Disney Fantasy November 11th 2017 - Western Caribbean - Let's Have Lots of FUN!

Who's joining us on our Voyage Nov 11, 2017

• Yes

Votes: 22 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just paid our deposit for the cruise. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary! Beyond excited! Heard about the fish extenders from my co-worker...would love to join!

Traveling from Elk Grove, California.

Mirinda - Mom
Shawn - Dad
Aidan - Son - age 8
Ava - Daughter - age 6

Hello, we are sailing on this cruise too! We'd love to join FE group. This will be our 6th Disney Cruise!!! Yes, we are addicts! Already booked for the 5-night 2018 Mediterranean on July 17 if anyone else is doing that one too! Since we have sailed a lot please feel free to ask me any questions about the cruises if you are a newbie! Here's our info:

STATEROOM: 11020
Jennifer (Mom)
Steve (Dad)
Keanu (son - age 12)
Kanoa (son - age 9)
WE ARE ALL STAR WARS FANS!!
We live in Austin, TX

Question for you...When we port, do you take your passports with you? Not sure if the rules are different for Canadian citizens. Thanks :)

Hi everyone!

I have good and bad news....

The good news, I am expecting a baby this December!!:cloud9:
The bad news, I cannot cruise in November d/t the 24 week restriction. So we have rescheduled our cruising dates. I will not be able to manage the FE for this cruise and I am terribly sorry.:sad1:

I hope you all have a wonderful and amazing time.

May we our paths cross on other sailings. :sail:

Been researching on all the port excursions...are there any must do or see? We definitely want to swim with the dolphins. Cozumel: Dolphinaris Cozumel vs Dolphin Discovery Cozumel? There are so much choices...if any veteran cruisers can help that would be great! Thank you.

Question for you...When we port, do you take your passports with you? Not sure if the rules are different for Canadian citizens. Thanks :)
No, they do not recommend taking your passports. When getting off and back on boat you only need your driver's license and Keys to the World Card which is your room key and card that is linked to your onboard account. http://alittleclaireification.com/wp-content/uploads/2035/05/Key-To-The-World.jpg They don't want you to take passport because you could lose it or it be stolen and then you are stuck in customs when you get back to US. NOTE: Everyone in your family must present the Keys to the World Card. Adults/parents only need to show driver's license. You may want to check with DCL for Canadian residence. I am not Canadian so I am not sure of rules.

Been researching on all the port excursions...are there any must do or see? We definitely want to swim with the dolphins. Cozumel: Dolphinaris Cozumel vs Dolphin Discovery Cozumel? There are so much choices...if any veteran cruisers can help that would be great! Thank you.

I've done many Dolphin swims and they are fun, but I recommend doing whatever the best/deluxe package is. Don't do the "encounter" as its short and boring. The encounter doesn't allow you to swim with them. If you have little ones most of the places have height and weight restriction for what they allow little kids to do. I believe most of the dolphin places do the same kinds of experiences, but I've done Dolphin Discovery recently and it was very good. Do the Royal Swim with them. It was such a good experience!

I've done many Dolphin swims and they are fun, but I recommend doing whatever the best/deluxe package is. Don't do the "encounter" as its short and boring. The encounter doesn't allow you to swim with them. If you have little ones most of the places have height and weight restriction for what they allow little kids to do. I believe most of the dolphin places do the same kinds of experiences, but I've done Dolphin Discovery recently and it was very good. Do the Royal Swim with them. It was such a good experience!
Thank you for your response, I have an 8 and 6 year old. We definitely want to swim with the dolphins! My kids want to kiss them too.

Hi everyone!

I have good and bad news....

The good news, I am expecting a baby this December!!:cloud9:
The bad news, I cannot cruise in November d/t the 24 week restriction. So we have rescheduled our cruising dates. I will not be able to manage the FE for this cruise and I am terribly sorry.:sad1:

I hope you all have a wonderful and amazing time.

May we our paths cross on other sailings. :sail:
Congratulations on your baby news! Definitely bad news for us newbies :-(

Our FIRST ever Disney cruise for our family of 4, celebrating 2 birthdays, and we're all sooooo super pumped/excited!! :tigger:

Currently chowing down info on everything Disney Cruise-related to be prepared, and my goodness there are a lot of info...

Hi All!!! My family and I decided we wanted to take a another cruise next year and all the excitement was too much! We couldn't hold out and decided we just had to go this November!!! Any who, this is our 6th Disney Cruise and we are beyond thrilled to become Gold Castaway members finally! (Me(31) DH(33) and DS(8))
I have participated in the FE exchange for all cruises we've been on and also was the organizer for 3 of them. I am ready to join, help or organize....
whichever is needed!
We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and couldn't think of a better place to celebrate.

Hi, I just joined this forum and this is my First Disney Cruise. I have had several Friends who have taken Disney Cruises and let me know about the FE. We would love to be a part of one for this Cruise, as it's our first and we want our kids to have the best experience possible. I have NO idea what i'm doing or all the details for a FE, so any guidance by the professional Travelers would be greatly appreciated. I know you need to get/make a fish extender for the room and get gifts to pass out, but i don't know how many, how you know who to give them to, where the rooms are, etc. Thanks for the help!

We are traveling with
Dad
Mom
Daughter - age 5
Son- age 3

Last edited:
Hello! My family and I are excited to sail in just a few short months! This is our second Disney cruise but our first time participating in a FE. We are quite a large group (6 adults, 1 teen, 4 children) spread over three rooms. Do the adults participate as well? Or just the children?

Hi, I just joined this forum and this is my First Disney Cruise. I have had several Friends who have taken Disney Cruises and let me know about the FE. We would love to be a part of one for this Cruise, as it's our first and we want our kids to have the best experience possible. I have NO idea what i'm doing or all the details for a FE, so any guidance by the professional Travelers would be greatly appreciated. I know you need to get/make a fish extender for the room and get gifts to pass out, but i don't know how many, how you know who to give them to, where the rooms are, etc. Thanks for the help!

We are traveling with
Dad
Mom
Daughter - age 5
Son- age 3

I was able to find a FE on Facebook, so I will just go through there. Thanks

We are booked! (Whew!)
And now are trying to learn and prepare for this, our first cruise. Total nubes.

We're Super stoked and looking forward to meeting fun people and seeing/doing all the things!

Robert & Heather Cook

Hello everyone! We are getting so excited for this cruise! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, but our first time doing 7 nights and on this ship. Previously, there has been a "pirate night" and it was so much fun dressing up and being prepared ahead of time. Does anyone know if there is a pirate night or other theme for this itinerary?

Hello everyone! We are getting so excited for this cruise! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, but our first time doing 7 nights and on this ship. Previously, there has been a "pirate night" and it was so much fun dressing up and being prepared ahead of time. Does anyone know if there is a pirate night or other theme for this itinerary?
After further reading, it looks like it is Star Wars instead of pirates. Got it!

After further reading, it looks like it is Star Wars instead of pirates. Got it!
Hi! This is not a Star Wars cruise itinerary; from what I understand, because it is a Very Merrytime Cruise, there will be a special Christmas dinner on formal night (night 2), and pirate night will be on night 5, but there won't be the pirate menu served- it will be the Prince and Princess menu.

I could be off base, so maybe someone else can confirm; we did the 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise last year and are excited to return to the fantasy!!

We are super excited to be on this sailing. It is our first Disney Cruise and we are a family of five- mom, dad, three daughters 7 year old twins and a 4 year old.. Any tips would be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!