you go to guest services once you get on the ship. They also have cool other things (whiskey tasting, my goodness was that worth every penny). And if you have a beer drinker with you, do the mug deal. The mug you get is really nice and it's something like 8 beers to start saving (which over 4 days is not too tough to accomplish).

As for planning, you are correct, you don't need to do a whole lot. It's amazing how much more relaxing the cruise was from a WDW trip (not that I don't like WDW, but for pretty close to the same price, man). The one thing you will really notice is that if you are one of those people that lament how the Disney service has dropped over the years, the cruise will take you back to the days of old. Great experience, you will love this. By the way, same room type we had, it was outstanding, much bigger than we expected (we went verandah this time).

Hi! This will be my family's first DCL cruise. We are excited. Actually the kids won't know until Sept. 4th! Let me know what to do regarding "fish extenders" I have no clue but know it will be fun.

IMG_1305.JPG Hi all,
Not our first cruise , kinda try and go every year lololol.
Anyone remember us from cruises past?

We're from Scotland and I hope to have my Davy Jones Costume on again at the pirate night.

Anyone going from the UK?

Hello! My husband and I recently booked this cruise for our first year anniversary. This would be his first time on DCL-- are we too late to join the FE group? We could not find a group with this sail date (Dream -9/4-9/8) on FB. Please advise. Thank you!! :)

hi! we just recently booked this cruise as well and would LOVE to join the Fe group but i can't find it on fb either. is it somewhere else??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter