Disney Escapes on travel channel today

TenThousandVolts

<font color=darkcoral>I just gave 2 examples for t
Did anyone see the Disney Escapes on TC? I guess it is an old show but I hadn't seen it before- They profiled these Disney Destinations:
Grand Floridian
AKL
Y&BC
WL
POP
SSR
DCL
Grand Californian at DL

It was a little salesy when they talked about SSR, mentioning that you can buy a real estate interest... yada yada

I thought DVC was heavily represented- it was fun to watch.

I always miss these! I have been wanting to see any of the Travel Channel specials on WDW and still manage to miss 'em all!

I had not seen it either, so I recorded it and have only watched the first half so far. The part I saw was mostly rehashed footage from the "Great Hotel" series (Samantha Brown). It has a lot of reused video (you can even see Samantha in a number of the scenes), but different narration. I don't recall ever seeing "Great Hotels" episodes on POP or SSR, so at least that should provide some new footage.

It almost reminds me of something you would see playing on one of the WDW-internal channels provided in the WDW resort rooms. Not that that is a bad thing... :thumbsup2

Walt Disney World - Lodging Great Hotels - "Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts - FL"
Nestled on a lake within eyeshot of EPCOT at Walt Disney World, these fantasy-themed resorts turn back the clock to the turn-of-the-century summer homes of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Samantha enjoys the super-sized pool and a Kitchen Sink sundae.
-Friday June 8, 2007 from 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM Channel - Travel Channel

------------
Walt Disney World - Documentary I Love the '80s: 3D - "1982" Episode #3.
Orange Julius; `Victor/Victoria'; EPCOT Center; Freezy Freakies; `Cats'; Human League; Bow Wow Wow; Tron'; VCRs. VH1 description says"In 1982, Walt Disney helped us keep our science straight and bored kids to tears with his brand new EPCOT Center, the "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow."
(TVKirby sez - The segment is the second one after the commercial break at 40 minutes in. As expected, they spend a huge TWO minutes with the VH1 celebrities that call it both Fantastic and Boring. Wil Wheaton proclaims it "Everything that Geeks Love". They show scenes from opening day. There is a shot of Dreamfinder and Figment. Commentary on World Showcase concentrates on the availability of alcohol. Lots of "It looks like a big golf ball" references to Spaceship Earth combined with a graphic of a giant golf club hitting it. It was about what you would expect from VH1. Worth recording for the footage.)
- Friday June 8, 2007 from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM Channel - VH1

--------------
Walt Disney World - Misc. Food Network Challenge - Villain Cakes
Five of America's best cake decorators travel to Disney World to compete in a cake competition where each cake revolves around a famous Disney villain - including Cruella De Ville, Ursula and Captain Hook..
- Sunday June 10, 2007 from 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM Channel - Food Network

-----------

Five of America's best cake decorators travel to Disney World to compete in a cake competition where each cake revolves around a famous Disney villain - including Cruella De Ville, Ursula and Captain Hook..
- Monday June 11, 2007 from 1:00 AM to 2:00 AM Channel - Food Network

--------
Walt Disney World - Documentary Fan's Guide: Walt Disney World
Already a Disney expert? Think again as the ultimate Walt Disney World authorities lead a backstage tour of the biggest thrills, shortest lines, best shopping, and more. Take an unprecedented look at how to make the most of a Disney vacation.
- Tuesday June 12, 2007 from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM Channel - Travel Channel

-----------
Walt Disney World - Documentary Undiscovered Walt Disney World
Little-known attractions and exclusive side trips at the family-themed amusement park include a personal yacht trip and deluxe meals at the chef's table.
- Tuesday June 12, 2007 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM Channel - Travel Channel
-------------
Walt Disney World - Documentary Disney's Animal Kingdom
An examination of the cruise line includes the ship's galley, engine control room and provisioning areas, its Broadway-style theatre and the palatial Walt Disney Suite - Note - This show has new content updated for 2007
- Tuesday June 12, 2007 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM Channel - Travel Channel

------
Disney Cruise Line Disney Cruise Line
An examination of the cruise line includes the ship's galley, engine control room and provisioning areas, its Broadway-style theatre and the palatial Walt Disney Suite - Note - This show has new content updated for 2007
- Tuesday June 12, 2007 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM Channel - Travel Channel

-------
Walt Disney World - Documentary Walt Disney World Resorts: Behind the Scenes
Explore Disney's Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, and Disney-MGM Studios in this in-depth behind-the-scenes tour. Orlando,
Florida, once a sleepy town, has become the nation's #1 vacation spot and a rite of passage for children the world over. Note - This show
has new content updated for 2007
- Tuesday June 12, 2007 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM Channel - Travel Channel

---------
Walt Disney World - Documentary Walt Disney World Resorts: Behind the Scenes
Explore Disney's Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, and Disney-MGM Studios in this in-depth behind-the-scenes tour. Orlando,
Florida, once a sleepy town, has become the nation's #1 vacation spot and a rite of passage for children the world over. Note - This show
has new content updated for 2007
-Wednesday June 13, 2007 from 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM Channel - Travel Channel

-----------
Walt Disney World - Documentary America's Thrillmakers: Walt Disney World
This fascinating study of the rides at Florida's Walt Disney World focuses not on the mechanics involved, but rather on the thought and
imagination behind the attractions and participants' reactions to them. Designers talk about how they dream up the state-of-the-art rides, and testers take a spin---as do cameras, for a vicarious thrill. Also examined is the setup preceding each one that's meant to subliminally prep patrons as they wait in line. Rides include the Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Test Track, Splash Mountain, Dinosaur and Mission: Space.
- Wednesday June 13, 2007 from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM Channel - DHD - Discovery High Def

-----------
- Wednesday June 13, 2007 from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM Channel - Food Network

--------------
- Thursday June 14, 2007 from 12:00 AM to 1:00 AM Channel - Food Network
-------
Walt Disney World - Documentary Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Saturday June 16, 2007 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM Channel - Travel Channel

--------
Disney World - Misc. Food Network Challenge - Villain Cakes
- Saturday June 16, 2007 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM Channel - Food Network

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter