Disney Dream: September 22nd, 2017 - 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (Halloween on the High Seas)

TheTikiHoovs

All the birds sing words and the flowers croon...
Hi Everyone!

We're The Tiki Hoovs from Philadelphia! We have, Mom Hoov (Me), Dad Hoov, and Baby Hoov (3 yrs old).

We (Mom and Dad) are going on our first Disney Cruise and cannot wait to be sailing the high seas with Mickey and all of you! We would like to start this thread to meet/connect with other people on our cruise. We are also very interested in participating in the Fish Extender for this sailing. With all that being said, I cannot wait to get more information and insight about DCL from New and Veteran DCL Cruisers.

I look forward to seeing you all in September!

-The Tiki Hoovs

party:

Last edited:
Disney Dream: September 22nd, 2017 - 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (Halloween on the High Seas)

Welcome to the Meet & Greet and Fish Extender Group for the September 22nd - 25th 2017 Disney Dream Cruise! If you'd like to join, please post the following information:

-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- Family Name
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Character
-- Favorite Disney Movie

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

This Group will close August 23rd, 2017 (30 days prior to sailing). This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, their gifts.

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person in that cabin or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Friday, September 22nd until 4 PM on Sunday, September 24th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of September 25th.

3.Please include a tag with your cabin number on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from. (Ex. From Cabin 1234)

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our August 23rd sign up deadline.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.

4. Scissors / clippers to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.

5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks!!!!!

**Be aware of the policy below** (no social media, no google docs, no email, no PM, no directions to sites etc...)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Last edited:
We are the Gumz Famly from Colorado! Dad Gumz, Mom Gumz, and Boy Gumz (10 yrs).

I copied the above FE information from another post, but it all seemed to make sense to follow! :)

Below is our Fish Extender information:

-- Cabin #9584
-- Gumz Family (3)
-- Dad (Schannon), Mom (Rebekah), Boy (Aiden) (age 10)
-- Celebrating being First time Cruisers!! (And mom's 40th birthday)
-- Food Allergies
*Mom, severe gluten allergy
-- Favorite Disney Characters:
*Dad: All Disney Marvel characters, especially Guardians of the Galaxy
*Mom: Belle
*Boy, 10: Disney Superheroes
-- Favorite Disney Movies
*Dad's: all Disney Marvel movies
*Mom: Beauty and the Beast
*Boy, 10: all Disney Marvel movies

Last edited:
Hello Hello! Great to have you aboard and thanks for posting the FE info!

- Mama Tiki Hoov

Last edited:

So, I looked up a "personal navigator" daily schedule from a previous 3-day Halloween on the High Seas cruise on the Disney Dream (September 2016), and it looks like our Halloween night gets combined with the Pirate night. And the celebrations were on the Nassau day rather than the Castaway Cay day as most of the blogs that I've read suggest.

I'm a nerdy to-the-hour-planner for vacations...(I know it's kind of annoying to some people, but my boys are easily bored so I like to have a plan all of the time); so now we have to decide.....do we do Halloween costumes and Pirate costumes? or choose only one and change 2x?! Hahaha. It seems like overkill to do both, but that's part of the fun of the Halloween cruise! I'm sure most people will dress up as Pirates for all of it, but I really wanted to do Guardians of the Galaxy costumes....oh, the dilemmas of vacations.....hehe.

We are the Gunkel Family from Florida. This is our 3rd Disney Cruise but it will be our first time participating in the Fish Extender. We are excited to do another Disney Cruise and can't wait!!

-- Cabin #: 6624

-- Family Name: The Gunkel Family (5)
-- FE Participants: Mom (Heather), Dad (David), Brady (12), Caleb (9), Tanner (7)
-- Any food allergies: None
-- Favorite Disney Character: We love all Disney characters!

Yay!! So excited to have more people doing the FE exchange!

My son and I have started working on our gifts already.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
I'm so excited to announce I'm finally doing this! We are huge Disney fans and have been everywhere with Disney but have yet participate and I can't wait (geeking!).
Cabin: 7680
Family Name: Bailey
Names: Male (uncle), Female (aunt), Girl 5
No celebrations and no allergies
Favorite Disney Character: Uncle- Mary Poppins, Aunt- Maleficent, Girl- Everything Froze
Favorite Disney Movie: Uncle- The Lion King, Aunt- The Emperor's New Grove, Girl- Frozen and Nemo

Can't wait to Disney with all of you!

So, I looked up a "personal navigator" daily schedule from a previous 3-day Halloween on the High Seas cruise on the Disney Dream (September 2016), and it looks like our Halloween night gets combined with the Pirate night. And the celebrations were on the Nassau day rather than the Castaway Cay day as most of the blogs that I've read suggest.

I'm a nerdy to-the-hour-planner for vacations...(I know it's kind of annoying to some people, but my boys are easily bored so I like to have a plan all of the time); so now we have to decide.....do we do Halloween costumes and Pirate costumes? or choose only one and change 2x?! Hahaha. It seems like overkill to do both, but that's part of the fun of the Halloween cruise! I'm sure most people will dress up as Pirates for all of it, but I really wanted to do Guardians of the Galaxy costumes....oh, the dilemmas of vacations.....hehe.

Do the unexpected!

Due to a grandbaby coming we have to bump our cruise up a few weeks...
Have a great time sailing everyone we hope to cross paths soon!

-TheTikiHoovs <3

Hi everyone!
We would like to join! Its our second time doing a disney cruise but its our first time doing fish extender,
-- Cabin # 7188
-- Abasolo Family
-- Tommy (dad), LJ (Mom), Xam (6 y.o), Rhett (3 y.o)
--It's Tommy (dad's) birthday on the 22nd
-- No food allergies
-- Xam loves Disney Cars and obsessed with the Pixar Lamp, Rhett loves Lion King, Lion Guard and Disney Cars too
-- Movies: disney cars, disney Planes, finding Nemo and finding dory

Hi everyone!
We would like to join! Its our second time doing a disney cruise but its our first time doing fish extender,
-- Cabin # 7188
-- Abasolo Family
-- Tommy (dad), LJ (Mom), Xam (6 y.o), Rhett (3 y.o)
--It's Tommy (dad's) birthday on the 22nd
-- No food allergies
-- Xam loves Disney Cars and obsessed with the Pixar Lamp, Rhett loves Lion King, Lion Guard and Disney Cars too
-- Movies: disney cars, disney Planes, finding Nemo and finding dory
Welcome aboard!

Hi all! We are going on our second Disney Cruise and we are certified "Disnerds"! We eat drink and sleep Disney and our oldest (22) is studying to become a Disney Imagineer.
We really enjoyed doing the fish extender on our last cruise and are looking forward to doing it again.
-- Cabin # - 8104
-- Family Name - Hoyle
-- Any special cruise celebrations - Graduations - Jon from college and Ryan from High School
-- Any food allergies - no
Wally - DAD - Mickey - Marvel
Wendy - MOM - Minnie, Marie from Aristocats, and Wendy, of Course. I love Princess movies
Jonathan - 22 - Fav character is Jiminy Cricket Fav Movie is Zootopia
Ryan - 17 - Fav character is Stitch and he loves Marvel movies and karate
Breanna - 13 - Fav character is Tinkerbell and she also likes Marvel. She is a ballerina.

Please do include your email address on your gifts so thank yous can be said! thanks

Count us in! Stevens family from NE Florida. This is DCL #10 for us, C'MON Platinum!

-- Cabin # 7508
-- Family Name - Stevens
-- Buddy - Nightmare Before Christmas - Pluto
-- Tanya - Mary Poppins - Chip & Dale
-- Any food allergies - NONE

We are so excited to partake in this! We did our first Disney cruise a few weeks ago, & decided to go again to celebrate our little sweeties Birthday in September!

-- Cabin #7528
-- Eubanks Family
-- Dad, Mom, & Deegan (Boy, 4)
-- Celebrating Deegan's 4th Birthday!!
-- No allergies
-- Favorite Disney character is Mickey Mouse!
-- Favorite Disney movie is Toy Story!

Welcome to the Meet & Greet and Fish Extender Group for the September 22nd - 25th 2017 Disney Dream Cruise! If you'd like to join, please post the following information:

-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- Family Name
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Character
-- Favorite Disney Movie

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

This Group will close August 23rd, 2017 (30 days prior to sailing). This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, their gifts.

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person in that cabin or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Friday, September 22nd until 4 PM on Sunday, September 24th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of September 25th.

3.Please include a tag with your cabin number on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from. (Ex. From Cabin 1234)

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our August 23rd sign up deadline.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.

4. Scissors / clippers to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.

5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks!!!!!

**Be aware of the policy below** (no social media, no google docs, no email, no PM, no directions to sites etc...)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter