Disney Fantasy April 21, 2018

Hi! We returned from the Magic and booked another cruise while onboard.
April 21, 2018. Who else is joining us? I'm making a Facebook page
Maybe someone will join, do fish extenders, etc...
This belongs on the Cruise Meet Board: http://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-cruise-meets.85/

Also, be aware, links to other social sites are not allowed. You should read this:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

So who has been on the Fantasy? Fill me in!
What would you like to know about the Fantasy?

It's big, holds a lot of people, but there is a lot to do so it doesn't feel crowded except in the atrium and up on the pool deck.

I can't really tell you the difference between the Magic and the Fantasy, since I've never been on the Magic, but I'll be happy to answer any questions about the Fantasy.

What would you like to know about the Fantasy?

It's big, holds a lot of people, but there is a lot to do so it doesn't feel crowded except in the atrium and up on the pool deck.

I can't really tell you the difference between the Magic and the Fantasy, since I've never been on the Magic, but I'll be happy to answer any questions about the Fantasy.

Is this the one with the big water slide that use a raft?

Yes, the waterslide is called the Aquaduck. It pretty much covers the entire top deck forward of the Cabanas buffet area.

Here's a couple of images. It is least crowded on embarkation day, during dinner times, and on port days. Try to ride it at least once at night before it closes.

aquaduck.jpg aquaduck.jpg aquaduck2.jpg

Yes, the waterslide is called the Aquaduck. It pretty much covers the entire top deck forward of the Cabanas buffet area.

Here's a couple of images. It is least crowded on embarkation day, during dinner times, and on port days. Try to ride it at least once at night before it closes.

View attachment 216942 View attachment 216942 View attachment 216943
I did not try it at night on our first cruise. I will have to be sure to add that to my list this time!

HI my family is also on this cruise. We have 4 children but will only be traveling with the youngest two. Our two oldest with be on a high school trip to Ecuador at the same time and parents are not allowed to go. We decided to go on DCL since it will be the only time we have been on that we only need to book one room. Feels like a bargain to us compared to our usual cruise fare.
We participated in a cruise meet group on our last cruise. They scheduled a meet and greet with Captain Mickey, had special lanyards made for our group, and we participated in a fish extender. The kids really enjoyed the fish extender although I was less than impressed but it was entirely my own fault. I spent ALOT of time and money on my gifts and what we received was one or two nice gifts with a ton of dollar store stuff. I just had unrealistic expectations (again my fault) and if I do it again I would give the same quality gifts I did before but would not expect it in return. I am not trying to sound ungrateful I just assumed everyone was as excited as I was and was going all out like I was. I should of known better but again I was just to excited to try something new.
We also had several cabins on our cruise that had room changes. The fish extender group seemed well organized until we got on the boat. We could not contact the "leader" of the fish extender to get the correct cabins because we did not have their room info since they were not in our fish extender group (we had so many people it was divided into 2 groups) and their room number wasn't on our spreadsheet of rooms that was made by the organizer. the spread sheet contained the first names and ages of children along with their DIS name but no last names so we could not even get info from guest services. We ended up bringing home almost a dozen gifts after we gave some to the cabin stewards of our rooms and my mother cabin and sisters cabin too.
I would like to do a fish extender again because the kids really loved the idea of little gifts when they came back to the room plus I still have our cute fish extenders that I made for our doors.
We have been on this same itinerary three times before (it just happens to fall on our school vacation week) but we have never stopped in Tortola before and are excited to explore.

I read in a fish extender group that the organizer hung a notebook on the fish of her room and anyone that had a room change was to write it on the notebook the first night of the cruise and no one was allowed to deliver gifts until the next day. I guess it was the gift givers responsibility to check the notebook for any changes before delivering gifts. She really didn't say how everyone was notified of the change I just assume they would need to check the notebook.

We also had a schedule of when we were to deliver gifts although it was not followed by most participants. It was so that you would receive a gift everyday and not all on one day. We did have at least two days out of 7 that we did not get any gifts and on some days we had soooo much stuff it was on the ground leaning up against the door. When this happens there is a chance that the kids roaming the halls (and some adults too) will help themselves to your treasures.

When we delivered our gifts the kids were our little team of runners and they loved it. We sent them in pairs and gave them the gifts for the rooms on the same floor in a bag and they delivered them to the rooms. All of my gifts were labeled with the stateroom number and name of the receipient so it was easy for them to know where to deliver them. It took about an hour for them to deliver them all and the ones that could not be delivered because there was no fish extender (room change) my mother and I would go back to those rooms with the gifts and our list, knock on the doors, and try to find the receipients. It was a process but we explored parts of the ship we had never been before and that was interesting for us anyway.

I don't believe anyone has organized the fish extender group yet. When we sailed on the magic for the five night there were not many rules with the fish extender and I thought that was nice. It is vacation after all and I didn't want to be limited to when I could deliver my items, in case there was something else I would have rather done during that time. We went as a group and delivered out fish extenders and even got to meet some of those that we gave gifts to. I'm not sure if you have joined the FB group yet. I never even thought about people changing their rooms. I can see how this could be a problem cuz like you I label each of my fish extenders with the room number.

Because of a second foot reconstruction operation set for February, I and my friends had to cancel this cruise.

Hi, I am on this cruise with friends. We have 2 cabins so far, and hope 2 other friends will join us! Most of us are senior citizens who love Disney and Disney Cruise Line!

I am Bobbi, and am Platinum on DCL, and have participated and organized a Local Candy/Snack Exchange on many cruises, and will organize one on this if there is interest. We use Fish Extenders to pass out regional treats. If you think you do not have any regional treats, then pass out your favorite, but most communities have something to share! We print out something from the internet telling about the gift.

Some examples....Life Savers were invented in Cleveland Ohio, Buckeyes are a special Ohio candy, many localities have their own chocolates, Cheese Straws from Mississippi, Hershey candies from PA!

At this point, just note on this thread if you are interested. Cabin information, allergies will be connected beginning in February. I keep the number of participants in a group between 6-11.

Whether you participate in this, or a general FE, or nothing at all, I hope we all have a fantastic cruise!!

Candy exchange interest

bobbiwoz

Last edited:
Hi, I am on this cruise with friends. We have 2 cabins so far, and hope 2 other friends will join us! Most of us are senior citizens who love Disney and Disney Cruise Line!

I am Bobbi, and am Platinum on DCL, and have participated and organized a Local Candy/Snack Exchange on many cruises, and will organize one on this if there is interest. We use Fish Extenders to pass out regional treats. If you think you do not have any regional treats, then pass out your favorite, but most communities have something to share! We print out something from the internet telling about the gift.

Some examples....Life Savers were invented in Cleveland Ohio, Buckeyes are a special Ohio candy, many localities have their own chocolates, Cheese Straws from Mississippi, Hershey candies from PA!

At this point, just note on this thread if you are interested. Cabin information, allergies will be connected beginning in February. I keep the number of participants in a group between 6-11.

Whether you participate in this, or a general FE, or nothing at all, I hope we all have a fantastic cruise!!

Candy exchange interest

bobbiwoz
I am originally from Ohio. Cincinnati to be exact.

I am originally from Ohio. Cincinnati to be exact.
We just sold our Dayton OH house on Friday! We have relocated to Cape May NJ. We both were born in New Jersey, and have decided to retire here. We moved to Dayton because Tom's work brought us there. I taught Mathematics at UC in there Blue Ash campus. I loved the time I taught there.
Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!