Disney Dream Wedding PJ - DCL - Marla and Garrett - June 2016

mmfinn72

Marla - June 2016 Disney Bride :-)
Lurkey loo here!! I've been following many threads for the past month and decided to finally jump in and introduce myself. Future Disney Bride here! Still learning the ropes of the boards, but there are sooooo many great ideas and beautiful weddings being shared! I can't wait to "meet" all of the other brides here!

My name is Marla and my fiance is Garrett. I have an 11 year old daughter :-) We are sooo excited to have booked our Cruise Wedding for June 20, 2016 on the Disney Dream. It's a second wedding for both of us, but we are both Disney nuts and figured this would be the best possible way to tie the knot. We love cruising and I've always dreamed of a beach wedding, so here we are! Just about a year away now!

We are just starting the planning now that we have our cruise and wedding booked. So many possibilities and ideas! Wow. Right now, we are trying to finalize our Save the Date announcements and I'm working on the finishing touches of our website :-) I swear, Pinterest is the devil....so many ideas, so little time, money, etc!

Glad to have found these boards and so excited everyone is so willing to share! I can't wait to share along with you! And eek!! Can't wait to be a Disney bride!!!

DETAILS
Disney Dream
Sails June 20, 2016
4 Night Cruise
Wedding on Castaway Cay

Last edited:
:tinker:....and I have to say how incredibly frustrated I am that DCL doesn't offer any kind of "group rates" any longer :worried: Seems like when you're booking a wedding and inviting so many guests, they could at least provide something. Sigh....so right now that's what I'm working very diligently on. Trying to find an agent who can at least make things super easy for everyone and hopefully just maybe offer some stateroom credits.

Off to negotiate some more!:earboy2:

Welcome!! Glad you decided to start a PJ it will really help organize your thoughts and plans, etc! and pinterst is the devil I spent HOURS on there and got so many ideas and then ETSY oh man I spent a pretty penny on that site too! As far as travel agents mine was so great she really helped organize everything and gave everyone onboard credits and plus she was a DCL bride before!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Welcome!! Glad you decided to start a PJ it will really help organize your thoughts and plans, etc! and pinterst is the devil I spent HOURS on there and got so many ideas and then ETSY oh man I spent a pretty penny on that site too! As far as travel agents mine was so great she really helped organize everything and gave everyone onboard credits and plus she was a DCL bride before!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Oh my gosh Melissa! That's what I need!! An agent that knows this process inside and out AND can get everyone some good credits!!!

~Marla

We spent sooooo much time looking over Save the Date designs and Invitation designs over the past week. So many options and so many great designers out there - a lot on Etsy too. I personally love Etsy because you can read the reviews from prior customers. I found some I eliminated right away because of the reviews and some that I had to look into further because prior customers raved about their work and experience.

We both knew being this was a second wedding for both of us, we wanted things to be less formal and more "fun" and themed to the cruise and to Disney. We have narrowed things down and I'm in talks with the designer about color choices and such. I can't wait to post a picture once we get a proof back!!! It's real....it's really real!

The wedding website continues to be a work in progress as I think of more information to add. As we get further along, I plan to add more info about the Cruise process and how everything works since I have a number of first timers. But for now, this seems to provide what my guests need to get started :-)

theknot.com/us/marla-and-garrett

I love your wedding website! It has so much information and will be very appericated by your guest! You already are getting so much done!

I love your wedding website! It has so much information and will be very appericated by your guest! You already are getting so much done!

Thank you! I keep thinking of more to add but I don't want to overwhelm everyone!

Save the Dates finalized and ordered!

Vendor: A La Mode Bride (Etsy and online)

I'll finalize a vendor report once I receive them in the mail, but I enjoyed working with her. She replied to all my convos on Etsy within 12 hours. Once we went through via convo what I wanted, I paid a small deposit and she sent my proof within 24 hours of my deposit being paid! I should have them within 1-2 weeks and they are being mailed Priority. So excited!

icm_fullxfull.62703590_kqjxwocwevkckockskk8.jpg.png

And I just realized today is exactly ONE YEAR from our Wedding Cruise!! YEAH!!!! Let the true countdown begin!

Just got caught up and am following along. I LOVE your Save the Dates... and hooray for one year countdown! :goodvibes

Cute save the dates! Very nautical :)

And yayyyyy being under a year from sailing! Quite exciting.

Hi Marla!

Congratulations on your wedding! I am doing a Dream cruise wedding this October, so I'm digging through PJs to find information. I have a PJ on another website, but this one has so many more active cruise weddings, so I might have to do double duty!

I got my invitations from A La Mode Bride as well! Your save the dates are gorgeous! We went with a boarding pass style invitation and a wedding website as well, so we saved money on RSVP cards. Hope you are getting excited, you've a short time left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter