Disney Fantasy May 26, 2018- 7 Night Western Caribbean

connellr

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! So excited to be returning to the Fantasy for our second time. This will be our 7th cruise with Disney and we will be celebrating my oldest daughter's 8th grade graduation. Almost at a year out, and getting excited.

I have moved this to the Cruise Meets Board where it will be easier for others to find.

Hi, I was wondering if you knew about the fb page that was started for our cruise date? I don't know if it's frowned upon to mix disboards and fb, but there are already a lot of members joined on the other one. They are starting to fill out info for fish extenders too if anyone wants to join. Just search for our sail date. Please delete if not allowed. Only 418 days to go! LOL

Hi, I was wondering if you knew about the fb page that was started for our cruise date? I don't know if it's frowned upon to mix disboards and fb, but there are already a lot of members joined on the other one. They are starting to fill out info for fish extenders too if anyone wants to join. Just search for our sail date. Please delete if not allowed. Only 418 days to go! LOL
Yes! I was hoping to connect with some additional people that do not do that social media or are fans of this site. Love group decision making for activities and plans. Love your count down already!!

Last edited:
So excited for our cruise! This will be our third Disney cruise, first time on the Fantasy.

PS I hate the Facebook groups because all your friends can see the groups you are in and I don't like for the whole world to know when I'm going to be away from home. Call me paranoid. Lol.

So excited for our cruise! This will be our third Disney cruise, first time on the Fantasy.

PS I hate the Facebook groups because all your friends can see the groups you are in and I don't like for the whole world to know when I'm going to be away from home. Call me paranoid. Lol.

Oh my gosh, I never really thought about my friends seeing it bc they are private. Holy smokes-no good!! lol
So excited for this cruise! Do you participate in FE or the other activities? Seems like most things are done on FB now?

My understanding is that even private groups can show up to your friends. Like my sister in law is in a bunch of private local yard sale groups and I can see that. Edited to add as a non member of those groups I can see that she's in it. Not the posts there.

So far we haven't participated in FE, we are considering it for this time. I've always been concerned that the groups always seem so big and expectations seem high. I don't want to spend a ton of cruise time delivering gifts. Or spend a small fortune on it. How has your experience with it been?

My understanding is that even private groups can show up to your friends. Like my sister in law is in a bunch of private local yard sale groups and I can see that. Edited to add as a non member of those groups I can see that she's in it. Not the posts there.

So far we haven't participated in FE, we are considering it for this time. I've always been concerned that the groups always seem so big and expectations seem high. I don't want to spend a ton of cruise time delivering gifts. Or spend a small fortune on it. How has your experience with it been?
So good to know about posting on FB! Hate that side of things.
We have participated in FE for six of our seven cruises but will be skippping this time due to the set up on FB. Although it is fun to come back to the room to find FE gifts, my girls say they are good with not doing it. When it is held to only 10 cabins, it is pretty manageable. Thinking of doing magnet exchange for this one but on the fence too. Love getting new door magnets. Might just fairy dust those doing the FE. That way I get to "craft" and it is even more fun to drop off!

Hi, we're on this cruise and very excited. It will be our 5th. Second one on the Fantasy. Our group is Me, DH, DD Twins 20 years old and DD 16. We also belong to the facebook group.

Hi everyone - just booked today. It will be our 4th Disney cruise (smaller daughter's 3rd) but first on a bigger ship and first to Caribbean. Loookg forward to sailing with you all.

I've requested to join the other group too and waiting for accept.

New to the board but I have used them for information lots of times! So excited to be on this cruise, our third. It will be me, DH, an DS10. We love the Disney Cruises and finding new things to do each time we are on them!

We are on this cruise :)

It is me, DH and my two DS (10, 8). 11th DCL for us this time! I may go check out the FB group. I love me some FE gifts, but it is tough getting prepped....I am apparently getting lazier and lazier the older I get!

Hi All!! We're on this cruise as well. My husband and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. We don't have kids, but we love all things Disney. :)

For those worried about your groups being visible to friends on that "other" site, you can change your privacy settings to block others from seeing your group memberships. My friends certainly don't need to see all of the Disney and LulaRoe groups I'm in.

Hi:

We're on this cruise as well. Myself, wife and DS 21, DS 17. Looking forward to our 5th Cruise as well. DS 21 not excited about being away from GF. Thinking of renting a satellite phone for the at sea days . :)

Anyone looking for a day pass at one of the stops. We are and are interested in what others have tried.

I tried finding that FB group but couldn't. Can you help me locate it?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. Is there already a FE group or thread set up for this cruise?

Hello everyone... we are going as well. This will be our 9th Disney cruise. It will be me, my DW, DD14, and DD12. My mom will be going with us so the girls can stay in a room with her.... they are getting too old to be in a room with us all the time.

We never do the fish Extender thing, but we love doing mixology. Maybe we can set something up.

This will be our 3rd time on the Fantasy. In the past we have swam with the dolphins and saw the turtle farm at grand Cayman. We have friends who live in Cozumel so they usually take us to a small beach area. I think we are planning on climbing the falls in Jamaica this time. We always snorkel at Castaway Cay.

Can't wait to go. Hopefully we can meet everyone onboard!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter