Disney Fishing. Who's tried it?

HoldenFamily4Disney

Me (33), DW (34), DD (13), DS (11)
Does anybody have experience with the guided fishing "expeditions" found at Disney? I imagine they have cast members tying on 8 lb largemouth bass once you cast your lure. Seriously though, seems like it could be a lot of fun, and from what I have seen, they do grow their fish large, particularly around the Magic Kingdom resorts...

DH and DS did the one out of the yacht club about 5 years ago and loved it. The guide was very experienced and they caught about 15 Bass in 2 hours. He said they were anywhere from 1-15lbs. It was in Oct. on an overcast morning.

This summer I tagged along and we went out of the CR. Our guide was Eddie, he was a tourney guy from the Tavares chain of lakes near by(I hope I'm getting this fishing lingo right). In July we caught 12 bass weighing anywhere from 1-2.5lbs.

DH loves Bass fishing so he knew what he was doing (hahaha or so he thought he only caught one fish) so Eddie would just give him suggestions when he asked. But for DS, DD and me he did it all. Baited the hooks, took the fish off the line, just whatever we needed. He took us to a couple different places around GF, FW, and the Poly. It was a good time and I would do it again. And if you get a copy of the Birnbaum's Walt Disney World guide there is 20% off coupon in the back.

Ditto. Have done twice and enjoyed the fishing, guide and some of the behind the scenes you get especially on the one out of Beach Club. We fished in the middle of EPCOT world showcase before the park was open.

Does anybody have experience with the guided fishing "expeditions" found at Disney? I imagine they have cast members tying on 8 lb largemouth bass once you cast your lure. Seriously though, seems like it could be a lot of fun, and from what I have seen, they do grow their fish large, particularly around the Magic Kingdom resorts...

We have gone 3X. Twice with DS and I and the other with DD, DS and I. You get some small snacks, water and soda. The guide will set the lines int he water and you get to wait and see what bites. We had a lot of fun and caught a lot of different sized fish. I will say it depends on when you go. If you go July through mid September, it is typically harder to catch them as the water is so warm and they are not as active. I think we caught 6-7 in August when we went. In October, we could barely get the bait in the water. Caught fish from about 2 pounds up to around 6. Mostly striped bass. Before they took out all the docks to rebuild Disney Springs, you could sit on the dock and drop the line off the edge and catch big fish within seconds. If you enjoy fishing, it's a good experience and worth the $$. Always caught fish and have been to about 8 different locations. If lucky, you may even see some alligators. We saw a few. Disney leaves them until they are 4 feet+. Our guide explained that when smaller, they are no threat at all. DS loves fishing and would go every trip if he could.

We have gone 3X. Twice with DS and I and the other with DD, DS and I. You get some small snacks, water and soda. The guide will set the lines int he water and you get to wait and see what bites. We had a lot of fun and caught a lot of different sized fish. I will say it depends on when you go. If you go July through mid September, it is typically harder to catch them as the water is so warm and they are not as active. I think we caught 6-7 in August when we went. In October, we could barely get the bait in the water. Caught fish from about 2 pounds up to around 6. Mostly striped bass. Before they took out all the docks to rebuild Disney Springs, you could sit on the dock and drop the line off the edge and catch big fish within seconds. If you enjoy fishing, it's a good experience and worth the $$. Always caught fish and have been to about 8 different locations. If lucky, you may even see some alligators. We saw a few. Disney leaves them until they are 4 feet+. Our guide explained that when smaller, they are no threat at all. DS loves fishing and would go every trip if he could.

Great feedback, thank you. We typically go during December/January (though October was a great time during the Food and Wine festival). So, I think we'll have to make this happen next time down!

Is a fishing license not needed b/c of being on private property?

No FL fishing License was required but not sure if b/c private property or included in the cost for the excursion. I didn't recall applying for a one-day license when we showed up at the dock.

Book trip, show up, sign in, catch fish, release fish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!