Disney Dream September 10th - 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

wow not much action on here for this cruise thought by now there would be, I love the dis board forum and prefer it over fb. Oh well maybe things will get a little busier soon!

The thread usually gets more active the nearer we get to our cruise date, especially since it’s too soon for most people to officially book shore excursions and/or specialty dining. Looking forward to this cruise, but a little anxious since it’s the first cruise I’ve booked during peak hurricane season. I figured, c’est la vie. No matter what happens, I’ll make the best of it! :genie:

Hi Everyone! :wave2: Another anxious cruiser here. This cruise is coming up fast. Memorial day is next weekend and then we'll be in Summer mode with September right around the corner.

Is anyone staying on-site before or after the cruise?

The thread usually gets more active the nearer we get to our cruise date, especially since it’s too soon for most people to officially book shore excursions and/or specialty dining. Looking forward to this cruise, but a little anxious since it’s the first cruise I’ve booked during peak hurricane season. I figured, c’est la vie. No matter what happens, I’ll make the best of it! :genie:

This will be my first hurricane season cruise as well so we'll see how it goes. Making the best of it and keeping positive is all you can do. I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Hi Everyone! :wave2: Another anxious cruiser here. This cruise is coming up fast. Memorial day is next weekend and then we'll be in Summer mode with September right around the corner.

Is anyone staying on-site before or after the cruise?

This will be my first hurricane season cruise as well so we'll see how it goes. Making the best of it and keeping positive is all you can do. I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

we are staying onsite at aoa little mermaid room. We arrive on the 6th and may stay 1 night after cruise depending on flight times. We will be flying out and return to Buffalo since its way cheaper then Toronto we live in Hamilton so its only about an hour or so from here.This will be a 1st time cruising in September past cruises have been end of November end of January and one at March break,, cruised twice in November and weather was great! Hope we luck out and have great weather on this cruise ,, it will be our grandaughters 1st cruise and I'm more worried on how she will handle it if we get rough weather.

wow not much action on here for this cruise thought by now there would be, I love the dis board forum and prefer it over fb. Oh well maybe things will get a little busier soon!

I've been watching this thread for ages, and nothing. The minute I stop watching, everyone comes to visit! *waves* Hello everyone! And yes, I prefer here to that other site which I avoid! We are doing this cruise as part of a B2B.

Yes, I am hoping things will start to pick up now that booking windows are approaching! We've cruised at this time of the year before, and never had any issues. At the end of the day, DCL are always going to do whatever they need to do to keep us safe, even if it's not what we originally intended for our holidays.

Hi Everyone! :wave2: Another anxious cruiser here. This cruise is coming up fast. Memorial day is next weekend and then we'll be in Summer mode with September right around the corner. Is anyone staying on-site before or after the cruise?

We are staying onsite at SSR before and after the cruise, along with a quick jaunt up the coast to NYC and Frozen on Broadway!

If anyone wants to do DisBoard FEs for this cruise, just let me know! :thumbsup2

I hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend!

we are staying onsite at aoa little mermaid room. We arrive on the 6th and may stay 1 night after cruise depending on flight times. We will be flying out and return to Buffalo since its way cheaper then Toronto we live in Hamilton so its only about an hour or so from here.This will be a 1st time cruising in September past cruises have been end of November end of January and one at March break,, cruised twice in November and weather was great! Hope we luck out and have great weather on this cruise ,, it will be our grandaughters 1st cruise and I'm more worried on how she will handle it if we get rough weather.

That sounds great. We'll be staying at POP before the cruise and using DCL transfers to get to the port. I've also got MNSSHP tickets lined up for the night before embarkation. Something tells me I'll be eating a lot of candy on the ship. My past cruises with DCL have all been in January and Castaway Cay was colddddd. At least Sept will be warmer, but we've got the hurricane drama to deal with. I plan on doing the 5k for the first time- it looks like a lot of fun.
I've been watching this thread for ages, and nothing. The minute I stop watching, everyone comes to visit! *waves* Hello everyone! And yes, I prefer here to that other site which I avoid! We are doing this cruise as part of a B2B.

Hi there! We're approaching doubt-digit countdown status so we should start seeing a lot more activity here.
Yes, I am hoping things will start to pick up now that booking windows are approaching! We've cruised at this time of the year before, and never had any issues. At the end of the day, DCL are always going to do whatever they need to do to keep us safe, even if it's not what we originally intended for our holidays.
That's reassuring that you cruised around the same time last year with no hiccups. I'm not really stressing about it. And YES....Booking windows are coming up fast. I actually received a reminder from DCL last night that my deposit was due soon. I need to get that in so I can book my Palo brunch reservation. It will be my first experience dining at Palo and everyone seems to rave about it so i'm really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
We'll be staying at POP before the cruise and using DCL transfers to get to the port. I've also got MNSSHP tickets lined up for the night before embarkation. Something tells me I'll be eating a lot of candy on the ship. My past cruises with DCL have all been in January and Castaway Cay was colddddd. At least Sept will be warmer, but we've got the hurricane drama to deal with. I plan on doing the 5k for the first time- it looks like a lot of fun.

We are driving down to the port, so we can arrive early, as we are B2B-ing this time, so will be making the most of every opportunity. I think we are using the DCL shuttle back, but I'm not sure on that one! Our last cruise was WC on Fantasy over Xmas, but we didn't find it col, not at CC and not at other places, which coming from the middle of a hot Aussie summer I was convinced I would find it freezing! The cold was reserved for our return to WDW with the -3c over Marathon Weekend!

That's reassuring that you cruised around the same time last year with no hiccups. I'm not really stressing about it.
We generally holiday over the peak hurricane season, although cruises are a relatively new addition to our holiday programme. We've been caught in one once (Ernesto) and been delayed/experienced bad weather many times. We don't worry about it now. We know what to do in the event of a hurricane, and know that Disney will do everything they can to keep things running smoothly, and that if anything is changed, or God forbid canceled, it's only because it's just not physically safe for passengers and crew alike. You just got to roll with it!

I need to get that in so I can book my Palo brunch reservation. It will be my first experience dining at Palo and everyone seems to rave about it so i'm really looking forward to it.
We did Palo's brunch for the first time on our Christmas cruise! It was awesome! Some really lovely things to nibble on up there! We had a table full of officers come in and eat whilst we were there too! A really enjoyable mid-morning out and we were stuffed for hours!

Hello! Finally this thread is picking up! I'm sooo looking forward to this cruise last cruise we took was on the fantasy November of 2016 been far to long! Plan on booking a placeholder once onboard and hopefully do another 7 night next year. It would be great if they did a discruise and Id be signing up for that if they did! Never had the chance to do one with them as of yet but I keep my fingers crossed one will be happening, and of course it has to be on a Disney ship! There is a fe started on the other site but if you start one here as well Id be happy to join in as long as its on the smaller side as in number of cabins. I tend to overpack and each trip I try and do less and less, kind of glad there is no real formal night on the shorter cruises at least that saves some space! Ive already started to pick up things to take here and there as I see them when out shopping. Our granddaughter is very excited to be on this cruise she has watched youtube videos of what its like on the ship,,

That sounds great. We'll be staying at POP before the cruise and using DCL transfers to get to the port. I've also got MNSSHP tickets lined up for the night before embarkation. Something tells me I'll be eating a lot of candy on the ship. My past cruises with DCL have all been in January and Castaway Cay was colddddd. At least Sept will be warmer, but we've got the hurricane drama to deal with. I plan on doing the 5k for the first time- it looks like a lot of fun.
How serendipitous! I’ll be staying at Pop Century for a week pre-cruise and a night at All Star Movies post-cruise. I’ll be using DCL transfers, as well. Been playing around with the idea of going to MNSSHP Sunday night as well, but ONLY if it’s confirmed that there will be a Moana meet and greet like last year. She’s my favorite character and doesn’t have ANY M&G’s outside of MNSSHP. I’ve also almost always cruised in January and struggled a bit with the cold water temps.The 5k is a lot of fun and the “medal” you receive afterward is a wonderful keepsake. Be forewarned, it is going to be rather hot in September, so hydrate plenty and I’d recommend Frog Toggs to stay cool. I’ve booked animal encounters (a first for me) for both port days and tossing around the idea of dining at Remy for dinner (it was so wonderful the last time I went) or just sticking with Remy Brunch I reserved for our sea day. Curious to find out what movies will be showing, as watching in 3D is one of my favorite features to take advantage of. I’ve cruised Halloween on the High Seas once before and they showed Nightmare Before Christmas followed up with a meet and greet with Jack and Sally, which is pretty awesome since they’re a difficult character to meet in the park and only during MNSSHP. ::hint, hint:: Super bummed to discover they eliminated both the Golden Mickeys and Villians in lieu of Beauty and the Beast (which I’m actually stoked about seeing). I’m honestly glad to see Villians go, but I don’t understand why they had to drop Golden Mickeys just so they could show Beauty and the Beast twice during the cruise. It’s certainly not going to make or break my vacation, but the shows on the cruise ships are pretty spectacular and I’ll really miss The Golden Mickeys and have no need to see the same show twice within a couple days of one another. I hope the Caribbean gets a respite of all the nasty storms and hurricanes this season so that everyone on the islands can stay safe and secure. 3 months before we’re all aboard! :sail:

I stayed at AoA Little Mermaid section back in the fall of ‘16. While it’s an exquisitely themed resort and the food court has some of the best food offerings I’ve seen on WDW property, I remember the walk from the buses to the Little Mermaid section to be verrrrryyyyy loooooong. I’d read a lot of complaints from others DISers about this drawback before booking the room but figured since I had no problems walking, what’s a few extra steps to my room? Well, it’s not just a few, it’s easily a 10 min walk and that’s with the “short cut” I discovered cutting through the parking lot. At the end of the day, it wasn’t worth it for me, but everyone’s experiences differ. If your granddaughter is a big fan of the Little Mermaid, than it’s absolutely worth it. Perhaps you’ve stayed at this resort before and didn’t mind the long trek back. But just in case, I thought I’d give you a heads up in case she’s only “meh” on the Ariel theme and/or you have walking difficulties.

we have had to move our cruise to the one on the 24th I hope you all have a magical cruise!

we have had to move our cruise to the one on the 24th I hope you all have a magical cruise!

Aw, that's a shame! Although I can't say anything as we moved our 7th Sept cruise to the 14th Sept because it worked better for other things :) Hope you still have a magical cruise on your new sail date!!! Enjoy!

Hey everyone!! This thread has been SUPER slow to pick up but so happy to see we've got some movement now!

I'm SO excited and it's coming around so fast... It's my first cruise as I said in the original post and I've been watching vlogs to get more excited..

I've also got MNSSHP tickets lined up for the night before embarkation.

How serendipitous! Been playing around with the idea of going to MNSSHP Sunday night as well,

I think we're going to book tickets for the Sunday night too! Staying on site in AKL for 10nights prior and Polly for 3nights after the cruise. Bit of a dream trip for me as we are also doing V&A and hoping to book Remy on the cruise. You only turn 30 once!

Apologies for the delay. It has been a crazy summer so far. My area has had two tornadoes and we lost power for a week. It’s like going on a Carnival cruise, but on land! I also discovered flying squirrels in the attic so I’ve been dealing with that. Pest people were here this week sealing areas and setting exclusion traps. We’ve also got a bear cub terrorizing the trash cans but my Husky has been chasing it away. To top things off, I hit a deer so the car is in the shop with over 4k in damages. Meanwhile…. some idiot took off after he pulled into my driveway to turn around and completely took out my mailbox. Anybody else ready for this cruise? Lol

Sorry that you couldn't make it, but I hope your granddaughter enjoys her first cruise!

We are driving down to the port, so we can arrive early, as we are B2B-ing this time, so will be making the most of every opportunity. I think we are using the DCL shuttle back, but I'm not sure on that one! Our last cruise was WC on Fantasy over Xmas, but we didn't find it col, not at CC and not at other places, which coming from the middle of a hot Aussie summer I was convinced I would find it freezing! The cold was reserved for our return to WDW with the -3c over Marathon Weekend!

A B2B sounds so exciting! I need to try that next time as well as driving to the port so I can access the ship earlier. In the past, we typically don’t leave our Disney resort until 12:30ish which puts us in Port Canaveral just before 2, but the good news is our room is usually ready by then. I would’ve stayed on the boat if the weather in FL was -3c.

We generally holiday over the peak hurricane season, although cruises are a relatively new addition to our holiday programme. We've been caught in one once (Ernesto) and been delayed/experienced bad weather many times. We don't worry about it now. We know what to do in the event of a hurricane, and know that Disney will do everything they can to keep things running smoothly, and that if anything is changed, or God forbid canceled, it's only because it's just not physically safe for passengers and crew alike. You just got to roll with it!

Rolling with it is all you can do. There’s no point in even worrying about it because Disney will do all it can to go around the storm and even add new ports of call if need be.

We did Palo's brunch for the first time on our Christmas cruise! It was awesome! Some really lovely things to nibble on up there! We had a table full of officers come in and eat whilst we were there too! A really enjoyable mid-morning out and we were stuffed for hours!

I managed to get a reservation for noon. I need to make a note to skip breakfast.

How serendipitous! I’ll be staying at Pop Century for a week pre-cruise and a night at All Star Movies post-cruise. I’ll be using DCL transfers, as well. Been playing around with the idea of going to MNSSHP Sunday night as well, but ONLY if it’s confirmed that there will be a Moana meet and greet like last year. She’s my favorite character and doesn’t have ANY M&G’s outside of MNSSHP. I’ve also almost always cruised in January and struggled a bit with the cold water temps.The 5k is a lot of fun and the “medal” you receive afterward is a wonderful keepsake. Be forewarned, it is going to be rather hot in September, so hydrate plenty and I’d recommend Frog Toggs to stay cool. I’ve booked animal encounters (a first for me) for both port days and tossing around the idea of dining at Remy for dinner (it was so wonderful the last time I went) or just sticking with Remy Brunch I reserved for our sea day. Curious to find out what movies will be showing, as watching in 3D is one of my favorite features to take advantage of. I’ve cruised Halloween on the High Seas once before and they showed Nightmare Before Christmas followed up with a meet and greet with Jack and Sally, which is pretty awesome since they’re a difficult character to meet in the park and only during MNSSHP. ::hint, hint:: Super bummed to discover they eliminated both the Golden Mickeys and Villians in lieu of Beauty and the Beast (which I’m actually stoked about seeing). I’m honestly glad to see Villians go, but I don’t understand why they had to drop Golden Mickeys just so they could show Beauty and the Beast twice during the cruise. It’s certainly not going to make or break my vacation, but the shows on the cruise ships are pretty spectacular and I’ll really miss The Golden Mickeys and have no need to see the same show twice within a couple days of one another. I hope the Caribbean gets a respite of all the nasty storms and hurricanes this season so that everyone on the islands can stay safe and secure. 3 months before we’re all aboard!
clip_image001.gif

A week at Pop Century sounds great and you should totally post up your itinerary! You have a lot lined up but it sounds incredible (especially that Remy ressie-super bonus if you decide on dinner again). I had a reservation for Remy on my last cruise and even packed my tuxedo, but I started battling a head cold a few days prior. My doctor gave me some antibiotics and I sucked it up but I had to cancel Remy because I just didn’t feel that I would enjoy it being sick. It wasn’t fun at all.

So Moana does not do a M&G on Castaway CC? You would figure she would be there because it’s her element. Hopefully she will make an appearance at the party. I thought CC just had the stingray interaction. Are there more animals to see? I’ve done Discovery Cove a few times and they have massive stingrays there and some great snorkeling. I am totally looking forward to the 5k and receiving that medal. It’s a free souvenir so why not? It will definitely be hot and I believe I read that there are 2 hydration stations so I should be ok. I’ll probably jump in the ocean afterwards anyway. Any particular model/line of Frog Toggs you recommend for staying cool? I thought they were typically meant for rain.

3D is a lot of fun and it seems that Disney embraces it even though it’s being phased out by other studios. They’ll definitely be playing Nightmare Before Christmas on the cruise. I’m pretty sure that’s a guarantee as it’s a Disney Halloween classic and the M&G with Jack & Sally is the cherry on top. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hocus Pocus will be playing as well. Christopher Robin and Ant Man 2 will be the latest Disney films so at least one of those will probably be in 3D. I would imagine Solo & Incredibles 2 will be shown as well.

I was unaware that DCL dropped the previous shows in favor for Beauty and the Beast (totally stoked as well) and curious how it compares to the show at HS. I never had the opportunity to see The Golden Mickeys, but maybe they’ll bring it back. Villians will not be missed haha.

86 days and counting!

Last edited:
A week at Pop Century sounds great and you should totally post up your itinerary! You have a lot lined up but it sounds incredible (especially that Remy ressie-super bonus if you decide on dinner again). I had a reservation for Remy on my last cruise and even packed my tuxedo, but I started battling a head cold a few days prior. My doctor gave me some antibiotics and I sucked it up but I had to cancel Remy because I just didn’t feel that I would enjoy it being sick. It wasn’t fun at all.

So Moana does not do a M&G on Castaway CC? You would figure she would be there because it’s her element. Hopefully she will make an appearance at the party. I thought CC just had the stingray interaction. Are there more animals to see? I’ve done Discovery Cove a few times and they have massive stingrays there and some great snorkeling. I am totally looking forward to the 5k and receiving that medal. It’s a free souvenir so why not? It will definitely be hot and I believe I read that there are 2 hydration stations so I should be ok. I’ll probably jump in the ocean afterwards anyway. Any particular model/line of Frog Toggs you recommend for staying cool? I thought they were typically meant for rain.

Yikes! Sounds like you’ve had a crazy month!! You definitely sound like you need a much deserved vacation.

Sorry you missed out on Remy due to a head cold. You were right to cancel. Remy is an experience all unto itself and I hope you get a chance to experience it this time around.

Moana is extremely difficult to find outside of Disneyland in CA. I’ve done MNSSHP several times in the past and didn’t have any intention of going this trip, but I heard she made an appearance at last years party and it’s rumored she’ll be back this year, too. It’s maddening that you can hardly find Moana or her merchandise in the parks (and the cruise ships). Moana would be a perfect meet and greet for DCL, I agree.

As for the animal encounters, I’m counting the Stingray excursion as an encounter. I’ve never interacted with stingrays before and I thought, why not? I’m doing the Sea Lion encounter in Nassau, so that should be interesting. Im always determined to try something new on any trip.

As for Frog Toggs, no specific recommendation. I bought the medium sized towel, which was pretty large, and cut it into smaller handkerchief sized pieces that I’d store in a ziplock bag for convenience. I’d wipe myself down when needed and rinse and reuse it throughout the day. It’s so refreshing! I purchased mine from Amazon.
Maybe luck will be in our favor for the Golden Mickeys. I was reading on another thread that it’s rumored that they’ll be bringing it back in September when they expect the demand for the new Beauty and the Beast show to be less by then.
Any excursions planned for your trip?

I’m interested in hearing what everyone is looking forward to most on our cruise. It’s hard for me to just pick one, but I have to say it’s that moment right after you board the ship and you’re standing in that glorious atrium and it sinks in that you’re really there and vacation has officially begun. That and Castaway Cay. It’s the reason why I keep sailing this itinerary, now for the 6th time. Ooh, I can’t wait!!!! :cloud9:

Hey everyone!! This thread has been SUPER slow to pick up but so happy to see we've got some movement now!

I'm SO excited and it's coming around so fast... It's my first cruise as I said in the original post and I've been watching vlogs to get more excited..

Yes, it has taken a while to get things moving, but looks like we are on the up and up! :) Planning and researching is the best part, with the exception of the main event of course!

I think we're going to book tickets for the Sunday night too! Staying on site in AKL for 10nights prior and Polly for 3nights after the cruise. Bit of a dream trip for me as we are also doing V&A and hoping to book Remy on the cruise. You only turn 30 once!
A birthday trip, excellent!! We looked at the menu for Remy, but it is not for us. We still to the Palo brunch, however, that was unavailable when we last looked. Another job for after we board.

Apologies for the delay. It has been a crazy summer so far. My area has had two tornadoes and we lost power for a week. It’s like going on a Carnival cruise, but on land! I also discovered flying squirrels in the attic so I’ve been dealing with that. Pest people were here this week sealing areas and setting exclusion traps. We’ve also got a bear cub terrorizing the trash cans but my Husky has been chasing it away. To top things off, I hit a deer so the car is in the shop with over 4k in damages. Meanwhile…. some idiot took off after he pulled into my driveway to turn around and completely took out my mailbox. Anybody else ready for this cruise? Lol

Wow, it sounds like you have been through the wringer! I hope things start looking up for you from now on!

A B2B sounds so exciting! I need to try that next time as well as driving to the port so I can access the ship earlier. In the past, we typically don’t leave our Disney resort until 12:30ish which puts us in Port Canaveral just before 2, but the good news is our room is usually ready by then. I would’ve stayed on the boat if the weather in FL was -3c.

We have always requested the early PATs and driven down, but I know we don't always make it early. That has it's benefits too, because normally by the time we check-in, boarding is open and because we were early we get to go straight on, no matter the boarding group number. Early on the port is busy, the queue for Mickey/Minnie is just as long as the check-in line and there's not much space to wait. There are certainly some things to be said for checking in a bit later :)

As for the weather, we had no idea the weather was going to be like that - we were relaxing in the warmth of the Caribbean! It was only after we stepped out of the terminal and towards the DCL bus transfers that we felt the chilly drop in temperature. When we saw CMs in wool jackets, hats, scarves and gloves, we knew we were in for something unexpected!

I managed to get a reservation for noon. I need to make a note to skip breakfast.
Yes, best thing to do. Then you can stuff your face like crazy! :)

Look forward to hearing more about everyone's plans - we have very few!

We've definitely got some movement now and it will help pass the time for everyone. I've been watching a lot of cruise vlogs as well to put me in the mood. I recently watched the ones put up by Blair Lamb, so I recommend those. The DIS just completed a 5-night cruise so they should be posting up new cruise vlogs as well.
The cruise IS coming up very fast along with the 4th of July is right around the corner.
You're in for a real treat being that this will be your first cruise! Just be aware that they are SUPER addicting.

10 days at AKL sounds incredible! It is a great resort with some incredible restaurants (Sanaa bread service is the best!). I guess the pool is going under refurbishment so that's a bummer. It makes me wonder if there ever be a time when WDW is 100% construction free. I'm glad to hear a few of us will be at the party the night before the cruise.

V&A should be a major highlight of your trip! I look forward to trying it one day. When I went to DL, I did the Napa Rose Chef's Counter at The Grand Californian for my birthday. I added the wine pairing and they were heavy pours. I think they gave us about 7 courses and it was such a memorable dining experience. We even met Andrew Sutton who is pretty much the Disney top chef. He runs Club 33 as well. V&A is ranked at the top so you will not be disappointed.

It sounds like this will be a birthday mega trip!

Yikes! Sounds like you’ve had a crazy month!! You definitely sound like you need a much deserved vacation.

Sorry you missed out on Remy due to a head cold. You were right to cancel. Remy is an experience all unto itself and I hope you get a chance to experience it this time around.

Moana is extremely difficult to find outside of Disneyland in CA. I’ve done MNSSHP several times in the past and didn’t have any intention of going this trip, but I heard she made an appearance at last years party and it’s rumored she’ll be back this year, too. It’s maddening that you can hardly find Moana or her merchandise in the parks (and the cruise ships). Moana would be a perfect meet and greet for DCL, I agree.

As for the animal encounters, I’m counting the Stingray excursion as an encounter. I’ve never interacted with stingrays before and I thought, why not? I’m doing the Sea Lion encounter in Nassau, so that should be interesting. Im always determined to try something new on any trip.

As for Frog Toggs, no specific recommendation. I bought the medium sized towel, which was pretty large, and cut it into smaller handkerchief sized pieces that I’d store in a ziplock bag for convenience. I’d wipe myself down when needed and rinse and reuse it throughout the day. It’s so refreshing! I purchased mine from Amazon.
Maybe luck will be in our favor for the Golden Mickeys. I was reading on another thread that it’s rumored that they’ll be bringing it back in September when they expect the demand for the new Beauty and the Beast show to be less by then.
Any excursions planned for your trip?

I’m interested in hearing what everyone is looking forward to most on our cruise. It’s hard for me to just pick one, but I have to say it’s that moment right after you board the ship and you’re standing in that glorious atrium and it sinks in that you’re really there and vacation has officially begun. That and Castaway Cay. It’s the reason why I keep sailing this itinerary, now for the 6th time. Ooh, I can’t wait!!!! :cloud9:
It HAS been a crazy month, but at least July is on the horizon. We’re just getting closer and closer to that sail date! Pretty soon everyone will be getting their cruise booklet. I don’t have Remy booked this time around, but I’ll definitely do it on my next cruise. I am soooo looking forward to Palo brunch though.

That’s awesome that this will be your 6th cruise! You’ve now officially hit Gold status. I wish WDW had a similar loyalty problem. My background is in hospitality management and so many chains are pushing loyalty programs these days. I guess Disney is in that niche market because not everyone returns back to Disney. This will be my 3rd cruise, so I’ve got a few more before I hit Gold. A friend of mine sent me a few of his lanyards so I’ve been blending in with the Gold and Platinum cruisers. Shh don’t tell anyone.

I hope that the rumors are true and that you get to see Moana on this trip. It is really strange that she isn’t part of the DCL M&G though. I did Aulani before the movie came out, but that would be a perfect destination to have her make an appearance.

I’ll probably be staying on the ship when it pulls into Nassau and enjoy the rainforest room. I had planned on doing the Balmoral Island excursion but the reviews were all over the place plus it seemed silly to do the island when I’ll have CC. There’s a chance I’ll take a stroll (who doesn’t enjoy interacting with the crazy locals) and check out the Tortuga rum cake place. They are delicious and I’m curious how the prices are in Nassau vs. buying them online. Sea Lions are very active so you should have a lot of fun during that encounter. Well…they’re active sometimes.

You should enjoy the stingray encounter. They do an info session before and then I guess you’re given snorkel gear to go swim with them, but I’ve read that they all swim away.

What am I looking forward to most? Just having the opportunity to be at sea is so relaxing for me as I love the water. I enjoy watching the sunrise and sunsets from the balcony and just taking in the beautiful sights of the ocean. Nothing can really top CC though and I go crazy over that banana ice cream. Like you said…there are just too many. Thanks for the Frog Toggs tip as well.:thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!